Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He's absolutely gone to shit, no other way of saying it. Hopefully he'll turn it around but difficult to justify playing him in CL or PL games at the moment. Difficult to see him making the WC squad as well as things stand.

He's absolutely gone to shit, no other way of saying it. Hopefully he'll turn it around but difficult to justify playing him in CL or PL games at the moment. Difficult to see him making the WC squad as well as things stand.

Going to the World Cup should be the least of his concerns - what is he, 21? He's got plenty of time to go to a World Cup.

He's obviously been effected by two nasty injuries and needs to be slowly reintroduced.

Hope he sorts it out
Watching him play at the moment is almost sad

Everything about his game is off right now

Hope poch can calm his mind and get him firing on all cylinders again

He’s young and lacking confidence off an injury. 4 months ago he was holding his own against Madrid. Give him some time, he will be needed in the run in with all the fixtures piling up.

What a strange season for Winks.

Looked set on course for a World Cup place and perhaps even starting games but now he can barely get on the bench for us and is almost certainly not going to start another League game this season.

To achieve so much at his age in half a season, and then suffer bad injuries - it must have messed his head up. A player of his quality will get back in form - Poch might have to think out of the box to help get him there.

Winks will be fine.....he's young, and is a certain type of player that doesn't come around too often. I think that young Davies at Everton is another rare case.

Winks injuries have definitely affected his form, but he'll be back.

Trouble for players out of form or coming back from injury is there is no reserve football, so how do you get match fit and sharp,

Mason had a similar introduction, was immense at first, got an injury and struggled to come back. Could it be in the time they are off they actually step back and analyse where they are and it dawns on them thus effecting their game? If you get pushed from the academy to the first team your head must be spinning, without time to reflect? I'm sure we have this in place but perhaps younger players need a therapist on hand to help them adjust or cope with an injury. No shame in it tbh

Just had the Australian version of FourFourTwo arrive at my door and its got Winks on the cover with Mbappe and Kluivert with the title 'Next Gen'. Nice to see one of our own being put down as a future star.

I disagree - I think given the probable lack of playing time with us, going to the WC and playing could be what the doctor ordered

Missing the point that he wont be selected for England if hes getting no playing time for us.... This is not a Rooney-type situation.

Missing the point that he wont be selected for England if hes getting no playing time for us.... This is not a Rooney-type situation.

Agree with your point that he won’t get picked if not playing but I was responding to a post that was saying “hopefully he’ll get the summer off”

Back
Top Bottom