Has Conte Been Sacked Yet?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

When is Conte sacked?

• Tonight

Votes: 26 12.3%
  • Tomorrow

Votes: 63 29.9%
  • Next week

Votes: 33 15.6%
  • Week of Everton game

Votes: 6 2.8%
  • Is still in charge against Everton

Votes: 83 39.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The last 3.5 years have been we extremely traumatic. I think for our mental health we just need someone safe. Someone we can just enjoy watching and having at the club. I just don't think a lot of people can take another roll of the choice, another rebuild, another project. I certainly can't.
I'd take either Poch as a safe choice for all the obvious reasons, or a genuine reset with a "project" manager, with a public announcement from the board that we're giving the new guy enough time and money to succeed.

I agree, no more quick fix "proven winners". They don't work here.

Gets a lot of the fans onside. Best chance of keeping Kane. Buys Levy another couple of years. Only thing is Levy having to admit he was wrong in the first place, which i suspect he's as reluctant to do as a snidey politician.
Best chance of keeping Kane. I'm not so sure about that. Wasn't Kane one of the players that wanted him out?

I'd take either Poch as a safe choice for all the obvious reasons, or a genuine reset with a "project" manager, with a public announcement from the board that we're giving the new guy enough time and money to succeed.

Ken Jeong GIF by The Masked Singer

I bet Levy is currently working out the economics of poaching Will Still from Riems.
IE, how cheap he can get the compensation for and how low he can get the salary, throw in the weekly fine for not being qualified and what is the package worth?

Young - tick
Potential - tick
Cheap - tick (probably)

Very Spursy appointment
Don't Riems have to pay a fine of something like €50k per match because Still doesn't have his UEFA Pro Licence? If so...

Will Still

They could though. We are a club with one of the best strikers in world football, who genuinely wants to win stuff AT Spurs, with a massive annual income and commercial potential.
All it needs is a cohesive team where the winner manager states what he wants, exactly, and gets it.
Not just a player for a position but THE player, for THE position.

And there's one reason that never seems to happen.

I bet Levy is currently working out the economics of poaching Will Still from Riems.
IE, how cheap he can get the compensation for and how low he can get the salary, throw in the weekly fine for not being qualified and what is the package worth?

Young - tick
Potential - tick
Cheap - tick (probably)

Very Spursy appointment

Don't Riems have to pay a fine of something like €50k per match because Still doesn't have his UEFA Pro Licence? If so...

Will Still

Yeah. That's what I said.

Dont think so. He went round to Pochs house the day after he was sacked so pretty sure there was no falling out.
TBF he could still have wanted to move on from Poch without there being any bad blood. It could have been just a professional stance from Kane, if he was one of the players that wanted to move on from him.

Every report has said that Poch wants to come back. Poch himself said in an interview with BT Sport that his dream is to come back to Spurs, win a title so he can experience what winning a title with Spurs is and finish what he started. Whenever Spurs lose he randomly posts a picture of himself in London.

The proofs are there.
Really? That’s funny, if true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom