Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Those, those boots!!!!!!
Dma3_9fX0AAz6cQ.jpg

:avbnaa:

Harry can play in Hello Kitty boots, but as long as he can stay fit, I won't care.

Great talent, so important for him to play regular now.

feel sorry for Harry. Cant be nice to be told the niggle/discomfort will never go away

Wouldn't surprise me if many top level players in the Premier League are playing with some kind of chronic issue to be honest.

It's a physically demanding league.

Doesn’t sound good if he’s going to feel pain in his ankle for the rest of his career. Can’t believe they described it as a ‘chronic issue’, he’s only 22 years old.

It's a shame he got his injury at 22, I agree. I imagine the 75% of Prem players playing with 'chronic' issues suffered theres a bit later.

I reckon Kane for example also has a chronic issue with his ankle. He's pretty much had the exact same injury as Winks.

He's had an ankle fracture involving ankle ligament damage in consecutive seasons.

Cheers.

I did exactly the same playing football 20 years ago, broke my ankle and tore ligaments - had two screws put in and some kind of ligament repair (stitched I think) - You wouldn't expect that to necessarily become a "chronic" problem per se (it won't feel "normal for 2/3 years but shouldn't cause too much problem after 1/2 years), but then maybe the fact that he's done it twice in two years has complicated it?

Further patience required, yidos.

The future may not come as quickly as some anticipate.

"Close to starting games" will be merely a reflection on his physical fitness. He's missed a great deal of 2 crucial seasons and will still need to re-find the player inside; the one he was only just beginning to come to terms with before the injury(s).

Back
Top Bottom