Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Look at that comment... Winksy dropping a massive hint here.

giphy.gif

Not trying to rain on any parades here as I would love to have the option of a full-fit Winks back in contention for the final.

That said, he hasn't seen game time in quite a while. To come back from being out that long and then thrust into the final is a pretty major task. I'm not sure that I really would want anyone else in place of him, but it just gives me a little pause.

He'll be on the bench.

Whether he'll be fit enough to come on and make a difference, who knows. Would be great to see him out there though in the second half if we're needing someone to help control a lead.

Not trying to rain on any parades here as I would love to have the option of a full-fit Winks back in contention for the final.

That said, he hasn't seen game time in quite a while. To come back from being out that long and then thrust into the final is a pretty major task. I'm not sure that I really would want anyone else in place of him, but it just gives me a little pause.
If he can play he must start. Super game in the 1-0 win over City. He strikes me as a guy who will train very very hard.

If he can play he must start. Super game in the 1-0 win over City. He strikes me as a guy who will train very very hard.
I have no doubt about his commitment, but we have seen it time and time again how players coming from extended time off due to injury struggle in their first few games.

Ultimately, it will come down to if we would want a ~75% Winks versus a 100% Dier or Wanyama.

I'd still take the former but would be scared that he wouldn't be at full-speed and we'll need everyone to be at full attention and fitness to give us the best chance.

I remember Gazza in 91, out for around 6 weeks after groin surgery, coming back straight into the NLD FA cup semi and we all know the rest.

Destroyed them for 70 mins iirc and then got subbed

I'm not saying Winks is gonna smash a free kick into the top corner past Alison but he is perfectly capable of being ready to start this game and play a good chunk of it imo

I'm now off to get me new suit measured

Yes:gazza:

Back
Top Bottom