Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Next season will be a big one for him. Important that he finds his confidence.

It happens though. Look at Pogba. Undoubted quality but at the moment looks unwanted and unsure. Long may it continue but you see my point.

Hopefully next season for Winks but no guarantees.

Best thing we can do is reset our expectations and just get behind the lad.... None of the booing sideways passes bullshit that crept into being during one of his last appearances.

Agree with your point that he won’t get picked if not playing but I was responding to a post that was saying “hopefully he’ll get the summer off”

Pointless ignoring his reality tho, no?

He wont be going to the WC thus "the summer off" comment i'd figure.

He's done more than Justin Kluivert.

Whoever disagreed with the post, I don't understand you one bit.

Kluivert tally is playing 2500 minutes of Eredivise football. The league is currently 14th (!!!) in UEFA rating
Winks has played for us 1250 minutes of EPL football (2nd in UEFA League rating) + 620 minutes of CL football (Worlds best club football competition).

Okay, I understand that Kluivert is 4 years younger than Winks.
And he very well might have bigger upside in the future. But I do not agree that he has done more than Winks by now.

Agree with your point that he won’t get picked if not playing but I was responding to a post that was saying “hopefully he’ll get the summer off”
Being around a World Cup squad has to be a good experience imo. He’s not exactly high profile so if he goes you have to assume he’s fit as there are plenty of options.

Best thing we can do is reset our expectations and just get behind the lad.... None of the booing sideways passes bullshit that crept into being during one of his last appearances.

He has not been the same since being roundly booed at Wembley which I think is more of the problem than his ankle injury.

Whoever disagreed with the post, I don't understand you one bit.

Kluivert tally is playing 2500 minutes of Eredivise football. The league is currently 14th (!!!) in UEFA rating
Winks has played for us 1250 minutes of EPL football (2nd in UEFA League rating) + 620 minutes of CL football (Worlds best club football competition).

Okay, I understand that Kluivert is 4 years younger than Winks.
And he very well might have bigger upside in the future. But I do not agree that he has done more than Winks by now.
But Kluivert does have a famous Dad, perhaps thats Harry's problem? :pocheyes:

Some players have trouble coming back from injuries.
For some reason some tend not to be competitive match fit and are a bit rusty. Also some strangely are a bit tentative about repeating the injury (and their overall game suffers) or their injury resurfaces.
Another weird fact is that everyone is different and some people heal quicker and better than others.

Do feel for him with how this season has gone. Hoping with the way Poch obviously likes him and has trusted him in the past in some difficult games that he will put his arm around him, reassure him and get him to focus on next season and getting fully fit.

Back
Top Bottom