Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Deadly at Valencia weren't he!? 15 goals in 20 Champions League goals with them.

Bursaspor x3
Rangers x2
Schalke
Chelsea
Leverkusen
Genk x3
BATE x4

Were the teams he scored against. But I also seem to remember him being pretty good in Europe for us too. 7 goals in 15 games for us.

Deadly at Valencia weren't he!? 15 goals in 20 Champions League goals with them.

Bursaspor x3
Rangers x2
Schalke
Chelsea
Leverkusen
Genk x3
BATE x4

Were the teams he scored against. But I also seem to remember him being pretty good in Europe for us too. 7 goals in 15 games for us.

I know; just still convinced we got sold a snide... :carrollwtf:

I know; just still convinced we got sold a snide... :carrollwtf:

Always felt a bit for him to be honest.

Never ever suited our play, had a personal tragedy and his confidence dipped. ALWAYS worked hard though which we all appreciated. I still remember that moment he scored the winner against Everton, such a great reaction from the fans and the players.

Always felt a bit for him to be honest.

Never ever suited our play, had a personal tragedy and his confidence dipped. ALWAYS worked hard though which we all appreciated. I still remember that moment he scored the winner against Everton, such a great reaction from the fans and the players.

Cult hero in my world.... Up there with Mitchel Thomas.

I agree! As new to this forum and was going to select young Nico as my avatar, however, and I suggest you try a quick Google search to confirm, wow!! Was he not blessed in the looks department! Spent half hour looking for a half reasonable pic and, well, you can see the result!

I agree! As new to this forum and was going to select young Nico as my avatar, however, and I suggest you try a quick Google search to confirm, wow!! Was he not blessed in the looks department! Spent half hour looking for a half reasonable pic and, well, you can see the result!

Don’t know what you mean!

91895.jpg

I'm curious as to whether this milestone is why Harry has been a little off in his general play. Always seems to be a little off just before he hits a mark (E.g. when he was coming up to 100 premier league goals) and then cracks on afterward.

I’ve noticed that too. We know he sets targets for himself, so he’ll be very aware of the major milestones as they come up. Coupled with the lack of rest, it could explain why he’s been a bit off.

Either way, his body language has been considerably more positive recently.

Current All Time Chart

He has a realistic chance to be no.3 by season end

Currently 116 behind Greaves

No. Player Club appearances Total goals Domestic league Domestic Cup Europe Goals per game
1. Jimmy Greaves 379 266
2. Bobby Smith 317 208
3. Martin Chivers 367 174
4. Cliff Jones 378 159
5. Harry Kane 228 150
6. Jermain Defoe 363 143
7. George Hunt 198 138
8. Len Duquemin 307 134
9. Alan Gilzean 439 133
10. Teddy Sheringham 277 124
I've always used the ratio of games played/goals scored to get a true picture on how prolific a striker is. Harry is on a par with Bobby Smith on the figures above and just a decimal point behind Greaves. If he stays fit and more importantly, stays with us, he should smash every record going. Good luck to him in achieving everything he wishes for himself.

He was hopeless today! He can sit in a deckchair all game and do nothing for all I care.

However, if he scores twice I can forgive him.

What a player!
Bit late to the party on this one, but I don't think he had a bad game at all.

As acting captain, he kept the boys going right until the end (where we got our just reward) and to be honest, PSV parking the bus the moment their goal went in meant that he was going to be strangled out of service/space in the box for 90 minutes.

I fail to see any irony in what you wrote.

irony1
/ˈʌɪrəni/
noun
  1. the expression of one's meaning by using language that normally signifies the opposite, typically for humorous or emphatic effect.
"He was hopeless tonight" and "what a player"

Irony is killed when you need to explain it.

C-
Should do better.

Back
Top Bottom