Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch is useless. He has almost no man management skills. at the beginning he just shipped out or froze out players he didn't like. He can't do that anymore. So, hence where we are.

Poch has lost it.

It's funny how tides have turned... Not calling you our specifically but people used to say the following:

- Poch puts an arm around and mentors players like Shaw, Rose, etc. and gets rid of bad eggs (is that not man management?)
- Poch develops youth (brought Winks in, helped Kane development, Ali, Skipp, Sanchez, Foyth)
- His training methods and attention to detail has the players fitter than ever
- He watches player coming in and out of training so he can read body language and pick-up on any negative energy straightaway

Now it's

- Poch has terrible man management
- Poch doesn't bring enough youth through and only plays the old guard
- His training is way too intense and tires the players out
- He is weird the way he spies on the players

I'm not sure his ethos and tactics have changed, that might be the problem as things might have become stale and a bit boring... It is however interesting to read the things that once made him our saviour are now seen as negatives.

he was never my saviour. blowing the league the year Liecester won it was unforgivable. If we had Mourinho that year, we would have won the league. I'm certain of it. He would have pressured Leicester until they failed. Poch let them have a free ride before the inevitable humiliating collapse.

he was never my saviour. blowing the league the year Liecester won it was unforgivable. If we had Mourinho that year, we would have won the league. I'm certain of it. He would have pressured Leicester until they failed. Poch let them have a free ride before the inevitable humiliating collapse.

Mourinho started that season as reigning champions with Chelsea. And they got 11 points from their first 12 games. He's not a guarantee for success.

I still get annoyed thinking about why Poch point blank refused to evolve and develop our strike force over two to three years.

Janssen and Llorente up top
Janssen and Kane
Llorente and Son worked for the odd game
Llorente and Kane
Janssen and Son

Just had no lust or fantasy for anything that didn’t involve Dele, Kane, Eriksen

Piss poor in the end
He doesn't want competition for Kane, etc, cos he doesn't have the bollocks to drop his favourites.

Watching this England game for two minutes, Kane is so good as a hybrid 9/10. That ball to Sterling was great. I wish he was utilized like this more with Spurs, but it takes away some of his goal scoring threat because he drops deeper or becomes a secondary option. Still, it's something to consider for Poch to have Son/Lucas/Dele make those runs for Kane.

Watching this England game for two minutes, Kane is so good as a hybrid 9/10. That ball to Sterling was great. I wish he was utilized like this more with Spurs, but it takes away some of his goal scoring threat because he drops deeper or becomes a secondary option. Still, it's something to consider for Poch to have Son/Lucas/Dele make those runs for Kane.
This is one of the reasons I want us to play a 4-3-3 (in addition to it providing cover for our fullbacks). Kane would be incredible in a Firmino type role where he can drop back a bit and feed guys like Son, Dele and Lucas wider out on the wings

He was awful today

Great idea to keep playing him in every single game, even meaningless ones, for 90 minutes when he is half fit or even injured.

No way he plays into his mid 30's.

A privilege to watch Kane tonight. Was in the right place twice and just missed out by inches. Great pen. Superb passing. A legend and IMO GOAT.

1ROONEY53
2CHARLTON49
3LINEKER48
4GREAVES44
5OWEN40
6LOFTHOUSE30
6SHEARER30
6FINNEY30
9LAMPARD29
9WOODWARD29
11BLOOMER28
12PLATT27
12KANE27

This is one of the reasons I want us to play a 4-3-3 (in addition to it providing cover for our fullbacks). Kane would be incredible in a Firmino type role where he can drop back a bit and feed guys like Son, Dele and Lucas wider out on the wings
Problem is that’s supposed to happen when he’s 30, not when he’s in his prime.

Problem is that’s supposed to happen when he’s 30, not when he’s in his prime.

Why? Maybe his physical prime was when he was 24?
His mental and technical prime years could still be ahead of him.

He’s had serious ankle injuries season upon season. So if anything it’s a sign he has problems with his ankles. The last one was pretty innocuous.

You’re never going to get full recovery. Each time the ankle gets slightly weaker. Football is littered with players who never made it to their “prime” years.

And chances of the injury recurring are about 25%. So statistically he is already one of those 1in4. He’s not at Wilshere levels obviously.

Really managing his fitness and playing style is key for his longevity.

(After breaking a bone in my ankle and damaging my ligaments I spent a fair amount of time discussing ankle injuries with a physio and generally just reading up on them.
I can’t play football anymore :( ...... )

Back
Top Bottom