Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I need to see a season of Kane playing under Ange. Hopefully win an Fa cup as a send off.

After that he can go to Madrid on a free.

It’s not even about not strengthening the competition anymore. Those dickheads on sky are so annoying, anyone talking about Shearers record are feeding into their narrative.

well hes had chances to win things at spurs and he didnt do enough to get us over the line.
Or you could argue in many cases, he helped drag is to the line when we had no right to be there in the first place. At that point, he needed help and all he got was a poorly assembled team.
If we keep playing like we did yesterday, Spurs will be exciting regardless.
I don't find 4-2 defeats exciting

I don’t understand this argument, wouldn’t this apply to every big club then?

Everyone loses their patience eventually. Batistuta stayed loyal to Fiorentina for years and even he had enough and went to Roma to win the Scudetto.
If he goes to Bayern, he would lose his chance to be the all time greatest in England. He had his chance last year at City, he wouldn't be guaranteed a trophy at any other English club.

Or you could argue in many cases, he helped drag is to the line when we had no right to be there in the first place. At that point, he needed help and all he got was a poorly assembled team.
we had the best back 4 in world football with walker, toby, jan and rose. so hes hardly dragging them to the line, they have propped the ones in front of them up if anything.

Kanes thread on here over 10 years + is about 3400 pages.

Around 10% of those posts come in the last 3 months since the season ended. And that percentage grows by the day.

However you look at it his proposed move and contract time remaining is a talking point.
And Spurs fans are doing as much of the talking as anyone else.

Very true. For my money it's down to all Spurs fans being excited about the new season. Quietly and in some cases loudly. Which, yes, you'd always are, but more so than normally and certainly more so than usually after finishing 8th and having no Europe.

Kane gives us some to deflect the excitement towards, while we wait. But more importantly, having a committed Kane or alternatively upwards of 100m extra towards other committed players, would increase the chance of the season being memorable even more.

At this point I just want the drama over. Sell him and be done with it, or have the mooted from Kane himself enforced deadline of Sunday's match being true. He would go miles up in my esteem, if he comes out on Friday and says, alright I'm staying for the season and I'm not answering a single question about my future until May. Ask and the interview is over.

They you proably saw us choking the life out of Barcelona for 60 minutes, until our players were gassed, at which point Barcelona's substitions carried the day, and exploited the weaknesses of two of our defenders who won't see the pitch. If that doesn't excite you then you lack imagination.

You keep mentioning Choupo-Moting in some sort of ridicule way. He is meant to be Bayern's backup striker. In 200 years time, only Roma fans will know who Totti was, but fans of every football club would know the name of Lewandowski.

As for Choupo-Moting's ridiculing and mentioning of the decade, this decade Kane played 720 minutes in the Champions League and Choupo-Moting played 893. Kane scored 1 goal (a goal every 720 mins played) and Choupo-Moting scored 10 (a goal every 89 mins played). That's 8x the scoring rate. That's the step up playing for Europe's top teams gives you, where even someone like Choupo-Moting can score these crazy numbers. Imagine what Kane would do.

From my aspect, it looks sportingly unambitious if Kane chases some record rather than do his best to try to win at the biggest stage in club football, the Champions League. All while helping Spurs cash in 100m.
Hmmmmm.......joins today, disses Kane......🤔

It remains to be seen if it is better for the club in 2-5 seasons but it will definitely help for this upcoming season.
There's no way it's better for the club in the coming seasons. He'll be playing for United or Chelsea and we'll have gotten fuck all for it.

It's as blatant as possible that he wants out and has for several years, there is no chance he's signing a new contract. Just setting £100M on fire not selling him now.

If he goes to Bayern, he would lose his chance to be the all time greatest in England. He had his chance last year at City, he wouldn't be guaranteed a trophy at any other English club.
If he’s available for free, city will be interested.

