GYLFI SIGURÐSSON TO SPURS....DONE!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Re: GYLFI SIGURDSSON TO SPURS....MAYBE

Smoked Salmon said:
I think we need to step up now on wages. Too many teams are paying new talent silly money. If what is talked about is within our wage cap then I don't think we should just dismiss it out of hand as unjustified. It's what the market dictates often, unfortunately.
I believe that's called enabling.

If he wants 70k per week, fuck him. That's silly money for a 22 yr old that's only played 18 games in the EPL.
I see absolutely no need to alter our wage policies.

Nxwo4.jpg

VirginiaSpur said:
If he wants 70k per week, fuck him. That's silly money for a 22 yr old that's only played 18 games in the EPL.
I see absolutely no need to alter our wage policies.
Yes, I guess that means Bale's new contract is silly as well. These 22 year olds as top earners, who do they think they are. I mean, Bale couldn't go to Barcelona and pick up £200k a week by the time he's 23 could he? ;)

Invalid argument indeed. ;)

Bale has over 100 appearances for Spurs and personally made the defending Champion's League title winners his bitches.

No comparison.

edit: Why should we match our wage cap for a player that isn't expected to make our starting 11? That's silly.

Some funny posts on RAWK regarding GS apparent decision to join us, including this:

Take out Adebayor, Modric and maybe VdV and do Spurs really have a better squad than ours? Don't think so...

Liverpool need to realise that the name of a team means fuck all these days (hence why Man City can compete with Real fucking Madrid for players)

We have been far better than Liverpool for about 3yrs now, and have a far better looking plan for the next few years.

sammyspurs said:
Some funny posts on RAWK regarding GS apparent decision to join us, including this:

Take out Adebayor, Modric and maybe VdV and do Spurs really have a better squad than ours? Don't think so...

Liverpool need to realise that the name of a team means fuck all these days (hence why Man City can compete with Real fucking Madrid for players)

We have been far better than Liverpool for about 3yrs now, and have a far better looking plan for the next few years.
Where is Liverpool's Bale? Or Parker? Or Vertonghen? Or King? Or Sandro?

Don't have a better squad, ROTFL.

Reina, Skrtel, Suarez (neeeeuuhahaaagreeh :vdvcry: ) only 'top 4 quality' players in they're team. Since Lucas Lieva has been injured all season he has turned into fucking Pele in Liverpool fans eyes, 100% on all that is wrong with that grotty club can be attributed to his absence according to my ever encompassing kopite friends. Easy to provoke a reaction by saying we have 3 better holding midfielders than him :parker: :hudd: :sandro:
HATE LIVERPOOL FANS!!! :parker: :parker: :parker: :parker: :parker:

Apparently, Sigurdsson is AVB's first signing!!!
FFS, we haven't even got a manager, and he's already made a signing... are SSN doing this on purpose to rock the boat if it's NOT AVB?

Oh, and did I mention, I can't Ssssssssssssssssssssssssssstand Brian Ssssssssssssssssssssssswanssssssssssssssssson's fat tongue!

Thing about Sigurdsson is that his reason or not signing for Swans was purely because he wanted to work with Rogers, a manager who understands him and works to his style. If he signs with Spurs, it will be because spurs have offered more wages, that's the only reason, he has no excuse now. Do you really want the player that just wants more money at the club? If he actually does well and somebody else comes in for him, he's off.

Lets be honest, comparing to Liverpool they have a better striker than spurs in Suarez, and Euros proved that Gerard is still a class midfielder (yes better than Parker and VDV) Agger also played really well for Denmark. Spurs clearly have a better midfield in general with Bale Sandro Modric and VDV, and Reina was shocking this season. But if we're completely honest, Modric is obviously gone this year, so if spurs don't reinvest then there could be some trouble next season. manchester clubs will be in the top 3, chelsea have invested and will have a good season, and Woolwich have already signed a couple of decent players (I still think Podolski will completely flop). Liverpool have done fuck all in this transfer window as they like to wait until the last minute and then pay way too much, so they'll probably end up signing Bendtner and Demba Ba and have another garbage year. If they actually make some good signings then they could be fighting again.

spurslovefc said:
Thing about Sigurdsson is that his reason or not signing for Swans was purely because he wanted to work with Rogers, a manager who understands him and works to his style. If he signs with Spurs, it will be because spurs have offered more wages, that's the only reason, he has no excuse now. Do you really want the player that just wants more money at the club? If he actually does well and somebody else comes in for him, he's off.

Lets be honest, comparing to Liverpool they have a better striker than spurs in Suarez, and Euros proved that Gerard is still a class midfielder (yes better than Parker and VDV) Agger also played really well for Denmark. Spurs clearly have a better midfield in general with Bale Sandro Modric and VDV, and Reina was shocking this season. But if we're completely honest, Modric is obviously gone this year, so if spurs don't reinvest then there could be some trouble next season. manchester clubs will be in the top 3, chelsea have invested and will have a good season, and Woolwich have already signed a couple of decent players (I still think Podolski will completely flop). Liverpool have done fuck all in this transfer window as they like to wait until the last minute and then pay way too much, so they'll probably end up signing Bendtner and Demba Ba and have another garbage year. If they actually make some good signings then they could be fighting again.
Don't think his reasonings for not going to Swansea were purely manager based, if you look at it as
1. YAY im joining Swansea :rafaaaa:
2. Managers gone/possibility of fighting relegation :vdvcry:
3. Manager likes me and has gone to Liverpool/less chance of fighting relegation :vdv:
4. The team that has finished 5th and 4th in the last two seasons are offering me more money than the team that finished 7th and 6th :rafaaaa:
Spurs>Liverpool :vdvdive:

Or maybe he sees us as the better fir and feels we have better prospects, we'll never know. I don't think Sigurdsson would have followed Rodgers to a worse club than Swansea.

I don't agree about Gerrard being better than VdV despite having a very good tournament. A tournament doesn't prove anything, otherwise you'd say Bendtner is better than Van Persie. Other than in the striker position, we're better than them nearly all over the park and are also a financially more sound club, with a smaller wage bill who don't spunk huge money on average players (anymore). I don't think they have a good enough scouting system to find gems, which they need.

Gylfi Sigurdsson decide Liverpool or Tottenham Hotspur today says his father Sigurdur Adalsteinsson.
“Gylfi wants to play at the highest level possible - every player wants to do that - but the opportunity has to be right.
“He hasn’t made up his mind yet. There are plenty of clubs interested in him. There are some in Germany, but Gylfi wants to play in England.
“The main aim for Gylfi is to be in as good a team as he can be and play for the best club possible. He is no different to anyone else.
“Liverpool and Tottenham are both in Europe next season so that is not the question.
“I have seen the stories that he is demanding a certain amount of money per week and they are rubbish. He just wants a normal salary and be on the same as other players at the club.
“The bottom line is he just wants to play and the main thing football-wise is to find the right team which will suit him the most.
“It always helps when you know the coach like Brendan Rodgers. He is a very good trainer. But does that mean Liverpool? Maybe, maybe not.
“He is thinking what is best to do and will have a decision by Sunday.”

Back
Top Bottom