Gent v Tottenham

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Appalling display. Lost for words, really. We were that bad. I don't know what's going on with Kane at the moment but he better figure it out or soon the season will be over and we'll be playing for jack shit.

Why? A short hop over to Belgium to play a bunch of second raters' 2nd team. Why is that so hard? I went there last summer, I didn't crash, I didn't hit anyone. I even worked out their chip machines on my own.
No, we played badly for us Joe. I don't know much about Gent but I know they are not bad defensively and by tonight's reaction they played out of their skins.
We obviously are finding it hard mentally and obviously our squad replacements are nowhere near good enough, even against players they are aware of at home. We look half the team with a few changes.
We got done by Dnipro in 13/14. (and young boys in CL) not one of the players tonights 18 started that game under Tim.
Of that 18 only 5 are still here, Vertonghen and Rose( who started) Kane, who got 5 mins, Eriksen 25 and Onomah who got nothing.
3 months later Pochettino took over.
We ain't lost yet, but we need to liven up.

I do have one ongoing accumulator which, if it comes through, will net me back £130 thus more or less wiping out my loss tonight.

All I need is for:

Juventus beat Palermo
Man City beat Huddersfield
Celtic beat Motherwell
Chelsea beat Wolves
PSV beat NEC
Sevilla beat Eibar
Barcelona beat Leganes
PSG beat Toulouse

:llorishuh::pochshock:
Cool it mate. I speak from experience. Do it like CJJ CJJ - silly little £1 bets.

I wrote a pretty long post in the Liverpool thread about why we won't go anywhere with an away form so poor, pointing to Europe as a banana skin.

And to my complete non-surprise, we perform shit away from home, yet again.

Who in that starting 11 can score goals? Kane and Alli. That's it.

Relying on 2 players to win you a game isn't good tactics, it's madness. Son and GKN should have started.
I do think lack of goal scorers is the heart of the problem. It was the problem in November/December and then we scored freely but again it is not happening.
With Eriksen and Son on the bench and Lamela and Rose injured we only had Kane and Dele that have confidence to score. How many times do Dembele, Wanyama, Winks and Sissoko instead of trying to score look for a pass to someone else when they get close to the opposition box. It is ok for a couple but not 4 players in the same match. GKN and Onomah are no better. Last season we did not have the injuries to Kane and Lamela and we had Chadli.

I do think lack of goal scorers is the heart of the problem. It was the problem in November/December and then we scored freely but again it is not happening.
With Eriksen and Son on the bench and Lamela and Rose injured we only had Kane and Dele that have confidence to score. How many times do Dembele, Wanyama, Winks and Sissoko instead of trying to score look for a pass to someone else when they get close to the opposition box. It is ok for a couple but not 4 players in the same match. GKN and Onomah are no better. Last season we did not have the injuries to Kane and Lamela and we had Chadli.
When Dembele took on half their team, beat them had a chance to shoot, and probably score, with his right but couldn't. He also slows the game down a bit.
I like Dembele but it's no use beating players like they are no there only to play it wide.
I can't work him out.
jack of all trades but master of none.
If only he had vision.
If only he had golascoring instinct.
So frustrating, like having a 13 inch cock and only can get a semi.
Playing him alongside Wanyama means you must have creativity and goals in front.
I think we would have been better starting with winks alongside Wanyama and starting Eriksen.
The ball would have gone forward quicker from winks and we would have had more creativity when it got there.
One thing I gleaned from tonight is that Sissoko is not good enough and that Winks needs to be found a spot.
He's ready.

Plenty of stunningly awful European results In Our history away from home. It's going to be next thursdays result that counts most. And generally we seem to turn these things around. In a lot of ways winning this shit competition by playing shit has at least a feeling of irony about it.

That said, to me it looks a lot like United are winning this & We are limping to 4th spot & will be back in the Europa league next season....:lamelaaghh: it's how we roll :)

Tonight....If we had gotten Shitsoko & GKN from Charlton on a free transfer double deal in the summer I would, after tonight, be questioning the value of the deal. That there is suggestion the club "paid" £41 million pounds for them two is beyond laughable.

All those weeks in a Travel lodge training alone in the summer for GKN must have completely fucked him up as he looks more like a bad Onomah impersonation each time I see him ( check the hair do ) what exactly were we so desperate to sign this joker for ? I remember how awful Jose Dominguez was and he was better than this joker & Shitsoko, man you are stealing a living ! How he's even in the bench ? But starting a game ? God almighty why oh why did Levy sign him ?

Not excusing any of the other limp dick performances tonight, but for me those two sum up a few of the continuous doubts about where we truely are at.

I wrote a pretty long post in the Liverpool thread about why we won't go anywhere with an away form so poor, pointing to Europe as a banana skin.

And to my complete non-surprise, we perform shit away from home, yet again.

Who in that starting 11 can score goals? Kane and Alli. That's it.

Relying on 2 players to win you a game isn't good tactics, it's madness. Son and GKN should have started.

Oh my, Jayc in post-match "I told you we would lose"-shocker.
As unpredictable as a Gibbs "tiny dancers"-tweet

:pocheyes:

I'm not having a go mate. Just get yourself down there for the 2nd leg.
I know you aren't. Already sorted the night off work, my lad is travelling down, Groupon meal in Knightsbridge & hotel at Wembley booked so no fucking about on the tube after the match. Same routine as CSKA, hopefully the same result, with us going into the hat for the next round.
:tobyarm:

I know you aren't. Already sorted the night off work, my lad is travelling down, Groupon meal in Knightsbridge & hotel at Wembley booked so no fucking about on the tube after the match. Same routine as CSKA, hopefully the same result, with us going into the hat for the next round.
:tobyarm:
Love those 6 courses. Glad you're meeting up with your son. Have a good one Bolton.

Back
Top Bottom