Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Jesus Christ watch the game and even if Kane never moves there are two defenders on him, that automatically makes us a player up, not Kane’s fault the muppets behind him can’t work the spaces.....so we now want Kane to “run around” some more? To where exactly?

At the game yesterday, was struck by how high Kane stayed the whole game. We need him to play him more as a 10 than a 9. We saw some of that for England last week where he bagged a couple of assists. He can be brilliant receiving the ball under pressure in the 'pocket' and playing in runners going beyond him.

When he plays as a 9 these days, the game passes him by. Maybe because the service is poor or maybe he's lost a bit of mobility, but right now we need his creativity, as there's not much behind him at Spurs.

I don't know how you fix this tactically - maybe 4-3-3, like England, with Son and Moura wide? But one way or the other we need him more involved in games.

At the game yesterday, was struck by how high Kane stayed the whole game. We need him to play him more as a 10 than a 9. We saw some of that for England last week where he bagged a couple of assists. He can be brilliant receiving the ball under pressure in the 'pocket' and playing in runners going beyond him.

When he plays as a 9 these days, the game passes him by. Maybe because the service is poor or maybe he's lost a bit of mobility, but right now we need his creativity, as there's not much behind him at Spurs.

I don't know how you fix this tactically - maybe 4-3-3, like England, with Son and Moura wide? But one way or the other we need him more involved in games.

Not that I disagree, but you're basically describing what happened to Rooney.

I don't think you hook the best striker in the team because the midfield is shit. We just need better midfielders. Hopefully Lo Celso will be a revelation.

Every time i see Kane he looks absolutely drained. Like a boxer who has killed himself to make the weight. Just doesnt look right (or healthy) to me.

I have an awful feeling we are going to here rumours of him asking for a move once we are out of the CL this year.

Kane has become amazing at hiding in plain sight. I couldn’t even tell if he was on the pitch or not yesterday. Even if you rewind the footage you won’t see him anywhere. He’s a ghost-being. This is the clear mark of someone who has been converted to Master Vampire character class and who phases in and out of our reality in order to create the impression he can tolerate daylight.

Are Kane's pedestrian performances our dressing room problem in microcosm? Has our talisman abdicated responsibility in that greatest of English traditions? Should we fuck him off at a little below market rate in January or the summer? In other words, has he failed in leading a team that has become lazy and entitled?

If it really is lack of service there should be numerous moments a match where you think "look at Kane"..."Why didn't he pass to Kane" etc...I cant say I saw any of those moments and haven't in ages

His finishing/passing still looks top draw but his ability to create space has diminished so much (due to losing a step of speed probably)
Rubbish

Back
Top Bottom