Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not sure Bayern is such a sure thing anymore tbh but hey ho.

As I posted earlier, you're counting on the £100m being spent wisely and then those players performing.

Kane is more of a sure thing for me.

Def not sure the 100m comes back from Bayern but reports are they will bid again soon.

I'm counting on 100m being spent better than the budget Levy would give with zero...

But that's not the big issue for me. It's about the team more than it is Kane. We have just finished 8th with him having his best season ever because of the indecision and fucking around with Conte.

Kane without a contract just fucks with the stability of the team all over again imo.

1 year contract extension and a release clause for no CL football, then sure no brainer for him to stay.

But mate, it seems that your position is predicated on Levy re-investing that 100m or whatever we get for Kane.

There's no guarantee that he will. If Kane goes do you really expect that 100m to be spent between now and the end of the transfer window?

I'm not so sure. And if he doesn't then Kane's sale will have weakened the squad and undermined Ange. If he does, then I can live with that.

If it goes to paying down the stadium or building a new wine cellar for the tourists then we will have been sold a lie.

I think he would invest more of 100m than he would 0m...

But it's not the big point for me. IMO it's about team stability over the coming and going of the biggest star in the show not a certainty. If he doesn't sign an extension IMO its 100% certain to overshadow the rest of the team because of the media in football.

Even when he didn't travel, half of Ange's Qs from the press conference today were about Kane.

I'm not sure that's strictly true. I'm probably recognised as being one of Daniel Levy's biggest critics but if he turns down any offers for Harry and we keep him for another season he'll go up a couple of notches in my estimation
Movie Reaction GIF
Fair play, Bad gifs aside, I am enjoying “another day, another BM meltdown”. They are fucking brats.
However anyone feels about ENIC etc it’s nice to see unexpected support for acting like a big club rather than penny pinching misers.
I hope it’s not to try and extract more goodwill out of Harry or sell him at the last minute and I really hope he won’t walk on a free next year. Naive, yada yada- yep. But even one last season with one of the best in the game means more to me than money in the bank that we may or may not spend on players who may or may not be any good.
Bored of that and wouldn’t trust this club with £100 million to “invest”. We’ve spent fortunes on shit and square pegs for round holes.
Let’s enjoy Harry for as long as we can.
I may be a silly old fucker but I see no reason to sell a top 10 in the world player to buy 2,3 or 5 punts or unproven. Everyone banging on about Tapsoba… he may be great in another league but if it’s a shit league, then how does that form stack up week in, week out in the toughest league?
:tanguythumb:

I think he would invest more of 100m than he would 0m...

But it's not the big point for me. IMO it's about team stability over the coming and going of the biggest star in the show not a certainty. If he doesn't sign an extension IMO its 100% certain to overshadow the rest of the team because of the media in football.

Even when he didn't travel, half of Ange's Qs from the press conference today were about Kane.

Kanes thread on here over 10 years + is about 3400 pages.

Around 10% of those posts come in the last 3 months since the season ended. And that percentage grows by the day.

However you look at it his proposed move and contract time remaining is a talking point.
And Spurs fans are doing as much of the talking as anyone else.

What can Bayern be offering him money wise?
Surely it can’t match what we have offered?
They have to fork out over £100 million just to start with.
So if he is not going for money is he really going there for some poxy German league medals just to say he “won” something.
On a side note I hate that uncle fester creepy looking Tommy tutchel bastard. No way is he winning a champions league. He barely won the league last season.

What can Bayern be offering him money wise?
Surely it can’t match what we have offered?
They have to fork out over £100 million just to start with.
So if he is not going for money is he really going there for some poxy German league medals just to say he “won” something.
On a side note I hate that uncle fester creepy looking Tommy tutchel bastard. No way is he winning a champions league. He barely won the league last season.

Yeah he'd never do that!

He's going there to compete at the highest level of European football and experience winning things, this really shouldn't need explaining again.

Yeah he'd never do that!

He's going there to compete at the highest level of European football and experience winning things, this really shouldn't need explaining again.
Munich only got to the quarterfinals last year. Kane done fuck all to help us progress past a shot Milan team over 180 minutes.
I’m sure “winning “ a league they win every season is going to feel great.

Munich only got to the quarterfinals last year. Kane done fuck all to help us progress past a shot Milan team over 180 minutes.
I’m sure “winning “ a league they win every season is going to feel great.

They're in the CL every season and quarters is disappointing for them. It is success for us.

Probably will. Winning trophies is fun, even if some blokes on a Spurs forum don't rate them.

They're in the CL every season and quarters is disappointing for them. It is success for us.

Probably will. Winning trophies is fun, even if some blokes on a Spurs forum don't rate them.
What about the money? My missus would go up the walls if I relocated us all to a new country on far less money than if we had of stayed put so I can show I have a bundesliga participation medal when I retire.

He wasn't with the squad today, he's going IMO.

No way Levy risks a free transfer, too greedy for the money. Already ridiculous demands for the contract he has left tbh.
Can't believe that no one is even mentioning this? He wasn't with the squad today for the first time in ages.....

Mind you this whole thing is weird

I really can't believe Levy of all people is going to let Kane walk out for free - just can't see it happening. Everything we know about Levy and his greed just won't allow 100million to walk out on him in 12 months time.

He’s not committed any more needs to
He stripped of captaincy and benched until he sold ,richarlison eventually is going to be kanes replacement so let’s get him to the system now instead of keep playing kane .Tottenham is bigger then Kane not the other way round .

It's Trix so....(tbh some of this is just common sense/obvious)

Who: Trix
When: Today
Where: SC

This has all come from an agent who knows Charlie, plus has ties to the club. Apply salt and make of it what you will....

Things are a bit of a mess right now as far as the build up of the squad are concerned. It's all getting extremely complicated. If we sell Kane the plan is to bring 3 players in and the clubs we are talking to want definitive answers so they can prepare themselves for the new season. Trouble is we have more players on the books now than we did before the window opened, and we knew we were massively bloated then. The logistics are a complete nightmare. Ange is speaking daily to Harry and there are murmurs are starting to bubble up that he might decide to stay regardless of whether any deal is struck. His wife has been having second thoughts about moving and Harry is not happy with how Munich haven't tied this up already considering how enthusiastically they've pursued him. With a new baby very close they wanted things settled and now the thinking is if it happens Harry goes over and the rest of the family stay until after the birth which is far from ideal.

Munich have been in contact throughout regardless of what we've heard regarding deadlines, and we have been happy to entertain these talks in the hope that a solution is reached for everyone.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Personal opinion - one of those 3 players Trix refers to is Gift Orban.

Back
Top Bottom