GYLFI SIGURÐSSON TO SPURS....DONE!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Re: GYLFI SIGURDSSON TO SPURS....MAYBE

Pffttt...he needs a 39 page long thread before he can be considered as saga-worthy as SuperJan!!

Seems like some ppl think this is a replacement for Luka, but that's wrong. This feels more like a complement to VDV, but it also gives me a feeling that's vdv is on his way away from White Hart Lane..

Even that BBC reporter who has great ties to Liverpool think's he'll be coming to us

[tweet]https://twitter.com/BenSmithBBC/status/217522657506238464[/tweet]

SUUUUUUUUPPPPPERRR SUUUUUUPEEEER JAN
SUUUUUUUUPPPPPERRR JAN VERTONGHEN

na na na na na, na na na na na,

GYLFI SUGURDSSON, SIGURDSSON, GYLFI SIGURDSSON!!! :bow:

Oh, Gylfi Gylfi, Gylfi Gylfi Gylfi Gylfi Sigurdsson!!!!!

Thelonious said:

Ugh, he's really coming in to replace Rafa all around isn't he.

The Nod of Approval said:
penpen said:
Thelonious said:

Ugh, he's really coming in to replace Rafa all around isn't he.

No. We've already sold Kranjcar and are probably trying to sell Bently, Dos Santos and Pienaar. Squad upgrade

I'd really want to believe you. God knows we could have used an effective squad rotation this year. But based on VDV's age, Levy's instincts for when to offload a "depreciating asset", and AVB's tactical predilections, I could very easily see VDV getting sold this summer.

SadlerTHFC said:

"Gimme a 'Gee-eee'.... 'Y-y-yyy'........"

:gio: :bale2: :vdvcry:

Christ we better not waste this guy's talent. Rafa will have injuries and get tired, Gylfi needs to get some games if we sign him.

I also think Gylfi is probably better at free kicks and shooting from long range. Then again, he's joining Spurs so his free kicks will inevitably turn shit.

fjenebeck said:
Seems like some ppl think this is a replacement for Luka, but that's wrong. This feels more like a complement to VDV, but it also gives me a feeling that's vdv is on his way away from White Hart Lane..

Glyfi's starting position is deep like Luka's. He just scores a shitload of direct goals instead of only scoring when the opportunity is perfect. Of course he isn't a like-for-like replacement for Luka, but he isn't like Rafa either.

I think Luka will be first out if it happens though. We might even see Rafa in more of a Luka role in some matches, like he plays for Holland (for 70 minutes anyway).

HyNdZee said:
fjenebeck said:

Glyfi's starting position is deep like Luka's. He just scores a shitload of direct goals instead of only scoring when the opportunity is perfect. Of course he isn't a like-for-like replacement for Luka, but he isn't like Rafa either.

I think Luka will be first out if it happens though. We might even see Rafa in more of a Luka role in some matches, like he plays for Holland (for 70 minutes anyway).

I thought it was undisputed he was played in the CAM role for Swansea in their 4-2-3-1 with Allen and Britton or others as the deeper mids.

Back
Top Bottom