Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

And here's the fucking stupidity he has to put up with. Rated the lowest of all the starters on the poxy BBC website.
Never let people whose only grey matter is clogging up their shit pipe, vote. So much hate for Kane out there. Those angry twats must have prostates the size of a zeppelin.

Kane is the best goalscorer England have. He is also the most creative player and best passer.
He could quite happily play in midfield if he had to.
Remember the win in Spain he was involved in all the goals. He needs pace around him so he can drop off and knock the ball through
Get Foden in that team asap . Will link up well with Harry.

Maybe he needs to play 10 and Sonny needs to be the 9
This is most definitely an option. We could line up in multiple ways as well. A 4-4-1-1 with Son in front of Kane and Kane as the link between midfield and attack. A 3-5-2 with Son once again in front of Kane. Son and Llorente operated a bit like that. And when Son falls back Kane can push ahead instead. And we could play Lucas out in either of the flanks if need be as well.

Maybe he should be dropped deeper, but who knows what Poch is thinking these days
We know Harry loves getting the ball and our turgid midfield is finding it difficult to play up the pitch and win the midfield battles, either through a lack of creativity or a lack of defensive ability. Give him a sort of free role behind the striker. I am surprised Poch has never tried that.

We know Harry loves getting the ball and our turgid midfield is finding it difficult to play up the pitch and win the midfield battles, either through a lack of creativity or a lack of defensive ability. Give him a sort of free role behind the striker. I am surprised Poch has never tried that.
I'm not that surprised to be fair. For all Poch's good sides we know that he is very tactically stubborn. He has his one way of playing that is supposed to work all the time (Except it doesn't). There is obviously a logic in keeping your main striker as close to goal as possible but there is definitely some perks to trying Kane as a secondary striker/midfield link.

This is most definitely an option. We could line up in multiple ways as well. A 4-4-1-1 with Son in front of Kane and Kane as the link between midfield and attack. A 3-5-2 with Son once again in front of Kane. Son and Llorente operated a bit like that. And when Son falls back Kane can push ahead instead. And we could play Lucas out in either of the flanks if need be as well.

It's what I believe is the beauty of the 4-3-3 - depending on how the opposition are playing, then either he drops deep, to provide the ball to the wingers running beyond, or the wingers can stay wide while, Kane is in the box as the old school target man. For me, it's the most fluid system.

Last edited:
3 assists, 1 goal

It's what I believe is the beauty of the 4-3-3 - depending on how the opposition are playing, then either he drops deep, to provide the ball to the wingers running beyond, or the wingers can stay wide while, Kane is in the box as the old school target man. For me, it's the most fluid system.
Shame Poch seems almost allergic to it. Whenever we end up playing it it seems like the players are throwing the game plan out of the window.

Not sure i quite get you there mate. We know how much Spurs fans appreciate him but it frankly baffles me how underappreciated he is from other teams fans, Jack The Ripper was more popular it seems. Do you mean jealousy?
And an incredible lack of football knowledge, there are still a lot of football fans who think he is just a tap-in merchant at best.

Last edited:
Not sure i quite get you there mate. We know how much Spurs fans appreciate him but it frankly baffles me how underappreciated he is from other teams fans, Jack The Ripper was more popular it seems. Do you mean jealousy?
He's hated because he's so good.

No player has scored more North London Derby goals than him (28) in the 130yr history between the two sides (Dofoe also has 28 but from double the number of games), do you think in an open poll it was Woolwich fans clicking on his name giving him high scores (he's scored against them all Chelsea, West Ham, Man U, City, Liverpool etc) and as a consequence he's the focus of their love. (I hate Henry for the same reason why they hate Kane).

When we played Huddersfield in their first year in the PL he scored twice, one a belter from just outside the box, we won 0-4. Poch subbed him off right at the end of the game to run the clock down, the entire stadium clapped him off. In the same fixture the following season they booed his every touch.

When we played Huddersfield in their first year in the PL he scored twice, one a belter from just outside the box, we won 0-4. Poch subbed him off right at the end of the game to run the clock down, the entire stadium clapped him off.
JS100829410.jpg

JS100379322.jpg

Back
Top Bottom