Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

yea i think everyone knows its messi. of course messi has far more to talk about than la liga all time top scorer...hes messi! kane is 30 now, going to bayern does not mean hes winning the CL, they are nowhere near it right now. this is a weak bayern side in comparison to what they have had over the last decade. the premier league is stronger than ever now, and in this country the all time prem goal scorer is seen as a big deal. for kane to dilute his legacy with spurs and potentially give up his goal record for some poxy german domestics that no one gives a shit about is weak.

if he goes bayern and dont win the CL then he looks like an idiot. fancy trading all time records and legacies to go and win what chupo fucking moting wins! embarrassing.

la liga all time goal scorer will be spoken about more once messi is done. a league that has 2 of the biggest clubs in the world and his record is disgusting in that. la liga will always be a prestigious league because of them 2 clubs alone. bayern have been fucked by lack of competition, no one gives a shit about the bundesliga.
Going your whole career without winning anything might also be embarrassing for him.

We don't know what he wants. If it was as obvious as you're making it then this saga wouldn't even be happening in the first place, Kane would reject them off hand.

Spending this transfer window according to Transfermrkt is a record high for Spurs with only Winks sold so far , nowhere near some clubs levels of spending but are we certain Harry is staying or is Levy spending in anticipation.

Last edited:
OK, without checking, do you know who the all-time top scorers are for the Serie A, Bundesliga and Ligue 1? I know it's Gerd Muller for the Bundesliga, but I have no clue regarding the other two. But I can tell you which Serie A players won a Ballon d'Or, or were close to.

He will never look like an idiot in that scenario because he'd have won a number of trophies anyway.

You know where he'd look like an idiot? Two scenarios, both involving staying at Spurs. In one, he still fails to overtake Shearer. In the second, he does, but a short while later someone else (eg Haaland) overtakes him, and certainly few people care much for who was second in the all-time scorers of one domestic league.
haaland wont be here long enough to score 300 league goals., thats what kanes going to get by staying in england if not quite a bit more. barca and madrid protect the prem goal record, its going to most probably only be english strikers who get near it because the foreigners cant say no to the lure of madrid and barca E.G suarez. maybe that will change as the premier league is ridiculous now.

being a super legend at one club is far more special than some cheap trophies that average players win elsewhere. i doubt totti has any regrets about not leaving roma. one clubs legends live a lot longer than mercenaries. roma fans will be remembering totti in 200 years....people wont know what the fuck a chupo moting is.

when i was a kid i remember everyone respected totti for being loyal to roma. it made him even more special, great player that stayed with roma and made them challenge the big boys.

Last edited:
The bundesliga is a basically a feeder league for the elite leagues. Just like the Dutch league is a feeder league for the bundesliga. It’s a pyramid and the premier league is the summit. It’s a massive step down for Kane to go there

haaland wont be here long enough to score 300 league goals., thats what kanes going to get by staying in england if not quite a bit more. barca and madrid protect the prem goal record, its going to most probably only be english strikers who get near it because the foreigners cant say no to the lure of madrid and barca E.G suarez.

being a super legend at one club is far more special than some cheap trophies that average players win elsewhere. i doubt totti has any regrets about not leaving roma. one clubs legends live a lot longer than mercenaries. roma fans will be remembering totti in 200 years....people wont know what the fuck a chupo moting is.
If it was as simple as you're making it out then Kane wouldn't have tried to force a move to City.

Also Totti won the Scudetto at Roma. so it isn't the same. A better comparison is Batistuta who was loyal to Fiorentina but eventually moved to Roma to win the Serie A.

The bundesliga is a basically a feeder league for the elite leagues. Just like the Dutch league is a feeder league for the bundesliga. It’s a pyramid and the premier league is the summit. It’s a massive step down for Kane to go there

not really a step down, and certainly not a massive one, he'd be joining a bigger club, richer, more supported, and more chance of winning the CL

If it was as simple as you're making it out then Kane wouldn't have tried to force a move to City.

Also Totti won the Scudetto at Roma. so it isn't the same. A better comparison is Batistuta who was loyal to Fiorentina but eventually moved to Roma to win the Serie A.
moving to city he tarnishes spurs legacy but doesnt give up his prem record. he also cleans up domestically...wins trophies that actually mean something to him!

Munich only got to the quarterfinals last year. Kane done fuck all to help us progress past a shot Milan team over 180 minutes.
I’m sure “winning “ a league they win every season is going to feel great.
Im not shy in criticising Kane in some of our bigger games, however if a team creates for him he wouldn't have to drop so deep and try and create something for himself, still even in a boring defensive team he would have won the golden boot if it wasn't for that Freak Haaland!!!!
Any way not sure who Bayern have in midfield but if he stays in this team with Maddison I think he'll give Haaland a run for the golden boot next season. It would also be good prep for the euros as if Kane and Madds start to click together Southgate surely would be mad not to start them both in the Euros?

moving to city he tarnishes spurs legacy but doesnt give up his prem record. he also cleans up domestically...wins trophies that actually mean something to him!
Once again, we don't know which trophies mean something to him. If the Bundesliga meant fuck all he wouldn't even be considering a move there.

