Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

ENORMOUS news

Edit: just to expand on that. Surely with two weeks of full training under his belt, he'll be sharp enough to start if called upon.

Nailed-on starter I'd say. Wanyama's immobility and Dier's tendency to make a mistake are both terrible prospects against this Liverpool side.

I reckon there are 8 spots set in stone now.

Lloris
? Alderweireld Vertonghen Rose
Winks Sissoko
? Eriksen Dele
?

Kane leads the line if fit, if Kane is fit it's a choice between Lucas and Son, if not it's probably both, and god knows what we do at right back.

(We might be fooling ourselves and Trippier is set in stone too)

Nailed-on starter I'd say. Wanyama's immobility and Dier's tendency to make a mistake are both terrible prospects against this Liverpool side.

Lloris
Winks Sissoko
? Eriksen Dele
?

Kane leads the line if fit, if Kane is fit it's a choice between Lucas and Son, if not it's probably both, and god knows what we do at right back.

Trippier, Kane, Son

Lloris
Winks Sissoko
? Eriksen Dele
?

I think Trippier is set in stone, to be perfectly honest.

I also think, and this may sound harsh after the semi-final second leg, but I think if Kane starts then it should probably be Lucas who is benched for a three of Son-Eriksen-Dele behind him.

Lucas and Kane don't have quite that chemistry with one-another yet (unlike Kane and Dele). Funnily enough, I think Lucas currently plays better off Llorente than he does off Kane.

I think Trippier is set in stone, to be perfectly honest.

I also think, and this may sound harsh after the semi-final second leg, but I think if Kane starts then it should probably be Lucas who is benched for a three of Son-Eriksen-Dele behind him.

Lucas and Kane don't have quite that chemistry with one-another yet (unlike Kane and Dele). Funnily enough, I think Lucas currently plays better off Llorente than he does off Kane.

Not so sure about Trippier, if Aurier is fit 100% then his power and pace may win the day if Poch is concerned about Mane’s pace.

Not so sure about Trippier, if Aurier is fit 100% then his power and pace may win the day if Poch is concerned about Mane’s pace.
I can see what you mean, though I reckon this could be one of those games where Poch may just have more faith in Trippier because of having played so much more than Aurier recently.

Of course, I remember Aurier being started on the left hand side to counter the threat of Salah (which worked pretty well until he scored their consolation goal in that 4-1 win last season).

Trippier would be better guarded in a back 5, but the jury's out on whether we see that in action. I fear a back 5 would just see us pinned back helplessly for the first half hour.

Back
Top Bottom