Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This is well within the realms of possibility. He needs more than a season to get the record he’s after and he’ll know it means so much more if he does it with one club. Not that staying here this season, banging 30 goals in for us then moving to United and scoring another 30 will tarnish it completely, but it’ll not look so good.

I think it’s very possible he’ll remain this summer, see us playing better football, see his family growing and continuing to settle and decide to sign a new contract.

But to make that happen, one would assume we’d have to match other suitors who will no doubt offer him a signing on fee in the tens of millions, as well as near doubling his wages.

I think if it did eventually come to a case of how much we'd offer him contract-wise, I think we would pay what it took.

If I know Daniel (and I don't want to), he definitely would loosen the purse strings.

:levylol:

This is well within the realms of possibility. He needs more than a season to get the record he’s after and he’ll know it means so much more if he does it with one club. Not that staying here this season, banging 30 goals in for us then moving to United and scoring another 30 will tarnish it completely, but it’ll not look so good.

I think it’s very possible he’ll remain this summer, see us playing better football, see his family growing and continuing to settle and decide to sign a new contract.

But to make that happen, one would assume we’d have to match other suitors who will no doubt offer him a signing on fee in the tens of millions, as well as near doubling his wages.
The only problem with that theory is i'm not sure Levy will risk him walking if things don't work out. I think he needs to either sign a new contract now, or be pushed out.

The only problem with that theory is i'm not sure Levy will risk him walking if things don't work out. I think he needs to either sign a new contract now, or be pushed out.
I would agree with you a couple of weeks ago, but if Levy sells now there will be a high risk he will derail Anges start to the season and rebuild and the toxicity towards him would ramp up a level no matter how much money he gets, no way can we get close to replacing Kane this close to the season and window closing. The time to sell was a couple of weeks ago and if going by the speed he responded to there latest offer I don’t think he will

true but the ball is in his court. He knows we wont sell to another prem club, so does he want a trophy with BM, or to knock Shearer off the top? I think I know which one I would want.

Whilst I feel like we should just rip the plaster off, he could sign a new bumper deal with us, I don't beleive it would do us any harm. Imagine the premier league's highest ever scorer, and he did that all at Spurs...

It's not "a trophy with BM". Bayern offer him a 4 year contract (that more than doubles his current salary). If the next 4 seasons by Bayern are like the past 4 ones, he wouldn't win just A trophy, but ELEVEN trophies.

Bayern are, in terms of European cups, the team with the 2nd highest CL final appearances and the 2nd in the all-time Champions League table, both behind Real Madrid. The prestige is just insane.

In my opinion, if he wants to be remembered as a legend, the likes of Messi, Ronaldo, Benzema, Lewandowski etc he'd better start winning stuff. Beating Shearer at a record only Premier League fans care about is nowhere near as important as winning the Champions League as a key player that sets you up nicely to maybe win a Ballon d'Or. They're trophies and awards that you'll cherish your whole life, unlike beating Shearer's record only to then see it beaten 2 years later by Haaland and *poof* it's gone.

Now, moving to Bayern won't guarantee a CL victory of course, but they're in the echelon of teams most likely to win one.

Playing for Bayern gets you better international reputation, no doubt about that.

It's not "a trophy with BM". Bayern offer him a 4 year contract (that more than doubles his current salary). If the next 4 seasons by Bayern are like the past 4 ones, he wouldn't win just A trophy, but ELEVEN trophies.

Bayern are, in terms of European cups, the team with the 2nd highest CL final appearances and the 2nd in the all-time Champions League table, both behind Real Madrid. The prestige is just insane.

In my opinion, if he wants to be remembered as a legend, the likes of Messi, Ronaldo, Benzema, Lewandowski etc he'd better start winning stuff. Beating Shearer at a record only Premier League fans care about is nowhere near as important as winning the Champions League as a key player that sets you up nicely to maybe win a Ballon d'Or. They're trophies and awards that you'll cherish your whole life, unlike beating Shearer's record only to then see it beaten 2 years later by Haaland and *poof* it's gone.

