Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I saw 3 out there it was just that Son was shoehorned in on the left for the defensive shift. For me, and even though he was instrumental yesterday, Lamela should have gone on the left of Winks and Son up front.

I'm pretty sure it was a 4231 once Dembele went off, and a cursory glance at the who scored heat maps would seem to confirm that?

I'm pretty sure it was a 4231 once Dembele went off, and a cursory glance at the who scored heat maps would seem to confirm that?

Idk I look at Son’s and albeit the hottest part us up the field, he was on the left in the middle third quite a bit too. On defense it was Sissoko Winks Son with Lamela falling back a bit more. That’s how I saw it. Son for me was clearly playing on the left side of Winks when under pressure

Idk I look at Son’s and albeit the hottest part us up the field, he was on the left in the middle third quite a bit too. On defense it was Sissoko Winks Son with Lamela falling back a bit more. That’s how I saw it. Son for me was clearly playing on the left side of Winks when under pressure

I'm sure Son and Lamela were told to drop and help, as they should anyway. But have a look on whoscored's heat maps and touch maps and how they played and I'm pretty sure it suggests it was an orthodox 4231 pretty much.

u5dZwAb.jpg

I'm sure Son and Lamela were told to drop and help, as they should anyway. But have a look on whoscored's heat maps and touch maps and how they played and I'm pretty sure it suggests it was an orthodox 4231 pretty much.

u5dZwAb.jpg

Gotchya. I guess so, but I just have this image when Son first came on that he was lined up next to Winks with Lucas above him and Lamela above Sissoko on the right. I know the 3 shifted about a great majority, but I thought for the most part, Son was a bit deeper, specifically when in defense.

Very bold and confident going forward lately, and always very quick to look up and move it forward. Not everything is coming off but he's often trying bold incisive passes and moves. If he starts getting those right he'll be pretty scary.

Spurs had something like 30 shots tonight, can't think of too many matches where we have had that number, and for every shot a chance was created

Good point.

Would like to see a list of those with most created chances.

Edit - Actually, just seen Winks created more chances than ANYONE. Having 30 shots or not, that's pretty damn impressive when we have Eriksen, Dele and Lucas all on the pitch at the same time as him and he was playing deeper than all of them.

Back
Top Bottom