Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

well hes had chances to win things at spurs and he didnt do enough to get us over the line.
lol, he was 21 in his first final, injured in the second one and was playing for a guy who had never managed before in the last final he was in.

Are you expecting a 13/14 Suarez-esque carry job from him?

Once again, we don't know which trophies mean something to him. If the Bundesliga meant fuck all he wouldn't even be considering a move there.

In that clip posted earlier, Carragher said that winning the Bundesliga means nothing because they win it anyway. In that case, what does winning the Prem with City mean for Kane if they'd win it anyway?
because hes english and hes been brought up on premier league football. bundesliga will mean fuck all to him, why would it? la liga i can get because of the el classico. la liga has prestige. serie A used to in the 90s and early 00s but has fallen right off now.

because hes english and hes been brought up on premier league football. bundesliga will mean fuck all to him, why would it? la liga i can get because of the el classico. la liga has prestige. serie A used to in the 90s and early 00s but has fallen right off now.
Yet he hasn't rejected Bayern, he could say no and just wait to run his contract down.

Once again, people are pretending to know what Kane is thinking. Maybe he just wants to play for a manager like Tuchel and be the star player and top scorer in a team that will win trophies and compete for the Champions League?

We don't know.

The summit is the Champions League. Bayern have a bigger chance of winning the CL than Tottenham, especially this season. We're talking about whether a man would like to chase some record for consistency in his own country or chase the crown of being champion of Europe (and eventually the world if one also wins the Club World Cup), even though the former is more likely than the latter.

I’ve found the Bayern fan. Registered today.

Your league is shite and we ain’t Dortmund. Bayern don’t get to roll up to the premier league and demand anything they want like in the bundesliga.

Yet he hasn't rejected Bayern, he could say no and just wait to run his contract down.

Once again, people are pretending to know what Kane is thinking. Maybe he just wants to play for a manager like Tuchel and be the star player and top scorer in a team that will win trophies and compete for the Champions League?

We don't know.
youre not english are you? no english player is going to care for the bundesliga, especially when youre at the door of an all time record of the premier league. maybe if youre playing for stoke and going no where bundesliga titles will be appealing.

Honestly.. Spurs fans are delusional. Reading on here about how Kane might stay because he is enjoying ‘Angeball’ and his training sessions, and how we need to show intent and let him know that this year is finally the year and how he might even sign a new contract next summer. LOL, Ange may well be gone from Spurs by Christmas before Kane goes thats how quickly we go through managers so you can forget about that. Ange is just another number to Kane at this point. If you wanted to show intent you should have done that 3 seasons ago.

However how many times are you going to flog a dead horse? How many times are you going to try to sell this fantasy to Kane. Its like 4 seasons running now. Getting embarrassing.

The only reason Kane isnt making a meal out of this is because he knows in 12 months time he goes to any PL club of his choice anyway, and in the meantime continue to do what hes always done, rack up goals. just in time where he will be 31 next season, twilight of his career at a new club, break the all time goalscoring record and win a trophy along the way.

I mean the guy would literally rather go to the german league and end his PL goalscorer record rather than stay at Spurs. Thats how much he’s checked out in terms of any future with us. Staying for a final 12 months is just Kane being an utmost professional. And I doubt Bayern or the German league is even Kanes first choice. But thats all Levy will let him go to. I wouldnt even be surprised if hes already made a gentlemans agreement with whichever PL club he has chosen should the Bayern deal fall through. Dont get it twisted the only reason no club has gone for him is because they know hes free next season, Levy wont do business with them and even if he did would want ridiculous money when they can just wait 12 months and get him for nothing.

Be smart people. Take the 100M and send him off to Germany and start a new era without Kane, and hope that the next time we ever stumble across a generational player, we actually match their ambition.

Oh shut the fuck up.

This is getting ridiculous. He was 22 years old and still scored 25 goals that season. Are we really blaming him for that season?

The guy gave us his prime years and some fans are still ungrateful.
what are you on about you little nugget. whos blaming him? its a fact he has had chances to win things. youre saying its embarrassing for him and he should go get some cheap german domestics. weirdo!

Indeed he does, but what about world legend status? In 30 years time, will a Spanish football fan know who Kane was? I think there's considerably more recognition playing for the big European teams.

He's certainly not currently being considered world class enough to finish, say, in the top 3 of the Ballon d'Or. At a top European club, on the back of a CL victory, he'd have a great chance.

Of course Kane takes such things in consideration. It's not just 'a medal'. It's more than that.

You think Kane is worried about what kids in Spain will think about him in 30 years? He certainly will be a house hold name to more total people if he plays in another country. But his league accomplishments will also basically be an afterthought because it’s just expected. Unless he scores like 60 goals. Especially by those in England…aka where he’s from and probably will live the rest of his life. His day to day league accomplishments will be mostly irrelevant to his peers.

That said, I don’t think Kane cares about any of this crap. I think he just wants to compete and play at the highest level. I think he wants to win things but not necessarily to just chase trophies to say he’s won stuff. I think he’s just competitive and wants to be somewhere the ability and ambition matches his own. I think there’s a decent chance if we have a good year that he re-signs. That said, it’s quite the risk. I’m an Ange believer but EPL is just so tough. I mean there’s a big 6 who all expect to be too 4. Not counting Newcastle. Not to mention the Brighton, Aston Villa who seem to be up on the up. So that’s 9 teams who could probably challenge for 4. And anything outside of that for us is a bit of a failure. We need a bit of a rebuild and this is probably the perfect time and situation to part ways so if it was up to me I’d take the money but won’t be sad to see him to continue and play in our shirt.

Honestly.. Spurs fans are delusional. Reading on here about how Kane might stay because he is enjoying ‘Angeball’ and his training sessions, and how we need to show intent and let him know that this year is finally the year and how he might even sign a new contract next summer. LOL, Ange may well be gone from Spurs by Christmas before Kane goes thats how quickly we go through managers so you can forget about that. Ange is just another number to Kane at this point. If you wanted to show intent you should have done that 3 seasons ago.

However how many times are you going to flog a dead horse? How many times are you going to try to sell this fantasy to Kane. Its like 4 seasons running now. Getting embarrassing.

The only reason Kane isnt making a meal out of this is because he knows in 12 months time he goes to any PL club of his choice anyway, and in the meantime continue to do what hes always done, rack up goals. just in time where he will be 31 next season, twilight of his career at a new club, break the all time goalscoring record and win a trophy along the way.

I mean the guy would literally rather go to the german league and end his PL goalscorer record rather than stay at Spurs. Thats how much he’s checked out in terms of any future with us. Staying for a final 12 months is just Kane being an utmost professional. And I doubt Bayern or the German league is even Kanes first choice. But thats all Levy will let him go to. I wouldnt even be surprised if hes already made a gentlemans agreement with whichever PL club he has chosen should the Bayern deal fall through. Dont get it twisted the only reason no club has gone for him is because they know hes free next season, Levy wont do business with them and even if he did would want ridiculous money when they can just wait 12 months and get him for nothing.

Be smart people. Take the 100M and send him off to Germany and start a new era without Kane, and hope that the next time we ever stumble across a generational player, we actually match their ambition.
The only embarrasing going on here is you, to yourself.

Most of the bookies now leaning towards him staying

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/specials/football-specials

This will have a massive impact on the positivity at the club this season. Spurs with Harry Kane is a much more exiting prospect than Spurs without Harry Kane
If we keep playing like we did yesterday, Spurs will be exciting regardless.

The fact that we're looking at Eze means that Kane staying is far from a sure thing, it'll go down to the wire.

Back
Top Bottom