Now, moving to Bayern won't guarantee a CL victory of course, but they're in the echelon of teams most likely to win one.

Playing for Bayern gets you better international reputation, no doubt about that.
shearer himself has said hed give up his premier league medal over his goal scoring record if he had to give one up.

international reputation for what? they got chupo motting up front who cares. being a super legend at one club is far more special than having a bit of a rep by some foreigners.

25 players a year get a winners medal for a league...loads of average players have got that. youre not average if youre at the top of a list.

Kane already has world class status.

shearer himself has said hed give up his premier league medal over his goal scoring record if he had to give one up.

international reputation for what? they got chupo motting up front who cares. being a super legend at one club is far more special than having a bit of a rep by some foreigners.

It's one medal, and his reply was a bit ambiguous anyway. And he didn't win the Champions League.

Go ask Benzema if he'd trade his Ballon d'Or, LaLiga and CL victories for some record of the LaLiga all-time top scorer. Do you even know who is the all-time top scorer? It's Messi, but no one talks about it. They talk about his CL victories and his Ballon d'Or victories. The stuff that's more significant. He's a global legend, whereas Kane, like Shearer, is more of a national legend.

As for Choupo-Moting, he's hardly ever available with injuries and fitness issues, and even when he no longer has the stamina to last more than an hour on the pitch. It's no wonder that Bayern are putting this much effort into getting Kane.

Kane already has world class status.

Indeed he does, but what about world legend status? In 30 years time, will a Spanish football fan know who Kane was? I think there's considerably more recognition playing for the big European teams.

He's certainly not currently being considered world class enough to finish, say, in the top 3 of the Ballon d'Or. At a top European club, on the back of a CL victory, he'd have a great chance.

Of course Kane takes such things in consideration. It's not just 'a medal'. It's more than that.

Levy is screwed either way with some of the fanbase.

He keeps Kane and he’s not giving the manager a settled squad to plan with.

He sells Kane and he’s not showing any ambition, by selling our best player.

Good job he doesn’t really seem to give a shite what people think of him. Wouldn’t do his job for all the batter in Glasgow.

Offer him a1 year rolling contract every year from next summer. Or a 4 year deal with a release clause that diminishes every year if he wants financial security
FWIW..Iv just spoken to Maxi Miller on LinkedIn + he says H def ain’t going! If I knew how to post a pic on here I would show the conversation.It’s def him as I met him at a couple of dos at the Banqueting Suite a coupla seasons a go with Hazard + Falco.Fair play Maxi recognised me from LinkedIn! 🤞

Imagine selling your captain, best player and all time goal scorer about 100 hours before the season starts.

A season where you absolutely have to improve upon the last season to retain any minor sense of credibility that you still claim to have.

Over to you little big man :levywtf:

Levy is screwed either way with some of the fanbase.

He keeps Kane and he’s not giving the manager a settled squad to plan with.

He sells Kane and he’s not showing any ambition, by selling our best player.

Good job he doesn’t really seem to give a shite what people think of him. Wouldn’t do his job for all the batter in Glasgow.

TBF for his salary, I would!

I would just delegate the fuck out of everything - get in experts in each relevant area.

It's one medal, and his reply was a bit ambiguous anyway. And he didn't win the Champions League.

Go ask Benzema if he'd trade his Ballon d'Or, LaLiga and CL victories for some record of the LaLiga all-time top scorer. Do you even know who is the all-time top scorer? It's Messi, but no one talks about it. They talk about his CL victories and his Ballon d'Or victories. The stuff that's more significant. He's a global legend, whereas Kane, like Shearer, is more of a national legend.

