Giovani Lo Celso

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Frankie Boyle tells a story where he was in Belgium with a load of Belgian media people, and they were all swapping stories about national stereotypes. They were very smug about the fact that there wasn't one for Belgians. He said "Hang on, we all think you're boring" - and they all looked very hurt. Boyle said it was a good job that he wasn't allowed to finish his sentence, because he was about to add "peadophiles".

Frankie Boyle tells a story where he was in Belgium with a load of Belgian media people, and they were all swapping stories about national stereotypes. They were very smug about the fact that there wasn't one for Belgians. He said "Hang on, we all think you're boring" - and they all looked very hurt. Boyle said it was a good job that he wasn't allowed to finish his sentence, because he was about to add "peadophiles".
Half of their fake country is culturally French, anyways.

Half of their fake country is culturally French, anyways.

Reminds me of the Jerry Sadowitz joke.

Apparently (I have no idea if this folk lore), he opened a comedy gig in Montreal with ‘Hello Moosefuckers. You know why I hate Canadians? Half of you speak French and the other half let them.’

He was supposedly chased off stage that evening.

Hold my hands up, I was wrong about the option.

It is CL not EL apparently.

:mourbye:

Genuinely think there is a real chance this means he won’t get the chance under Jose, because it’s an extra 40 mill for his transfer kitty next season.

If we do miss out on top 4

Genuinely think there is a real chance this means he won’t get the chance under Jose, because it’s an extra 40 mill for his transfer kitty next season.

If we do miss out on top 4

Next summer there will be a number of players we need to buy - possibly including LB, RB, CB ( possibly two), DM, back up striker and GK.

The biggest constraints on buying atm is not money ( although that always helps) it's both identifying the "right' players and also clearing out the current squad ( perhaps Wanyama as he has hardly played for 2 years).

There's plenty to deal with without adding Lo Celso to the list.

If Mourhino decides Lo Celso is a decent player for Spurs, he will stay.

A bigger question is where is he capable of playing ?

Atm Dele has been resurected as no 10/2nd striker and with Son in good form that leaves one first team place at AM shared between Moura, the ever injured Lamela, possibly Sessegnon, possibly Sissoko, Eriksen if he stays....and Lo Celso.

We probably need 5 or 6 options going forward so plenty of room for him to secure a place - if he shows the right attributes.

At CM we have Ndombele, Winks, Dier , Skipp and possibly Sissoko - but probably none of those places nailed down.

It's 3 matches into Mountinho" s reign so not surprised that most players have not been nailed down into their places - and we actually have a big squad. With some 25 players.

Think things will be clearer in January.

Next summer there will be a number of players we need to buy - possibly including LB, RB, CB ( possibly two), DM, back up striker and GK.

The biggest constraints on buying atm is not money ( although that always held) it's both identifying the "right' players and also clearing out the current squad ( perhaps Wanyama as he has hardly played for 2 years).

There's plenty to deal with without adding Lo Celso to the list.

If Mourhino decides Lo Celso is a decent player for Spurs, he will stay.

A bigger question is where is he capable of playing ?

Atm Dele has been redirected as no 10/2nd striker and with Son in good form that leaves one first team place at AM shared between Moura, the ever injured Lamela, possibly Sessegnon, possibly Sissoko, Eriksen if he stays....and Lo Celso.

We probably need 5 or 6 options going forward so plenty of room for him to secure a place - if he shows the right attributes.

At CM we have Ndombele, Winks, Dier , Skipp and possibly Sissoko - but probably none of those places nailed down.

It's 3 matches into Mountinho" s reign so not surprised that most players have not been nailed down into their places - and we actually have a big squad. With some 25 players.

Think things will be clearer in January.
I rather keep Lo Cleso than Lamela - the former is clearly finished with us in terms of consistent fitness

Back
Top Bottom