Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Maybe it's a matter of how/where Poch asks him to play in certain games, but he can have either fairly average or outstanding performances from one game to the next. When he's is able to be more proactive and able to operate as that catalyst to break open the field of play, he really shines. If he gets pinned back and needs to play as more of a holding mid, he just tends to get swallowed up in the game.

Maybe it's a matter of how/where Poch asks him to play in certain games, but he can have either fairly average or outstanding performances from one game to the next. When he's is able to be more proactive and able to operate as that catalyst to break open the field of play, he really shines. If he gets pinned back and needs to play as more of a holding mid, he just tends to get swallowed up in the game.
when he turns and moves forward with the ball he looks like a player we need, just needs to learn when to pass the ball early and when to keep moving forward with it, easy to see when you watch from the sofa

when he turns and moves forward with the ball he looks like a player we need, just needs to learn when to pass the ball early and when to keep moving forward with it, easy to see when you watch from the sofa

For me, he’s just what the doctor ordered, a DM whose more of a contributor in the attack. Dier and Dembele, are good a stifling the opposition, but offer little in creating. We can’t keep relying on only Eriksen to create.

*opens i newspaper*

mIvWoJw.jpg

Eyyyy rusty you made it.

Would have preferred them to have gone with this quote though...

May have been shite against Wolves, but fuck me he was good tonight.
:dembelelol:

Agreed, but on the basis of the quality of the opposition, I think it's important not to get carried away. Much tougher tests ahead.
Hes averaging 0.1 key passes per game in premier league matches. I think PSV being shite but somehow a goal up very early had a lot to do with them trying to hold on and letting us have 30 shots (and hence more keypasses for midfield)

Struggled with the pace of the game ... only two touches in the ten minutes he was on, he gave it away once and managed to get booked as well, shirt pulling or dissent, take your pick ... not his best cameo ... but then you can't judge a player on ten minutes ... call it 'good learning'

How good do you think he can be?

Seems the popular comparison is Scott Parker which I can see...but the Tom Carroll naysayers still are around.

Winks is a terrific player....anyone can see that. Gives us something different, like Modric but that gets stuck in.

I think the naysayers biggest issue is that he’s from the academy, which means he was free, which means Joe Lewis has a big yacht and Spurs need a new central midfield.

Am I doing it right?

Back
Top Bottom