Has Conte Been Sacked Yet?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

When is Conte sacked?

• Tonight

Votes: 26 12.3%
  • Tomorrow

Votes: 63 29.9%
  • Next week

Votes: 33 15.6%
  • Week of Everton game

Votes: 6 2.8%
  • Is still in charge against Everton

Votes: 83 39.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there's 2 choices.

Poch or everyone else.
Poch is easy and quick. Everyone else will see a repeat of last time out, with 27 very public interviews and misleading information in the press flat out embarrassing the club. Partly through our own fault and partly due to the media loving us making an arse of ourselves

Not Funny Lol GIF by WWE

I think there's 2 choices.

Poch or everyone else.
Poch is easy and quick. Everyone else will see a repeat of last time out, with 27 very public interviews and misleading information in the press flat out embarrassing the club. Partly through our own fault and partly due to the media loving us making an arse of ourselves
Going to be him isn't it, lives in London, out of work, the easiest solution for the club.

Going to be him isn't it, lives in London, out of work, the easiest solution for the club.

If Poch comes back and we actually hear from Levy about the mistakes that were made in the past, some honesty about our sporting objectives, maybe it could work.

But Levy will just use him to hide behind. Just like he always hides behind managers and sporting directors. He needs to tell us what his actual target is for next season. He needs to explain very clearly why it’s appropriate to ask fans to pay £1500 a year to watch this team.

This somehow supposes that great players make great managers and average players don’t.
Three of the greatest managers in the game — Clough, Michels and Mourinho— have 7 caps between them. Ancelotti’s international career, although better, was hardly stellar as I recall.

Maybe Hoddle wasn’t a great manager because he expected players like Ryan Mason to be able to do things that came easy to him — and they couldn’t
What I was getting at is that, it feels to me that at least some of the rationale for Mason to get the job is he “gets” Tottenham. Which feels weird justification when his career with us is objectively considered.

fair point re Clough and Jose. Hoddle, so far at least, is a better manager then Mason. But the comparison is a hard one to make at this stage, one is at the start of their career.

I don't think so, sadly. Otherwise we'd move for Poch right away. The fact that we're giving the job to Mase means that our target is currently in a job and we have to wait till the summer to get him. The only manager that I wouldn't be mad of getting instead from Poch is Nagelsmann.

I think it is more likely that they want Conte out asap before he can do any damage, so he’ll go quite quickly and Mason will come in and start taking training during the next week or so. The international break does us the favour of time. None of the first team players are really there. So we have two weeks to sort the next guy out with Poch the probably fall back option should we not be able to get our man now. I’m sceptical Mason will be in charge for all of the remaining games.

Those ITK's are hilarious. I was on there a few weeks ago and one user made a joke about one of the ITK's and they had a rant about how unappreciated they are and reported that person to the admin to ban him and said that he was never posting ITK on there ever again.

If it’s the same one I’m thinking of he was back then next day and it’s not the first time he’s done it either. He’s probably some school kid having a laugh.

If Poch comes back and we actually hear from Levy about the mistakes that were made in the past, some honesty about our sporting objectives, maybe it could work.

But Levy will just use him to hide behind. Just like he always hides behind managers and sporting directors. He needs to tell us what his actual target is for next season. He needs to explain very clearly why it’s appropriate to ask fans to pay £1500 a year to watch this team.
I doubt, any lessons will have been learnt, it will be business as usual whoever gets the job.

Villa at home was 100% on Kane who did his Neville (I’m going Man City ) interview 2 days before !! Didn’t we win 4 out of 6 with Mason ? That ratio would get top 4!!
He had 5 league games. Lost two. Won 3. Lost to Leeds (a) and Villa.

If he has won both them, he would have finished 4th. Funny old game

I dont think Poch wants to come back. Infact I dont think he’d touch spurs with a barge pole. He was essentially stabbed in the back after years of insane coaching. The first sign of needing backing and poof he was gone.

What makes you think Levy would back Poch this time?

Fuckin’ ENIC trolls
Every report has said that Poch wants to come back. Poch himself said in an interview with BT Sport that his dream is to come back to Spurs, win a title so he can experience what winning a title with Spurs is and finish what he started. Whenever Spurs lose he randomly posts a picture of himself in London.

The proofs are there.

He had 6. Southampton, Wolves, Sheffield, Leicester, Villa, Leeds.

I don't think he did extremely well either, but let's not change facts.

Are you telling me that if we’d won more matches than we have, we’d have more points? And be higher in the league? Genius! That should definitely be our strategy going forward!

I am so torn on the Poch back stuff.

He was very fun to watch and I enjoyed his time in charge greatly. But I don't want us to go running back to the "safe" option. I want us to strike out and build something new instead.
The last 3.5 years have been we extremely traumatic. I think for our mental health we just need someone safe. Someone we can just enjoy watching and having at the club. I just don't think a lot of people can take another roll of the dice, another rebuild, another project. I certainly can't.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom