Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No I didn't. Pairsy1882 Pairsy1882

giphy.gif

Makes your post even stranger then.

goal and an assist at Anfield

is there anything that this lad can't do?

:kaneear:
world class talent right thru the Tottenham academy :freundgoal:

this season is fucking legendary for his rise alone

can you imagine him and the monkey faced traitor upfront together under Poch :paulinhowtf:

Most goals in the big leagues so far this year, amazing young talent. Scored a brace at the bridge, scored a brace against the goons, goal and an assist at Anfield and how many times has he bailed us out late in games? This kid lives for the moment. BIG GAME PLAYER!

Not quite. Our first 11 is quite good, but our squad as a whole is shit.

Who'd we bring on last night? Paulinho, an unfit Chadli and Soldado. Whoopee...

Should be a great summer for us though, I'm excited to see what happens.

In preseason everyone seemed to except that this was going to be a transition season. At the moment it looks like we're already ahead of our expectations with top 4 and a cup as a possibility. I've already put this season down as a success barring a complete an utter collapse. What would be nice is to have a summer where we don't go backwards by selling our top players

I can remember before the Villa game he scored there was still a large contingent that was of the opinion he should only play the cups and keep chucking Soldado out there "because his hold up play is immense" remarkable how irreplacable he is now!

Anyone know who Messi has scored against? I see 3 against Deportivo. Just thinking... The opponent matters. Harry scored 2 on chavers, 2 on the arses and 1 on the puddlies. Half of his 8 this year against the teams above us.

I can remember before the Villa game he scored there was still a large contingent that was of the opinion he should only play the cups and keep chucking Soldado out there "because his hold up play is immense" remarkable how irreplacable he is now!

I think sometimes people don't believe there own eyes, I remember Kane at the back end of last season and thinking fuck he's good he should be our main striker, this is when a lot of Spurs fans thought he was still shit, but even after being impressed by his performances I came to the conclusion that he will be great back up and lets give him time to devleop rather than make him number one.

In hindsight I went along with the crowd rather than trusted my gut that he could be something good for us, it wasn't till his performances in the cups this year that I became really pissed off when Kane was left on the bench. I guess there is always the feeling that if someone costs alot, has lots of experience like Bobby then he has more rights than a far more talented hungry young player. I just hope the experience with Kane, Mason, Bentaleb, Dier and so on means that we look for talent and desire as the most important qualities rather than transfer price and experience (not to say experience doesn't have it's place).

Although I still am confused why some people really disliked or dismissed Kane at the back end of last season when he was in my eyes doing great.

Although I still am confused why some people really disliked or dismissed Kane at the back end of last season when he was in my eyes doing great.
100%, it's because Kane is a bit gormless and has a derpy voice. Add to that the obsession over attacking players being pacey, and people generally don't take him seriously.

I think we're all guilty of it a bit, though. He was definitely the butt of affectionate jokes around here and elsewhere. In fact, getting my GF interested in Spurs was massively helped by endearing her to Harry Kane, as he was kind of adorable.

But as you said, he had a great run of goals at the end of last season once 'Ade's revenge' had dried up. He was put back in the striker-order by Poch simply to give due diligence to Soldado and Adebayor.

On a side note, it's kinda fun to watch Liverpool fans negative opinions (slightly different from Gooners'):

'Incredibly limited' isn't the word I'd use to describe a player scoring from inside and outside the box, with his head and feet.
Scroll through the comments of that, and you'll see him compared to Andy Carroll. You know, that guy they all seemed perfectly happy to drop £35m on at the time.

Quite frankly, Kane's rise is unprecedented. Even more so when you consider that he's only been starting/scoring in the PL since November.

Back
Top Bottom