In that clip posted earlier, Carragher said that winning the Bundesliga means nothing because they win it anyway. In that case, what does winning the Prem with City mean for Kane if they'd win it anyway?

haaland wont be here long enough to score 300 league goals., thats what kanes going to get by staying in england if not quite a bit more. barca and madrid protect the prem goal record, its going to most probably only be english strikers who get near it because the foreigners cant say no to the lure of madrid and barca E.G suarez. maybe that will change as the premier league is ridiculous now.

when i was a kid i remember everyone respected totti for being loyal to roma. it made him even more special, great player that stayed with roma and made them challenge the big boys.

You keep mentioning Choupo-Moting in some sort of ridicule way. He is meant to be Bayern's backup striker. In 200 years time, only Roma fans will know who Totti was, but fans of every football club would know the name of Lewandowski.

As for Choupo-Moting's ridiculing and mentioning of the decade, this decade Kane played 720 minutes in the Champions League and Choupo-Moting played 893. Kane scored 1 goal (a goal every 720 mins played) and Choupo-Moting scored 10 (a goal every 89 mins played). That's 8x the scoring rate. That's the step up playing for Europe's top teams gives you, where even someone like Choupo-Moting can score these crazy numbers. Imagine what Kane would do.

From my aspect, it looks sportingly unambitious if Kane chases some record rather than do his best to try to win at the biggest stage in club football, the Champions League. All while helping Spurs cash in 100m.

You keep mentioning Choupo-Moting in some sort of ridicule way. He is meant to be Bayern's backup striker. In 200 years time, only Roma fans will know who Totti was, but fans of every football club would know the name of Lewandowski.

As for Choupo-Moting's ridiculing and mentioning of the decade, this decade Kane played 720 minutes in the Champions League and Choupo-Moting played 893. Kane scored 1 goal (a goal every 720 mins played) and Choupo-Moting scored 10 (a goal every 89 mins played). That's 8x the scoring rate. That's the step up playing for Europe's top teams gives you, where even someone like Choupo-Moting can score these crazy numbers. Imagine what Kane would do.

From my aspect, it looks sportingly unambitious if Kane chases some record rather than do his best to try to win at the biggest stage in club football, the Champions League. All while helping Spurs cash in 100m.
The treble is overrated. Congrats on winning something that Ronny Johnsen won.

The summit is the Champions League. Bayern have a bigger chance of winning the CL than Tottenham, especially this season. We're talking about whether a man would like to chase some record for consistency in his own country or chase the crown of being champion of Europe (and eventually the world if one also wins the Club World Cup), even though the former is more likely than the latter.

The treble is overrated. Congrats on winning something that Ronny Johnsen won.
Bayern didn't just win a treble but a sextuple. Lewandowski's name is etched there. No need to have sour grapes. It's a dream for any player to win a sextuple, and it stays in the history books forever unlike a record that can be broken.

does Kane care that much about the german title, doubt it. Think it's more that BM are pretty much likely to make QF/SF stage at least of the champions league every season.

theyve only failed to make at least the quarter finals twice in last 22 attempts, impressive. So from his perspective going to a club that's always going to be in the final mix for the ultimate club prize is appealing for sure. I'd say only madrid and city are more likely to win it in the time he has left

All he cares about us the Bundesliga winter break. What is it 1 month off for Xmas and new year?

Just what you need as you get older and want to extend your playing career. And of course see your kids more at Christmas time.

Yeah that looks really appealing…
Yeah cause him going to Bayern 3-4 days prior to kickoff, without us having secured a proper replacement...that's appealing.

Winning the B'liga for the 12th time in a row in a one-team league, that's appealing.

Playing in the CL, sure, but only to get knocked out the first time you play a proper elite team, that's appealing.

Having the German media and Bayern fanmob on your ass soon as you hit a 2-game dry spell, that's appealing.

Always being compared to the great Robert, that's appealing.

Honestly.. Spurs fans are delusional. Reading on here about how Kane might stay because he is enjoying ‘Angeball’ and his training sessions, and how we need to show intent and let him know that this year is finally the year and how he might even sign a new contract next summer. LOL, Ange may well be gone from Spurs by Christmas before Kane goes thats how quickly we go through managers so you can forget about that. Ange is just another number to Kane at this point. If you wanted to show intent you should have done that 3 seasons ago.

However how many times are you going to flog a dead horse? How many times are you going to try to sell this fantasy to Kane. Its like 4 seasons running now. Getting embarrassing.

The only reason Kane isnt making a meal out of this is because he knows in 12 months time he goes to any PL club of his choice anyway, and in the meantime continue to do what hes always done, rack up goals. just in time where he will be 31 next season, twilight of his career at a new club, break the all time goalscoring record and win a trophy along the way.

I mean the guy would literally rather go to the german league and end his PL goalscorer record rather than stay at Spurs. Thats how much he’s checked out in terms of any future with us. Staying for a final 12 months is just Kane being an utmost professional. And I doubt Bayern or the German league is even Kanes first choice. But thats all Levy will let him go to. I wouldnt even be surprised if hes already made a gentlemans agreement with whichever PL club he has chosen should the Bayern deal fall through. Dont get it twisted the only reason no club has gone for him is because they know hes free next season, Levy wont do business with them and even if he did would want ridiculous money when they can just wait 12 months and get him for nothing.

Be smart people. Take the 100M and send him off to Germany and start a new era without Kane, and hope that the next time we ever stumble across a generational player, we actually match their ambition.

Back
Top Bottom