Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Top drawer player I absolutely love him but he has turned into a different player the last 18 months or so.
Whether thats a tactical thing, players around him or because of injuries taking their toll, too much timber or hes just lost a little spark-the change is def there despite still scoring goals.
I want to see Harry receive the ball back to goal take a touch inside and unleash a rocket from time to time, drop his shoulder and hit shots on the turn, beat a man with his first touch, bully defenders.

I think when elite strikers are around for a while they change their game up and turn into more of a goal hanger-look at Ronaldo for example, its been 5 years since he actually ran at defences and terrorised them, he just scores shitloads of goals and hangs around 20 yards from goal-pens, headers, tap ins the very occasional 25 yarder but hes changed.
Bale turned into that player at Real, zero work rate, team play or enthusiasm just try to get stats and get on the end of attacks.(not that its worked for him)
Honestly I think he needs a new manager and tactics, this man is so good in front of goal he should be scoring 40 every season in a top team, to not utilise him correctly is a crime.

More exciting to watch, agreed. But i think he is a better all round player now.
But he's sacrificed what he did best to become that better all round player and since then, despite Son and Moura's best efforts, we're not as good at scoring goals.

Yep....I get what Tottenham Sean Tottenham Sean is saying but for me he matured too quickly.

Poch has a really bad habit of coaching out raw talent too quickly like with Dele.
I dont want 22yr olds playing with 100% discipline.

Kane is playing like the 30yr old veteran at 24.

I’d have preferred five more years of the explosive, care free striker scoring 30 plus goals because he didn’t give a fuck who he was playing against.

If Lloris is that weak he probably isn't a leader.

Hugo should have lost the captaincy when he decided to get pissed shortly before a game and then drove his car

Another bad mistake by Poch which sent out the wrong message to our younger players

Totally irresponsible behaviour by Hugo imv

HE needs to be played as a striker, tip of the sword, he seems to be doing what Rooney was made to do meaning he has to come deep to find the ball and use it. Yes he is a play maker too but we need to deploy him more as a greedy striker than someone who has to come back and get on the ball.

HE needs to be played as a striker, tip of the sword, he seems to be doing what Rooney was made to do meaning he has to come deep to find the ball and use it. Yes he is a play maker too but we need to deploy him more as a greedy striker than someone who has to come back and get on the ball.
The obvious answer is to clone him so Kane Mark I can feed Kane Mark II..........and I'm not even joking!

Fuck Kane off. Fuck Poch off. Sell Son to Utd. And sell the rest for horse meat, dog collars and liniment. Sell the shit stadium, ban popcorn (ffs). Let Levy and Lewis ride off into the sunset with a 2 billion pound profit, and plonk us back in the Isthmian league, if that’s still a thing. Cups of Bovril and like-minded supporters.

Fuck Kane off. Fuck Poch off. Sell Son to Utd. And sell the rest for horse meat, dog collars and liniment. Sell the shit stadium, ban popcorn (ffs). Let Levy and Lewis ride off into the sunset with a 2 billion pound profit, and plonk us back in the Isthmian league, if that’s still a thing. Cups of Bovril and like-minded supporters.
I was just reading this when I saw your post...
BBC News - Celebrating Non-League football

I was just reading this when I saw your post...
BBC News - Celebrating Non-League football
A mate of mine has just gone to Slough Town having spent 10 years at Maidenhead United where he was skipper. Non-League is great. Some of my best nights at football have been at non-league grounds.

I know it’s not the same as when we first saw the pitch at WHL, but days and nights watching your favourite non-league team are a crack if Spurs aren’t delivering. I actually get home with a smile on my face.

The obvious answer is to clone him so Kane Mark I can feed Kane Mark II..........and I'm not even joking!
I still get annoyed thinking about why Poch point blank refused to evolve and develop our strike force over two to three years.

Janssen and Llorente up top
Janssen and Kane
Llorente and Son worked for the odd game
Llorente and Kane
Janssen and Son

Just had no lust or fantasy for anything that didn’t involve Dele, Kane, Eriksen

Piss poor in the end

I still get annoyed thinking about why Poch point blank refused to evolve and develop our strike force over two to three years.

Janssen and Llorente up top
Janssen and Kane
Llorente and Son worked for the odd game
Llorente and Kane
Janssen and Son

Just had no lust or fantasy for anything that didn’t involve Dele, Kane, Eriksen

Piss poor in the end
Feel the same. How many times did he try llorente and kane up top from the start especially against teams with 10 men behind the ball. Always had to fit the favourites in

Feel the same. How many times did he try llorente and kane up top from the start especially against teams with 10 men behind the ball. Always had to fit the favourites in

Yep, how many games did they get when we were 3-1, 4-0 up with 20 minutes left?
No, Kanes Golden Boot came before the team.

Same people defending Poch for taking kane to Tranmere to entertain THEIR fans, also bemoaning that he´s knackered.

Its just a simple fact, Llorente got 2000 minutes in two seasons thats 20 odd games. How many were actually 90 minutes? 3 minutes here, 4 minutes there. The guy cost 15M and had just scored 15 PL goals for Swansea when we bought him. Thrown in the bin.

How many minutes did 22M Janssen get?

Morata was the fucking smart one, then Poch has the nerve to call him a coward in the press.
This place is the graveyard of the careers of our back up.

Foyth just played 90 minutes for Argentina, but he´s "injured" and not "match fit".

Yep, how many games did they get when we were 3-1, 4-0 up with 20 minutes left?
No, Kanes Golden Boot came before the team.

Same people defending Poch for taking kane to Tranmere to entertain THEIR fans, also bemoaning that he´s knackered.

Its just a simple fact, Llorente got 2000 minutes in two seasons thats 20 odd games. How many were actually 90 minutes? 3 minutes here, 4 minutes there. The guy cost 15M and had just scored 15 PL goals for Swansea when we bought him. Thrown in the bin.

How many minutes did 22M Janssen get?

Morata was the fucking smart one, then Poch has the nerve to call him a coward in the press.
This place is the graveyard of the careers of our back up.

Foyth just played 90 minutes for sa mArgentina, but he´s "injured" and not "match fit".
Moura being treated exactly the same. Madness....

Hugo should have lost the captaincy when he decided to get pissed shortly before a game and then drove his car

Another bad mistake by Poch which sent out the wrong message to our younger players

Totally irresponsible behaviour by Hugo imv

I do wonder if that's where this whole thing started? It coincides with when we started playing bad football, and in hindsight that might have been exactly when the players started questioning Poch.

Back
Top Bottom