Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

daily-mail-3.jpg

If he's not scoring, he's assisting.

Becoming even more of a menace for defenders.
Thought he was brilliant today in the first half. He is seeing everything on the pitch and his distribution has been beautiful. When they are both on (which is most of the time lately), he and Eriksen are pretty deadly pulling the strings together.

Could we be looking at the most complete English striker ever? His passing is getting insanely good and seems to be improving all the time.

Quite possibly. He’s a perfect combination of a 9 and 10. He’s like a combination of Lineker, Shearer, and Sheringham, but with better passing.

I love Lloris but really hope Kane becomes our captain at some point. He’s our talisman. He’ll march past Rooney’s England record, and could even surpass Greaves.

He’s an intelligent footballer, so he’ll only improve with age. I remember Forlan’s best years were when he was around 34-35, and I could see Kane still being a major force at that age.

Quite possibly. He’s a perfect combination of a 9 and 10. He’s like a combination of Lineker, Shearer, and Sheringham, but with better passing.

I love Lloris but really hope Kane becomes our captain at some point. He’s our talisman. He’ll march past Rooney’s England record, and could even surpass Greaves.

He’s an intelligent footballer, so he’ll only improve with age. I remember Forlan’s best years were when he was around 34-35, and I could see Kane still being a major force at that age.
Yeah agree, amazingly you are talking about, at least in modern times, three of the most intelligent strikers this country has had, and H genuinely has a combination of the three, intelligence and reading of the game of sheringham, fox in the box ability to be in the right place at right time of lineker and strength, aerial power and score from anywhere skill of shearer, plus uses both feet, has a passing range and ability far beyond any other striker (Messi excepted) in the world. He truly is the ultimate striker, consummate professional and one of our own!!

Yeah agree, amazingly you are talking about, at least in modern times, three of the most intelligent strikers this country has had, and H genuinely has a combination of the three, intelligence and reading of the game of sheringham, fox in the box ability to be in the right place at right time of lineker and strength, aerial power and score from anywhere skill of shearer, plus uses both feet, has a passing range and ability far beyond any other striker (Messi excepted) in the world. He truly is the ultimate striker, consummate professional and one of our own!!
It’s mad to think the hopes of the nation rested with Rooney for so long.

Thank God for Kane!

Could we be looking at the most complete English striker ever? His passing is getting insanely good and seems to be improving all the time.
I actually think his passing has become his greatest strength. He does very complex stuff that the best midfielders in the world specialize in but he makes it look effortless. And he is still scoring all the time. He will have a season eventually, when everything comes together and where he blows every record out of the water.

It’s mad to think the hopes of the nation rested with Rooney for so long.

Thank God for Kane!
Very true!! Rooney was a great player, when he burst on the scene in that euro's there was a feeling of 'fuck! We might actually have a chance with this kid. He broke the goalscoring record, and fair play, you can't take that away from him (although I know a man who can, and probably will!) but he never ever kicked on or learnt it seemed, whereas with H he is constantly bringing more and more to his game and clearly has the desire to be the very best, something you couldn't ever really say for our 'golden generation' hence the bi-annual disappointments we had to endure!!

It's somewhat sad for Rooney that he never played under a decent England manager when he still was a great player, I think the 25 year old Rooney would do pretty good in the current England team, he still managed to score 53 goals for England though.

Back
Top Bottom