I’m sure he would like to be an all time great in England, but he’s reached the point where he’ll have to make a trade off.

we had the best back 4 in world football with walker, toby, jan and rose. so hes hardly dragging them to the line, they have propped the ones in front of them up if anything.
They didn't score the goals that had us at the top end of the league or getting through to later stages of the cups though.
And by the time we got to the CL final, Walker was gone and Rose was finished, Jan and Toby were close to the end, Dembele was gone, Eriksen was putting in declining performances, Dele was sporadic. We started that game with Winks and Sissoko ffs.
But let's keep blaming Kane

The summit is the Champions League. Bayern have a bigger chance of winning the CL than Tottenham, especially this season. We're talking about whether a man would like to chase some record for consistency in his own country or chase the crown of being champion of Europe (and eventually the world if one also wins the Club World Cup), even though the former is more likely than the latter.
If someone knocked on your door and handed you the CL cup and said 'it's your for a year, because you've worked hard as a good supporter'. Would you feel like you had won the Champions League?

It's not a great analogy, but can you imagine how it would feel to win a cup with a club that had a far better chance of winning the cup? When you know that it is still *possible* you could have won it with your old club? The club you've grown up with, helped to mature and have invested blood sweat and tears into? Just like Totti did. Do you think it matters to Totti that Jeff from Trowbridge doesn't know his name in the year 2223? Totti and his family will be revered for decades, they will get warm smiles and chairs pulled back, back slaps and free drinks, awe, interest and kindness.

But, I think it's not possible for some people to see the difference. "A cup is a cup." I can't argue with that kind of thinking, because there's no headroom for deeper thought. Maybe it's sociopathy, maybe it's pragmatism, maybe it's 'real life'. One thing I know for sure: it's not hopeful, it's not magical and it's not why I fell in love with this game or Harry.

not really a step down, and certainly not a massive one, he'd be joining a bigger club, richer, more supported, and more chance of winning the CL

I see what you’re saying but he is joining a club in an inferior league

They have just BM and Dortmund so the PL is far more competitive surely?

They didn't score the goals that had us at the top end of the league or getting through to later stages of the cups though.
And by the time we got to the CL final, Walker was gone and Rose was finished, Jan and Toby were close to the end, Dembele was gone, Eriksen was putting in declining performances, Dele was sporadic. We started that game with Winks and Sissoko ffs.
But let's keep blaming Kane
we got to the CL final WITHOUT kane!

so cos the defence dont score goals they arent important? if anything we had the best back 4 and they was the ones let down! best back 4s usually win things!

If he goes, the only thing he really can accomplish is too loose the title. Bayern have 11 in a row. Going in to the season the 12th is for them to loose, not to win.

What will a given Bundesliga title give Kane? It's not like his legacy will be greater with 1 Bundesliga title.

So what's the reason for him to go there?
- Give Spurs a chance to make money on him? (Maybe)
- Win a champions League title ( not likely)
- win a Bundesliga it a German cup title? (Why?)
- something else?

If I was Kane, I would stay, try to keep my options open and renew the contract (if the team look like contenders for at least one title next year) or sign for another PL-club for next season with bigger title chances (MU?, MC?)

I just don't see the benefits of going to Bayern.

we got to the CL final WITHOUT kane!

so cos the defence dont score goals they arent important? if anything we had the best back 4 and they was the ones let down! best back 4s usually win things!
We won the 2nd half of 1 leg without Kane. A freak hat trick from a player who's consistency is the polar opposite of Kane.
People fantasised that Moura in the final would have given is a better chance. But he was useless in the vast majority of his games for Spurs. One half of one leg doesn't make him worthy.

If he goes, the only thing he really can accomplish is too loose the title. Bayern have 11 in a row. Going in to the season the 12th is for them to loose, not to win.

What will a given Bundesliga title give Kane? It's not like his legacy will be greater with 1 Bundesliga title.

- something else?

If I was Kane, I would stay, try to keep my options open and renew the contract (if the team look like contenders for at least one title next year) or sign for another PL-club for next season with bigger title chances (MU?, MC?)

Winning trophies is the pinnacle of most players' careers, and he's obviously hungry for that, plus Bayern with Kane would be one of the CL favourites.

- something else?

The thing about Bayern is he gets to go and guarantee some medals and do it without it being at the expense of Spurs.
Real aren't sniffing around him at all. PSG is even less appealing than Bayern.
What else outside of the PL is there?

Back
Top Bottom