As for Choupo-Moting, he's hardly ever available with injuries and fitness issues, and even when he no longer has the stamina to last more than an hour on the pitch. It's no wonder that Bayern are putting this much effort into getting Kane.
yea i think everyone knows its messi. of course messi has far more to talk about than la liga all time top scorer...hes messi! kane is 30 now, going to bayern does not mean hes winning the CL, they are nowhere near it right now. this is a weak bayern side in comparison to what they have had over the last decade. the premier league is stronger than ever now, and in this country the all time prem goal scorer is seen as a big deal. for kane to dilute his legacy with spurs and potentially give up his goal record for some poxy german domestics that no one gives a shit about is weak.

if he goes bayern and dont win the CL then he looks like an idiot. fancy trading all time records and legacies to go and win what chupo fucking moting wins! embarrassing.

la liga all time goal scorer will be spoken about more once messi is done. a league that has 2 of the biggest clubs in the world and his record is disgusting in that. la liga will always be a prestigious league because of them 2 clubs alone. bayern have been fucked by lack of competition, no one gives a shit about the bundesliga.

Last edited:

Funny watching them flip when their pressure to get Kane out of Spurs risks him leaving the prem…

Side note: Son travelled to Barca despite Ange knowing he won’t play. Maybe he’s the new captain?

Why do these idiots act like they know what Kane is thinking and what his goals and ambitions are?

It's so fucking annoying. They're more concerned about where he goes than he is.

yea i think everyone knows its messi. of course messi has far more to talk about than la liga all time top scorer...hes messi! kane is 30 now, going to bayern does not mean hes winning the CL, they are nowhere near it right now. this is a weak bayern side in comparison to what they have had over the last decade. the premier league is stronger than ever now, and in this country the all time prem goal scorer is seen as a big deal. for kane to dilute his legacy with spurs and potentially give up his goal record for some poxy german domestics that no one gives a shit about is weak.

if he goes bayern and dont win the CL then he looks like an idiot. fancy trading all time records and legacies to go and win what chupo fucking moting wins! embarrassing.

la liga all time goal scorer will be spoken about more once messi is done. a league that has 2 of the biggest clubs in the world and his record is disgusting in that. la liga will always be a prestigious league because of them 2 clubs alone. bayern have been fucked by lack of competition, no one gives a shit about the bundesliga.

OK, without checking, do you know who the all-time top scorers are for the Serie A, Bundesliga and Ligue 1? I know it's Gerd Muller for the Bundesliga, but I have no clue regarding the other two. But I can tell you which Serie A players won a Ballon d'Or, or were close to.

He will never look like an idiot in that scenario because he'd have won a number of trophies anyway.

You know where he'd look like an idiot? Two scenarios, both involving staying at Spurs. In one, he still fails to overtake Shearer. In the second, he does, but a short while later someone else (eg Haaland) overtakes him, and certainly few people care much for who was second in the all-time scorers of one domestic league.

As for Bayern being weak in comparison to last decade, may I remind you they won a sextuple this decade, the 2nd club in history to manage this feat. Now they're crying for a striker, and Kane fits in perfectly. They convinced him of the project, and he'd like to give it a go.

And he should be thanked for this, because he lands Tottenham 100m, or more when addons are met, rather than leave on a free like it seems some of you want him to.

Do you ever get the feeling that this entire saga is pantomime and the deals probably been done for months?

Had hope he might stay given all the "final offer" bollocks but now they are just going to raise it up Another £10m

I said at the end of last season that Levy would sell at the very last minute and we wouldn't have time to spend the money and it looks like that is going to happen again.

Every time I try and be positive with this club against my gut instincts they do something like this.

To be crystal clear I was fine selling Kane for the right value providing we used the money this window to try and replace Kane in the aggregate.

But if he does go last minute how does that help us?

does Kane care that much about the german title, doubt it. Think it's more that BM are pretty much likely to make QF/SF stage at least of the champions league every season.

theyve only failed to make at least the quarter finals twice in last 22 attempts, impressive. So from his perspective going to a club that's always going to be in the final mix for the ultimate club prize is appealing for sure. I'd say only madrid and city are more likely to win it in the time he has left

Back
Top Bottom