Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Why? Maybe his physical prime was when he was 24?
His mental and technical prime years could still be ahead of him.

He’s had serious ankle injuries season upon season. So if anything it’s a sign he has problems with his ankles. The last one was pretty innocuous.

You’re never going to get full recovery. Each time the ankle gets slightly weaker. Football is littered with players who never made it to their “prime” years.

And chances of the injury recurring are about 25%. So statistically he is already one of those 1in4. He’s not at Wilshere levels obviously.

Really managing his fitness and playing style is key for his longevity.

(After breaking a bone in my ankle and damaging my ligaments I spent a fair amount of time discussing ankle injuries with a physio and generally just reading up on them.
I can’t play football anymore :( ...... )
He’s come back from ankles before and looked great. I think he’ll get back to something near peak-Kane but it’s going to take longer than anyone would want. It’s been about 6 months since the City game. He basically played football non-stop for 21 months before that and rushed back from injuries. Hopefully he’s back resembling his 2017 form soon.

He’s come back from ankles before and looked great. I think he’ll get back to something near peak-Kane but it’s going to take longer than anyone would want. It’s been about 6 months since the City game. He basically played football non-stop for 21 months before that and rushed back from injuries. Hopefully he’s back resembling his 2017 form soon.

Kane's biggest issue is how flakey the other attacking players he feeds off of have been in recent times. If Dele and Eriksen hadn't been so poor, I am certain we'd have seen a more sprightly and free spirited Kane.

The injuries won't help, but I think our static, languid style as a whole at present really makes him look more huff and puff than he actually is. Get bombing fullbacks who can actually pass, a creative player who actually cares feeding him through e middle and a dangerous decoy number 10 to open space up and Kane will show what he's all about far more than he gets the opportunity to at present.

Kane's biggest issue is how flakey the other attacking players he feeds off of have been in recent times. If Dele and Eriksen hadn't been so poor, I am certain we'd have seen a more sprightly and free spirited Kane.

The injuries won't help, but I think our static, languid style as a whole at present really makes him look more huff and puff than he actually is. Get bombing fullbacks who can actually pass, a creative player who actually cares feeding him through e middle and a dangerous decoy number 10 to open space up and Kane will show what he's all about far more than he gets the opportunity to at present.
Ndombele and lo celso were meant to do that but I guess we’ll see

It's funny how tides have turned... Not calling you our specifically but people used to say the following:

- Poch puts an arm around and mentors players like Shaw, Rose, etc. and gets rid of bad eggs (is that not man management?)
- Poch develops youth (brought Winks in, helped Kane development, Ali, Skipp, Sanchez, Foyth)
- His training methods and attention to detail has the players fitter than ever
- He watches player coming in and out of training so he can read body language and pick-up on any negative energy straightaway

Now it's

- Poch has terrible man management
- Poch doesn't bring enough youth through and only plays the old guard
- His training is way too intense and tires the players out
- He is weird the way he spies on the players

I'm not sure his ethos and tactics have changed, that might be the problem as things might have become stale and a bit boring... It is however interesting to read the things that once made him our saviour are now seen as negatives.
When we win all the methods are good, when we dont all of it is bad.

Sometimes during a football match, commentators will talk great things about a team thats winning, talking about how well the manager has been doing. Concede a couple of quick goals, then suddenly they start talking about how this has always been a problem and the team has not been playing well all game.

13 apps and 12 goals this season. Absolutely amazing.

Fcuk that every fcuking day.

Scoring goals is secondary every single day to us winning games.

It would be nice if he was as good in a Spurs shirt as he was at times last night.

And even better if Pochettino bought a striker to allow Kane to drop behind him at times.

The guy's passing is fcuking miles better than Eriksen's that's for sure.

But sorry I would prefer Kane and scored once and we were still undefeated.

Dele being good means Kane is good, and vice versa. They had real chemistry for two years.

It’s important, but Kane was working with a Mason-Bentaleb midfield in 2014/15 prior to Dele and performing well. I think it’s a bit of both.

He's definitely less energetic and slower.
I would agree based on most recent matches but last night he raced a man and looked the fastest I've seen him in a long time. And I think it was nearer the end of the game.

His passing was magnificent. I wish all the team had the intelligence, vision and accuracy he's gifted with.

It would be nice if he was as good in a Spurs shirt as he was at times last night.

And even better if Pochettino bought a striker to allow Kane to drop behind him at times.

Scoring goals is secondary? We don't win if we don't score goals.
If you can't take pleasure from one of our own stamping his mark as one of the best (IMO the GOAT) players Spurs or England has ever had then I wonder if you can take pleasure from anything in life.
It wasn't Harry's fault England lost last night and it's not Harry's fault Spurs have not been winning.

Scoring goals is secondary? We don't win if we don't score goals.
If you can't take pleasure from one of our own stamping his mark as one of the best (IMO the GOAT) players Spurs or England has ever had then I wonder if you can take pleasure from anything in life.
It wasn't Harry's fault England lost last night and it's not Harry's fault Spurs have not been winning.

An interesting take on it.

He is part of the collective so he cannot be absolved and I support Tottenham not Harry Kane.

We win and he doesn't score. Which would you prefer?

An interesting take on it.

He is part of the collective so he cannot be absolved and I support Tottenham not Harry Kane.

We win and he doesn't score. Which would you prefer?

I support Tottenham and Harry Kane but we are more likely to win from one of his goals. He has scored the winner literally dozens of times for Spurs and England, often in the last minutes. And are you seriously asking me or any Spurs fan that I/we would prefer any outcome except a Spurs win?

Last edited:
I support Tottenham and Harry Kane but we are more likely to win from one of his goals. He has scored the winner literally dozens of times for Spurs and England, often in the last minutes. And are you seriously asking me or any Spurs fan that I/we would prefer any outcome except a Spurs win?

do you remember that bollocks from a few years back that reckoned that we’d have had more points if kane hadn’t played? I think he’s scored goals in routs etc and had 2 OGs or something.

do you remember that bollocks from a few years back that reckoned that we’d have had more points if kane hadn’t played? I think he’s scored goals in routs etc and had 2 OGs or something.
That'd be the same bollocks that if Kane had been fit enough for the Ajax 2nd leg match then Moura wouldn't have had enough time on the pitch to scratch his arse let alone score three goals would it ?? 😎 (Sorry, just in a devil's advocate mood this morning). It will wear off in a bit :thumbup:.
Kane has undoubtedly been the best player at the club for quite a few seasons now. I just hope he's used wisely so that he isn't burnt out in another couple of years. That applies to whoever is England manager as well as Spurs.
Off for an early Guinness with a load of mad Irishmen now as we cheer on their rugby team. That'll sort me out.

Last edited:
I think he looks great at the moment. Last night when he did get the ball he looked very good.

Yes, but that isn't Kane's fault is it?

Back
Top Bottom