Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I prefer him coming off the bench, either to shore up or alternatively to to push our front line if we need a goal. Not that he's a bad starter either! My fave player behind Kane.

Lol.... Can't beat the sight of Dembele coming on In Equalizer mode either....

Right, Ramos? :dembelewtf:

Fantastic dummy to take Hughes out the equation, quick feet and inch perfect pass to Dembele for the 2nd last night.
Improved second half.

Edit. In fact two of them. Sent them both right looking to close passing options with his right foot, opened the space to pass to Dembele and passes with his left.
Very quick brain and skilful. Gets better every view.

Thought he had a very mixed game.

Was much better in the 2nd half than first as you say, but if he loses the ball, which he did frequently, the oppo is onto our backline, he does lack the strength at the moment to even bring down the oppo with a foul. The first goal was all his making, Sanchez, Toby not exactly coming out any better but the error from Winks put us on the back foot that we didn't recover from in that phase.

Love the lad but he's a long way from a dominant midfielder at the moment. What is encouraging is that he is trying to use the ball quickly and is looking for a verticle pass. Without the ball, he's quite poor.

That wiggle out of pressure today was a beauty. Then he had another attempt that led to a counter.

He had it in him and looks to be getting closer to the form he was displaying against Real.

With our horrible midfield he has to be number one. I am really hoping Wanyama is healthy and just regaining sharpness cause we need both of them dearly.

Wonder if Poch will be as brave and pick Winks against Barcelona?

Wasn't his inclusion against Madrid at the Bernebeu last season a bit of a 'shock' ?

Two decent performances back to back. Not his biggest fan yet but if he keeps improving then hes definitely got a place in the team. Going forward better than our other CMs but made some poor errors while defending including a bad backward pass and lost the ball near the box another time. And thats from the 25 minutes or so I was able to watch today. Definitely pick him ahead of Dier everytime though who is going through some weird changes

As this is a Winks thread, I will have to have my say. Throughout Spurs history we have had a number of average players the supporters believe may be the next Pele, believe me Winks is just another false dawn. He is no different to to Steven Clemance, Bentaleb, or at best Ryan Mason. He works hard, but does little else than pass the ball backwards in order he doesn't get picked up for his mistakes. Honestly, he is an average low table player at best. Expect to see him at a team such as Watford or Burnley next season.

As this is a Winks thread, I will have to have my say. Throughout Spurs history we have had a number of average players the supporters believe may be the next Pele, believe me Winks is just another false dawn. He is no different to to Steven Clemance, Bentaleb, or at best Ryan Mason. He works hard, but does little else than pass the ball backwards in order he doesn't get picked up for his mistakes. Honestly, he is an average low table player at best. Expect to see him at a team such as Watford or Burnley next season.

You're genuinely the sort of cunt who probably thought Busquets was average yesterday because he didn't score a goal or get an assist.

Why don't you do us all a favour and eat some poison ivy?

I hope you're wrong, but I can see where you're coming from. As it is, he still has a chance of making it. But if it's at the top level, it won't be with us.

I saw enough in the 2nd half against he best midfield in the world yesterday for me to know Winks has far more in his locker than the Clemences of this world etc. He has a fair old way to go but I was really encouraged by him ditching his sideways football passing of the first half by dropping a shoulder, taking them on and risking the loss of possession in order to gain an advantage for the team. You need to take risks in football and he did it more than I've seen so far yesterday so I'll give the kid more time and hope it becomes a part of his makeup in every game moving forward. Great character, loves the club, is learning gradually it seems all I want to see now is an end product be it an improvement with his shooting or killer ball passing. If he can improve his tenacity when going for the throat he'll be an excellent player to have in our ranks that's come through the youth system. He needs to ensure he isn't there to simply make up the numbers and be tidy so the latter part of the match last night was hugely pleasing to see, it's just a shame it happened because we were trailing for large parts and needed to take risks. More of the same at 0-0 please

Comparing Harry Winks to Stephen Clemence is ridiculous.

I have seen both play and Winks is better in every attribute.

I saw both players make their debuts in person and over time never once did I think Clemence would play for England. However, I said within 15 minutes of seeing Winks play that he would play for England. I am no “scout”’ but that’s how I felt about both players.

For me he is almost exactly the same player that Ryan Mason was even in terms of being as injury prone. Bentaleb had more intelligence to his play. The good thing is he is young so maybe he can improve you never know. The best thing we can do is give him chances to play. He played well vs Watford when they were down to 10 mean and a good game vs Huddersfield.

You're genuinely the sort of cunt who probably thought Busquets was average yesterday because he didn't score a goal or get an assist.

Why don't you do us all a favour and eat some poison ivy?
You want someone to die because they dont hold the same opinion as you about a footballer...acting like he raped your mother.

Back
Top Bottom