Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Incredibly limited - on the contrary. He is quite a complete player tbh.
Can score with both feet, great header of the ball, good vision, good understanding of the game, good pace.

However, I don't mind other teams thinking he isn't that good! :kaneshh:

100%, it's because Kane is a bit gormless and has a derpy voice. Add to that the obsession over attacking players being pacey, and people generally don't take him seriously.

I think we're all guilty of it a bit, though. He was definitely the butt of affectionate jokes around here and elsewhere. In fact, getting my GF interested in Spurs was massively helped by endearing her to Harry Kane, as he was kind of adorable.

But as you said, he had a great run of goals at the end of last season once 'Ade's revenge' had dried up. He was put back in the striker-order by Poch simply to give due diligence to Soldado and Adebayor.

On a side note, it's kinda fun to watch Liverpool fans negative opinions (slightly different from Gooners'):

'Incredibly limited' isn't the word I'd use to describe a player scoring from inside and outside the box, with his head and feet.
Scroll through the comments of that, and you'll see him compared to Andy Carroll. You know, that guy they all seemed perfectly happy to drop £35m on at the time.

Quite frankly, Kane's rise is unprecedented. Even more so when you consider that he's only been starting/scoring in the PL since November.

Wow what a tweet, the hight of delusion, I suppose Aguero and Sanchez are also limited players, I mean Sanchez ain't even 6ft tall and I bet he won't like a cold night in Stoke.

So funny how certain fans cannot see beyond strength and speed, sheringham was slow as fuck but only a moron would call him a bad player.

Incredibly limited - on the contrary. He is quite a complete player tbh.
Can score with both feet, great header of the ball, good vision, good understanding of the game, good pace.

However, I don't mind other teams thinking he isn't that good! :kaneshh:
Exactly, and it's not the the finishing capabilities that has me so excited about him. Anyone can go on a scoring streak, although his is quite extraordinary, but it's the combination of his multiple ways of finishing, ball control, physical presence, passing, and vision that is what shows that he is more than just a flash in the pan. Things can always change of course, but the people who only look at him and say that he's already peaking just aren't watching him close enough to see all of the other parts of his game and viewing him as more than just a striker on a hot streak.

Exactly, and it's not the the finishing capabilities that has me so excited about him. Anyone can go on a scoring streak, although his is quite extraordinary, but it's the combination of his multiple ways of finishing, ball control, physical presence, passing, and vision that is what shows that he is more than just a flash in the pan. Things can always change of course, but the people who only look at him and say that he's already peaking just aren't watching him close enough to see all of the other parts of his game and viewing him as more than just a striker on a hot streak.

Yep for me the definition of a striker who is a good finisher who went on a hot streak is Charlie Austin, very limited player but a great fox in the box. When Austin ain't scoring he ain't doing jack, Kane is the opposite, when he ain't scoring he's linking play, winning headers, making tackles, setting up others.

Last edited:
Absolutely. Just look at his hold up play and passes when he receiving up front and isolated.
A bit of a throwback.. But you guys remember the quick Leicester right back ?- rice Campbell or something. Gave Davies a lot of trouble in 1st fa cup game. 2nd match Harry got a break away late in 2nd half from the halfway line. Fucker chased him all the way into the box but COULD NOT keep up. Play ended in drag down in the box but the ref wouldn't buy it. anyway he is QUICK when he needs to be

One of the things to admire about Kane is that he makes the right decision 9 times out more for 10 which for a player of his age is special.

He rarely loses the ball too. Uses his body well.

Absolutely. Just look at his hold up play and passes when he receiving up front and isolated.
A bit of a throwback.. But you guys remember the quick Leicester right back ?- rice Campbell or something. Gave Davies a lot of trouble in 1st fa cup game. 2nd match Harry got a break away late in 2nd half from the halfway line. Fucker chased him all the way into the box but COULD NOT keep up. Play ended in drag down in the box but the ref wouldn't buy it. anyway he is QUICK when he needs to be
Think I remember that. Whether it's down to Poch's good work (Jay Rodriguez got quicker under him through training, I believe), or simply something I hadn't noticed before, I agree that Kane's full speed is nothing to be sniffed at!

I reckon he's similar to Dier, in that his acceleration isn't amazing, but they're quick when they get going.
In Harry's case, his excellent positioning makes up for any lack of acceleration.

Best thing I could say about Kane this season is that he's a joy to watch, but keeps pulling something new out of the bag on a fortnightly basis. That header against Woolwich was stunning.

100%, it's because Kane is a bit gormless and has a derpy voice. Add to that the obsession over attacking players being pacey, and people generally don't take him seriously.

He also didn't exactly set the world on fire in any of his loans. An awkward-looking white English striker who's already 20, doesn't have any one obvious elite skill and hasn't done anything of note isn't going to get anyone's pulse racing. There was nothing about him that made you think "that's the guy" until he started just laying waste to the Premier League. It has been an unlikely rise, which makes it all the more fun.

One of the highest rated comments on that video:

Harry Kane lad? Harry Kane how plastic can you get?, I'm not a United fan but United has way better forwards. Kane isn't even as talented as Rooney's pinky, even Wilson is better than Kane. Don't let his little run of form fool you most of his last few goals were pure luck no skill at all the header vs. Woolwich was actually a good goal but Woolwich couldn't have defended any worst. Don't jump on a sinking ship lad.

It reminds me that no matter how gobby and delusional some of you lot get, I should be grateful. You could be far worse.

Oh, by the way. Wilson has 1 goal all season. :kaneshh:

that comment about his last few goals being pure luck is beyond delusional. his first goal in the west brom game was special. one touch BANG. it was in the back of the net before anyone in the whole ground had even knew wat happened.

According to TransferMarkt, his value has multiplied 5x in the past couple of months to about 15m Euros.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/harry-kane/marktwertverlauf/spieler/132098

JwYTuWu.png

Still nowhere near his value.

LameVictoriousBufflehead.gif

Back
Top Bottom