Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That comment is just stupid. So Kane is not a part of this mess? Let me guess - Eriksen's fault we lost today? You could make the claim that any of our players would look mustard playing for a top team. In this current situation I would expect a lot more of Kane

Wtf are you on about? You don't blame the keeper if we're not creating chances and I'm not going to blame Kane for not scoring 2 goals per match in a team that is utterly devoid of ideas. A striker's job is to finish chances, of which Kane is not getting. A creative player's role (Eriksen) is to create chances. It's not difficult but clearly you're too stupid to understand that.

Please, inform us how Kane is going to score without the ball when he's surrounded by 2 CBs at all times.

Wtf are you on about? You don't blame the keeper if we're not creating chances and I'm not going to blame Kane for not scoring 2 goals per match in a team that is utterly devoid of ideas. A striker's job is to finish chances, of which Kane is not getting. A creative player's role (Eriksen) is to create chances. It's not difficult but clearly you're too stupid to understand that.

Please, inform us how Kane is going to score without the ball when he's surrounded by 2 CBs at all times.
Would help if he was in the box for crosses and chances. Remember when Kane dropped deep it was to create space for a shot. Now he doesn't even take shots half the time.

Would help if he was in the box for crosses and chances. Remember when Kane dropped deep it was to create space for a shot. Now he doesn't even take shots half the time.

Can you think of a single time today where Kane should’ve shot but didn’t? I remember him dropping deep and playing it wide a few times but he’s either too far out or has 4 opposition players in front of him.

The spaces for the striker appear when the ball is moved quickly and the other attacking players are dragging the defenders out of position. We do none of that at the moment.

Can you think of a single time today where Kane should’ve shot but didn’t? I remember him dropping deep and playing it wide a few times but he’s either too far out or has 4 opposition players in front of him.

The spaces for the striker appear when the ball is moved quickly and the other attacking players are dragging the defenders out of position. We do none of that at the moment.
Yep, one when he cut back inside his man at the edge of the penalty area and laid the ball off. Two years ago he would have shot and the outcome would have been 50/50. Now, t's a guaranteed 0/100

Yep, one when he cut back inside his man at the edge of the penalty area and laid the ball off. Two years ago he would have shot and the outcome would have been 50/50. Now, t's a guaranteed 0/100

I think I remember the one you’re talking about, left side of the box? If I remember correctly he switches it to his right foot and has a load of defenders in front of him. I don’t disagree that he should be shooting more from those spots but as someone mentions above, the fact he looks so good for England tells you it’s a Spurs problem and not a Kane problem.

Or maybe it's difficult for players like Eriksen to create chances when there's zero movement from your teammates. Maybe Kane is surrounded by 2 CBs at all time because he forgets to move his ass...but clearly you're too stupid to understand that

Watching the replays of chances today Harry was free in great positions at least 3 times. Poor crosses and passes from Aurier and Rose and piss poor corners by Lamela.

I've been watching this team since the early 70's. He's the best finisher I've seen in all that time. For me he starts. He should be club captain too.
We're simply not creating anything like the same amount of openings for him that we have in previous seasons. Our build up play is so slow he now ends up not getting the ball at all, or is surrounded by defenders as they've time to get into position. Erikson and Ali's form (Ali being played not in his best position just behind Kane affects him and Kane) isn't helping anyone.
He was outstanding for England the other night and could have had a hatful from the spaces he created in the box had those around him bothered to pass to him. As it was he set up virtually every chance we had, along with scoring an excellent goal. Even in the previous game he laid on the best 3 passes of the game. Southgate is able to get something out of him, why not Poch now?

I've been watching this team since the early 70's. He's the best finisher I've seen in all that time. For me he starts. He should be club captain too.
We're simply not creating anything like the same amount of openings for him that we have in previous seasons. Our build up play is so slow he now ends up not getting the ball at all, or is surrounded by defenders as they've time to get into position. Erikson and Ali's form (Ali being played not in his best position just behind Kane affects him and Kane) isn't helping anyone.
He was outstanding for England the other night and could have had a hatful from the spaces he created in the box had those around him bothered to pass to him. As it was he set up virtually every chance we had, along with scoring an excellent goal. Even in the previous game he laid on the best 3 passes of the game. Southgate is able to get something out of him, why not Poch now?
Great post. :thumbup:

Looked pissed off today. One particular moment he put in a floated ball for Aurier who didn’t really time it well and it ended up going ahead of him. Kane put his arms out in frustration. He’s clearly getting a bit fed up of the his teammates inability.

Looked pissed off today. One particular moment he put in a floated ball for Aurier who didn’t really time it well and it ended up going ahead of him. Kane put his arms out in frustration. He’s clearly getting a bit fed up of the his teammates inability.
He ain't the only one.
I remember that ace pass he played to couldn't care much Aurier.
Aurier's attitude is like a disease in the team.

Do people think Kane wants Poch or wants someone new? He obviously likes him as a person but he is one player that I would def listen to if I were Levy. It also seems we have no specific tactics to utilise him properly. He is a weapon that should be getting 5 shots off a game.

Hes been shit for 18 months but plays every week. We looked a different team with son through the middle. Even llorente did more last season. Ankle injuries have taken there toll as his mobility now is shocking

Looked fine against Leicester...

Do people think Kane wants Poch or wants someone new? He obviously likes him as a person but he is one player that I would def listen to if I were Levy. It also seems we have no specific tactics to utilise him properly. He is a weapon that should be getting 5 shots off a game.
Kane is so valuable to the club that I think if he wanted Poch gone then his position would become untenable extremely quickly.

This extended Lloris injury should be used as an opportunity to permanently hand over the captaincy.

Back
Top Bottom