Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Considering the Rooney call-up, let's hope it gives Kane the day off.

Agreed. Let's be honest if Rooney is playing in it then it clearly isn't something the FA or Southgate are taking seriously as these games are supposed to be for experience and growth. For that reason all the boys who could do with an extra week should be nowhere near this game. Sorry but the sentiment of Rooney getting a call up completely makes it lose its importance as far as I'm concerned.

Literally saying to my dad a few moments ago I rate wright as a pundit.

Agree with you also about Kane. We are so lucky to have him.

Also Dr Rocktopus Dr Rocktopus .....

"Good ol Wrighty" is the cunt that got the ball rolling in terms of blaming Kane for our WC exit...

Fuck him and his 'endearingly cheeky laddishness'!

Just cos he's been unbiased enough to credit us some times... Big deal.

That's his fucking job.

Considering the Rooney call-up, let's hope it gives Kane the day off.

If Kane is anywhere near that squad, I'll be fuming!!!

(He will be tho'. :avbnaa:)

HE (Rooney) walked away to extend his career (see: earning potential)..... Why should the FA now help him jump-start his charity at the potential expense of the clubs that feed them (and the England fans he walked away from)?

...Isn't Rooney's profile big enough to do his own marketing, PR etc. off his own back?

Either this match is needed as an essential part of our quest for EC qualification or admit it's meaningless and fuck it off out of the calendar all-togther and leave the players to get on with their day jobs... That whole thing is a fucking shambles... Leave the charity matches to has-beens like Rooney, Williams, Hucknall & East 17, FFS!

Won't be too long before we hear another round of bleating about "no winter break" etc.

Agreed. Let's be honest if Rooney is playing in it then it clearly isn't something the FA or Southgate are taking seriously as these games are supposed to be for experience and growth. For that reason all the boys who could do with an extra week should be nowhere near this game. Sorry but the sentiment of Rooney getting a call up completely makes it lose its importance as far as I'm concerned.

True, but sadly the reality will be different.

A number of reasons while players will feel obliged to participate; least of all FA coercion & the fear of media backlash.

Rooney's playing in the friendly against Trumpland. Hopefully Kane at least won't do the 90 in that, but he certainly will for the Nations League game against Croatia which Rooney will play no part in.

I do a shit ton of cycling and quite often go out in a group. We've got people who cycle everyday so over 350km a week. We see them lose strength and fall behind regularly. Because of this they go back and think they need to train harder and fall further behind not realising rest days do more good than another day training. I also know a chick that cycled 9000km in just over three weeks, she needed nearly six weeks rest to make sure she didn't burn out afterwards.

Rest is super important, I know these players and fitness coaches are aware of that but they just never seem to get a break.

He is.

Impressive from Defoe to hit the same in 10 games less, but most of Kane’s have been in the much tougher competition.

Yeah - the majority of Defoe's goals were all in the Europa League.

Here are their opponents:

Defoe:
Dinamo Bucarest x2
Sevilla
Anorthosis x2
Getafe
Young Boys
Twente x2
Hearts
Shamrock Rovers x2
Maribor x3
Panathinaikos