Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do feel for him with how this season has gone. Hoping with the way Poch obviously likes him and has trusted him in the past in some difficult games that he will put his arm around him, reassure him and get him to focus on next season and getting fully fit.

He needs a relaxing holiday and then full pre season to reboot - missing the World Cup (not that he was guaranteed to go) will be the best thing for him at the moment. Can still be a very important player in our squad.

Just goes to show how quickly things can change in football. One minute you're being touted as one of the best midfielders in the country and a candidate for a World Cup, next you suffer from an unfortunate injury, which derails your season.
Let's keep fingers crossed that a decent rest during the summer can lead to a successful pre-season and he is back to his best for next season.

Now call me over sensitive, but I think the Spurs site's description of Harry Winks' condition is a little OTT:

Harry Winks
Harry is undergoing further investigation and a period of rehabilitation.

...have they mixed him up with Ant McPartland??

He needs to be fit for preseason tour. Many players due to World Cup will miss this giving him opportunities and if he does we'll then as man in possession of a starting place he will be difficult to dislodge. Same applies to Moura. New season, new start. Whilst I am not suggesting the likes of Kane will lose their place some positions are up for grabs and those not in the team now really need to take advantage.

Doesn't really say a lot. But he seems down. Poor lad.

Just get yourself ready for next year Winksy boy.

When I started a job in Asia, I stayed in a 5 star Hotel for 8 weeks, I was board shitless after 3 weeks. Despite the luxury it was the same room, same staff, same lift, same menu (morning, noon and night), same laps in the pool, same gym etc..... It was just such a fake environment but above all I was on my tod, bored beyond belief.

I can imagine he will feel the same, maybe even worse as his rehab would be repetitive exercises.

When I started a job in Asia, I stayed in a 5 star Hotel for 8 weeks, I was board shitless after 3 weeks. Despite the luxury it was the same room, same staff, same lift, same menu (morning, noon and night), same laps in the pool, same gym etc..... It was just such a fake environment but above all I was on my tod, bored beyond belief.

I can imagine he will feel the same, maybe even worse as his rehab would be repetitive exercises.
I’m pretty sure I’ve read separate accounts by both Lamela and Rose about how isolating it is to be out injured for a length of time. Love Winks, such a shame it happened when he was making such a name for himself. Hope he recovers soon.

I’m pretty sure I’ve read separate accounts by both Lamela and Rose about how isolating it is to be out injured for a length of time. Love Winks, such a shame it happened when he was making such a name for himself. Hope he recovers soon.
I know that Hotspur Way gym is designed to lookout specifically out onto the training pitches, this was seen as a real help for players in rehab, if my memory serves me correctly i think it was Dawson that made that reference. But there is still that detachment from the rest of the squad until your are ready to go outside and train with the rest of the team.

Just think it must be far worse in Qatar, on your tod, living, sleeping, eating, training in the same place for days o end.

Back
Top Bottom