Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Harry Kane OBE .

What a fantastic achievement. One of the few footballers who kids can actually look to as a role model.

Nice one Harry. Well deserved . Now score a hat trick to celebrate.

The fucking vitriol out there towards him is unbelievable...if maguire was given one or stones etc I wouldn't give a shit one way or the other and certainly wouldn't be slagging them off....Fuck the haters.

Some twisted old spammer earlier trying to argue that he ain't world class because he relies on penalties, which he clearly doesn't! When I said Dele is a better goalscoring midfielder than Lampard & Gerrard he laughed, even though a large amount of their goals were penalties! Delusional monkeys the lot of them.

Harry will average a goal a game by the time his careers done yet some still won't see how quality he is. He'll become England's all time top scorer as well but yeah they're right he ain't any good because he relies on penalties. Fucking crackheads!

Fantastic today. When he's in the mood watch out premier league. Could go on a decent run of goals over Xmas.

He needs to. Can’t have Aubameyang winning the golden boot.

Just noticed as well, next goal takes him level with Gerrard in premier league goals and in the next few weeks he is likely to surpass Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink, Anelka, Robbie Keane and Yorke in goals. Rapidly surging up the charts.

Last edited:
He's starting to create now and get rewarded for it. The whole team is evolving in an attacking sense. You have Kane dropping deeper than he ever has but now he's making an impact from it. Before, we were all moaning about Kane being in midfield to accommodate the likes of Lucas and Son but it's almost as if our players are finally clicking when Kane drops deep and it's paying dividends.

2014/15 - 5 assists in all competitions
2015/16 - 3 assists in all competitions
2016/17 - 7 assists in all competitions
2017/18 - 4 assists in all competitions

2018/19 - 5 assists in all competitions so far

By the way, 4 of those assists have come in his last 7 games. It's clear that the beginning of the season wasn't working. We all used the excuse that Kane was perhaps a little tired but I think it was simply a new Kane - dropping deeper, adapting his game, creating from deep and now it's simply working because the chemistry has improved and we've obviously worked hard on it in training.

An assist for Kane is as good as a goal for me. He's had a hand in 19 goals this season in 25 games. Pretty damn good.

He's starting to create now and get rewarded for it. The whole team is evolving in an attacking sense. You have Kane dropping deeper than he ever has but now he's making an impact from it. Before, we were all moaning about Kane being in midfield to accommodate the likes of Lucas and Son but it's almost as if our players are finally clicking when Kane drops deep and it's paying dividends.

By the way, 4 of those assists have come in his last 7 games. It's clear that the beginning of the season wasn't working. We all used the excuse that Kane was perhaps a little tired but I think it was simply a new Kane - dropping deeper, adapting his game, creating from deep and now it's simply working because the chemistry has improved and we've obviously worked hard on it in training.

An assist for Kane is as good as a goal for me. He's had a hand in 19 goals this season in 25 games. Pretty damn good.
You're entirely right, and it is objectively better for Kane to be assisting if our all-round play and results are better.

But fucking hell I am petty and want Kane to catch Aubameyang and Salah and stop either winning the golden boot.
:dier:

You're entirely right, and it is objectively better for Kane to be assisting if our all-round play and results are better.

But fucking hell I am petty and want Kane to catch Aubameyang and Salah and stop either winning the golden boot.
:dier:

He will.

I have no doubt - wouldn't surprise me if he is top of the charts by new year in all honesty. Brace against Bournemouth and one against Wolves.

Pleased for him, but they appear to throw these things around like smarties these days...

Mainstream sport stars get enough plaudits (and cash)... Save the honours for when they bring some home... Even then it seems weird to me... Isn't the WC medal itself it's own reward?

"Here's a medal for winning that medal"

It's a relief if it is simply a case of new tactics clicking; Harry not having to run around like a mad-man the entirety of every 90mins will be good for him in the long term (also means should we decide to rest him we can just drop another of our AMs straight in bringing a more natural transition to a 'false 9' model). It makes logical sense to have the naturally athletic players do the hard running. Happy enough in the meantime to know he has it in his locker to go up a gear or beast it as a lone front man when required.

He needs to. Can’t have Aubameyang winning the golden boot.

Just noticed as well, next goal takes him level with Gerrard in premier league goals and in the next few weeks he is likely to surpass Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink, Anelka, Robbie Keane and Yorke in goals. Rapidly surging up the charts.

17th Gerrard 120
16th Yorke 123
15th Anelka 125
14th Keane 126
13th Hasselbaink 127

Not mentioned. At all.

Back
Top Bottom