Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not so sure about Trippier, if Aurier is fit 100% then his power and pace may win the day if Poch is concerned about Mane’s pace.
Trippier and Aurier really is the classic choosing between a rock and a hard place.

Both 100% have the ability to lose us the game in the blink of an eye and neither of them really add anything of any real substance to the team.
I think when it comes down to it Poch will stick with Trippier. I think he's more composed, intelligent and focused than Aurier, he most certainly has more of Poch's trust than Aurier, and above all there's no way Serge could be anywhere near match fitness in comparison. I would be surprised if he even made the bench tbh.

I think Trippier is set in stone, to be perfectly honest.

I also think, and this may sound harsh after the semi-final second leg, but I think if Kane starts then it should probably be Lucas who is benched for a three of Son-Eriksen-Dele behind him.

Lucas and Kane don't have quite that chemistry with one-another yet (unlike Kane and Dele). Funnily enough, I think Lucas currently plays better off Llorente than he does off Kane.

The classic Redknapp combo of big man/little man :crouch::defoe::harrysmile:

Trippier and Aurier really is the classic choosing between a rock and a hard place.

Both 100% have the ability to lose us the game in the blink of an eye and neither of them really add anything of any real substance to the team.
I think when it comes down to it Poch will stick with Trippier. I think he's more composed, intelligent and focused than Aurier, he most certainly has more of Poch's trust than Aurier, and above all there's no way Serge could be anywhere near match fitness in comparison. I would be surprised if he even made the bench tbh.

I agree. To say I'm not a fan of Trippier is an understatement. Would be really surprised if he doesn't play though

No question Aurier will start imo. I think Poch sees him as so important for the Liverpool game that he didn't even want to risk him Vs Everton.

Can't see it myself.

He risked half our probable CL starting team versus Everton (a game that had nothing on it), so why not Aurier?

I reckon Trippier will start.

I reckon (hope!) both Winks and Kane start. If they do the team almost picks itself.

Lloris, Trippier, Vertonghen, Alderweireld, Rose, Winks, Sissoko, Eriksen, Son, Kane, Dele.
I don't make you wrong but after his heroics what would Moura think he had to do to get a regular start?

Can't see it myself.

He risked half our probable CL starting team versus Everton (a game that had nothing on it), so why not Aurier?

I reckon Trippier will start.
No way Aurier starts.

I mean it’s questionable whether Winks plays as he lacks games under his belt. Aurier hasn’t played for months!

He's picked Aurier everytime in Europe when available. I think he's had him pencilled in this game for a while and had his recovery based around it. He's been back in full training for a couple of weeks and probably in better physical shape than Trippier, who's been over played perhaps and looks a mess physically and mentally. We'll see, but I'm pretty certain he'll play and we'll be better for it. Trippier is pretty much guaranteed to cost a goal at some point, but Sissoko and Aurier can shut down Liverpool's left hand side.

Winks is much harder to call. I think Eriksen's good enough to his job so he'll miss out I think.

He's picked Aurier everytime in Europe when available. I think he's had him pencilled in this game for a while and had his recovery based around it. He's been back in full training for a couple of weeks and probably in better physical shape than Trippier, who's been over played perhaps and looks a mess physically and mentally. We'll see, but I'm pretty certain he'll play and we'll be better for it. Trippier is pretty much guaranteed to cost a goal at some point, but Sissoko and Aurier can shut down Liverpool's left hand side.

Winks is much harder to call. I think Eriksen's good enough to his job so he'll miss out I think.

Airier has made a handful of PL appearances this season and similar number of CL appearances and adding in domestic cups total appearances (including off the bench) are under 20 appearances.

Will be on the bench for the final as we have 12 on the bench but that's it. Trippier has been played a lot by Poch and now has had 3 weeks rest - if Airier was to start in final he would have started v Everton but was on the bench whilst KWP got another start.

Airier has made a handful of PL appearances this season and similar number of CL appearances and adding in domestic cups total appearances (including off the bench) are under 20 appearances.

Will be on the bench for the final as we have 12 on the bench but that's it. Trippier has been played a lot by Poch and now has had 3 weeks rest - if Airier was to start in final he would have started v Everton but was on the bench whilst KWP got another start.

You wouldn't want to risk any player coming back from a muscle injury on that disgrace of a pitch a the new stadium. Even the guy who ran on the pitch nearly slipped and did himself an injury on it. Mark my words, Aurier will start.

You wouldn't want to risk any player coming back from a muscle injury on that disgrace of a pitch a the new stadium. Even the guy who ran on the pitch nearly slipped and did himself an injury on it. Mark my words, Aurier will start.

So how many minutes has Airier played this season.

How many minutes has Trippier played this season ?

Or if it's easier his many appearances this season for both ?

(Hint Airier is so far behind Trippier it's chalk and cheese - and nothing to do with injuries)

So how many minutes has Airier played this season.

How many minutes has Trippier played this season ?

Or if it's easier his many appearances this season for both ?

(Hint Airier is so far behind Trippier it's chalk and cheese - and nothing to do with injuries)

It was 5-3 in favour of Aurier in CL games before his hamstring injury. Picked ahead of him in both Dortmund games and was excellent in both games. Trippier plays away in Dortmund, things might have got tricky. We can't keep conceding early goals. There's too much history with Trippier and Liverpool. Aurier is a much, much better defender. He actually understands what his job, I'm not not entirely sure Trippier does. Philosophers will one day study how the hell we reached a CL final with Trippier as a right back. One of the great mysteries of the universe. Playing him in the final would be pushing our luck too far.

Best game we've played against Liverpool in the last two/three years was start of last season when Poch played Aurier as an inverted LB to counter Salah as an inverted WRF. Salah still scored but it was quite a clever tactical move.

Just saying...

No way, I just don’t see it man. I’d like to but he’s far too rusty

I assume you're talking about the pitch at NWHL? Is that just because it hasn't had much time to grow roots? Or do you think it's an issue with the setup? (e.g. hot-swapping surfaces etc.)

The Everton game was played at 1/2 pace and there was nothing on it. At times it resembled a game of beach football.

If Aurier needed game time then it was an ideal time.

Trippier to start in my view.

Back
Top Bottom