Has Conte Been Sacked Yet?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

When is Conte sacked?

• Tonight

Votes: 26 12.3%
  • Tomorrow

Votes: 63 29.9%
  • Next week

Votes: 33 15.6%
  • Week of Everton game

Votes: 6 2.8%
  • Is still in charge against Everton

Votes: 83 39.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gah, my desktop is blocking all the twitter posts

Angry Hate GIF

I do think its partly that but also Paratici, who by all accounts doesnt want Poch at all. Levy really has screwed this, the fans want Poch, Levy and the board not sure so sitting around with their thumbs up their arse like 2021, Paratici probably wants some subservient nobody but he might be sacked in 3 weeks anyway. What a well run club we are.

I don't believe Paratici is having a role in this. Why would Levy involve him, he didn't with appointing Conte, so why would he do it now? Levy is too power crazed to let anyone else againmake the huge decision of appointing the next manager. He did that once with Nuno and we saw what happened there. Paratici is on the way out one way or another so I think the mention of him by the media is cursory and it is all on Levy who we go for.

We never learn.

Our board are deluded.

What's the problem with this?

Not ex-Chelsea so that's a plus, as far as I know he has a reputation of implementing an attacking style, and could be wrong but has been pretty successful with it at the clubs he's managed hasn't he?

Is it just that you now feel that Poch is the only answer?

Don't get me wrong, I'd bite your hand off to have Poch in the dugout this weekend, however that's a reflection of the sorry state of affairs at Spurs right now, not that he is the be all and end all.

We never learn.

Our board are deluded.

He was crap at Celta and Roma where he lost more games than he won combined. Lasted a season at each. His Spanish team were as dull as anything but hey he did well at Barcelona with Neymar, Messi and Suarez so i'm sure it will be fine. Another name who would think he was probably doing us a favour who wouldn't last 18 months, in fact i'd give it a season.

Don’t want bloody Enrique. Another “big” name who’s only real success was at Barcelona where every manager eventually ends up successful there such is the ease of that job. No thanks. It’s Pochettino or nobody.

What's the problem with this?

Not ex-Chelsea so that's a plus, as far as I know he has a reputation of implementing an attacking style, and could be wrong but has been pretty successful with it at the clubs he's managed hasn't he?

Is it just that you now feel that Poch is the only answer?

Don't get me wrong, I'd bite your hand off to have Poch in the dugout this weekend, however that's a reflection of the sorry state of affairs at Spurs right now, not that he is the be all and end all.
I don’t want Poch (love him, just don’t think it would work).

Enrique is an excellent manager but he is used to working with an entirely different calibre of player. So we would lurch from a manager who doesn’t want us to have the ball to a manager who never wants us to let go it. Our players aren’t good enough. We also don’t press.

He’d be gone within 18 months. He’s interested because it’s a payday.

I’d like to see us take a risk with someone like Kompany. Or Carrick for that matter.

Don’t want bloody Enrique. Another “big” name who’s only real success was at Barcelona where every manager eventually ends up successful there such is the ease of that job. No thanks. It’s Pochettino or nobody.

Whilst I agree with you about Enrique, saying it's 'Poch or nobody' is utter nonsense. So if we don't get Poch, we have no-one?

Sit down lol

I don’t want Poch (love him, just don’t think it would work).

Enrique is an excellent manager but he is used to working with an entirely different calibre of player. So we would lurch from a manager who doesn’t want us to have the ball to a manager who never wants us to let go it. Our players aren’t good enough. We also don’t press.

He’d be gone within 18 months. He’s interested because it’s a payday.

I’d like to see us take a risk with someone like Kompany. Or Carrick for that matter.
If he'd only managed Barcelona and Spain then I'd see your point completely, but didn't he also do pretty well with Roma, relatively speaking?

And our players might not be Super Club level, but they're also not the Champo cloggers that they are being made to appear by Jose/Nuno/Conte's tactics/coaching (or lack thereof...).

We have players capable of playing decent football in the squad, though some have been ostracised and some simply beaten down, the move to a more progressive manager would hopefully rehab those guys, and also see a shift in our recruitment and a willing to integrate future signings of the ilk of Gil a bit better.

I always felt we appointed the wrong type of DoF. We're not Juve and we're not meant to play negative football. We should have followed a Salzburg, Leipzig, Dortmund model.
I like his enthusiasm and that he's vested in the games, and a DOF to run the footballing side to remove Levy was/is the correct choice. But Paratici has always seemed a bit slimly, like he has small hands and a limp handshake.

I don't really want a DOF deciding how we are going to play, sure structure the club, youth development, manage transfers, player contracts and scouting but don't pick a manager based on how you want to play. Pick one who has the same values and vision of the club. Nuno and Conte have been horrid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom