Has Conte Been Sacked Yet?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

When is Conte sacked?

• Tonight

Votes: 26 12.3%
  • Tomorrow

Votes: 63 29.9%
  • Next week

Votes: 33 15.6%
  • Week of Everton game

Votes: 6 2.8%
  • Is still in charge against Everton

Votes: 83 39.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that everyone knows that Conte cannot go on. But based on some of the reports, there are divides within the board about who should replace him. Some (Levy among them) want Poch. Whilst other people want someone new.

They'll have to decide on a way forward before ending Conte. And the rational part in me can understand that. Even if my more emotional side just want him out already.

If Levy really wanted Poch, he'd be at the press conference today. I think Levy is having trouble swallowing his pride and bringing him back in. I don't believe the noises about divides among the board, Levy is in charge, it is his call. If he wanted him and Poch wanted the job then he would be here now or next week and it would all be sorted quite quickly.

It is why I think if fans want Poch in, then Levy's life needs to be made uncomfortable at the match tomorrow. Putting him under pressure is the only way to get this moving. Whatever the result.

If we go down the route of appointing yet another manager that Chelsea have sacked I think I'll cry.
That'll be the straw that breaks the camel's back for me.

I'll be taking an extended holiday from football if this appointment gets fucked up.

If Levy really wanted Poch, he'd be at the press conference today. I think Levy is having trouble swallowing his pride and bringing him back in. I don't believe the noises about divides among the board, Levy is in charge, it is his call. If he wanted him and Poch wanted the job then he would be here now or next week and it would all be sorted quite quickly.

It is why I think if fans want Poch in, then Levy's life needs to be made uncomfortable at the match tomorrow. Putting him under pressure is the only way to get this moving. Whatever the result.
I do think its partly that but also Paratici, who by all accounts doesnt want Poch at all. Levy really has screwed this, the fans want Poch, Levy and the board not sure so sitting around with their thumbs up their arse like 2021, Paratici probably wants some subservient nobody but he might be sacked in 3 weeks anyway. What a well run club we are.

I think the ex chelsea thing is a bit petty.

They're a big club who tend to go for big coaches. I'd be more concerned if we kept going for championship managers.

I do think its partly that but also Paratici, who by all accounts doesnt want Poch at all. Levy really has screwed this, the fans want Poch, Levy and the board not sure so sitting around with their thumbs up their arse like 2021, Paratici probably wants some subservient nobody but he might be sacked in 3 weeks anyway. What a well run club we are.
Paratici who doesn't coach the players, work on formations and tactics. He sounds slightly annoying if i'm honest. I really feel a DOF is the right structure, but one so wedded to 'his' style and 'his' players, is that somewhat limiting? Have we shot ourselves in the foot?

I think the ex chelsea thing is a bit petty.

They're a big club who tend to go for big coaches. I'd be more concerned if we kept going for championship managers.

The difference between them and us is basically money. They have an elite squad because they can easily afford one so even if they get a manager who isn't suited the players are still elite and thus can adapt easier. We don’t have that luxury.

Being an elite manager does come with draw backs if like Pep for example you have never managed mediocrity. It’s sort of the reason Poch is a superior manager for us than Jose or Conte, doesn’t mean he is a better manager just more suitable. And that is the issue it’s not the best manager it’s the best manager for us under this current ownership.

Oh, I think we've definitely hit that point already. It's just a matter of when and how he's gone.
I'd like to hope so.

Always persistent rumours that the club monitor these forums. Even if they were mingling in the concourses after the CL game, they can't fail to see the levels of angry and hatred aimed at Conte right now. It's worse than Nuno.

I think it's more Paratici TBH. Poch doesn't want a DoF, Paratici probably doesn't want Poch. Paratici will have to be sacked at some expense

Paratici who doesn't coach the players, work on formations and tactics. He sounds slightly annoying if i'm honest. I really feel a DOF is the right structure, but one so wedded to 'his' style and 'his' players, is that somewhat limiting? Have we shot ourselves in the foot?
I always felt we appointed the wrong type of DoF. We're not Juve and we're not meant to play negative football. We should have followed a Salzburg, Leipzig, Dortmund model.

The difference between them and us is basically money. They have an elite squad because they can easily afford one so even if they get a manager who isn't suited the players are still elite and thus can adapt easier. We don’t have that luxury.

Being an elite manager does come with draw backs if like Pep for example you have never managed mediocrity. It’s sort of the reason Poch is a superior manager for us than Jose or Conte, doesn’t mean he is a better manager just more suitable. And that is the issue it’s not the best manager it’s the best manager for us under this current ownership.
I always feel there's 3 tiers of good top level coaches. There's the ones like Fergie, Wenger, Pep who will do well with great squads, they'll win stuff regularly but would struggle like mad with average shite.
There's coaches like Allardyce, Hodgson and Moyes who will keep shite teams floating along, maybe once in a blue moon challenge the top 10 then sink back down to safe bottom half stuff.
Then there's the ones in the middle. Too good for that bottom half shit but not good enough to get teams over the line. Redknapp, Jol, Poch? seem to fall into that bracket.
And sadly, Spurs as a club are firmly in that bracket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom