Gent v Tottenham

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I wrote a pretty long post in the Liverpool thread about why we won't go anywhere with an away form so poor, pointing to Europe as a banana skin.

And to my complete non-surprise, we perform shit away from home, yet again.

Who in that starting 11 can score goals? Kane and Alli. That's it.

Relying on 2 players to win you a game isn't good tactics, it's madness. Son and GKN should have started.

So if Gent score next week, and they probably will, we'll need 3.
With no decent striker options available to take the game to them.
How fucking pathetic. We deserve better than this

Never mind it's only one nil. Hardly a battering.
Thing is we have too many games. Fulham is going to another tough game against a team who will be up for it, playing out of their skin against Tottenham.
Then we have a league game followed by the return leg.

Can't get Vertonghen and Rose back quick enough.

Tonight was the night to give ourselves a break over the next week, but we do this.

Its like the Emperer's New Clothes with us.
Someone needs to go in that dressing and say.
"You are not in the title race. You are not good enough to play around at the back. You are not good enough to not run, and harass teams. You are never going to win anything playing like this, because you are not good enough to play like this.......now go and say sorry to those poor fucking Yids"

2-2 against city
4-3 against league 2 wycombe
0-0 against bottom placed sunderland
1-0 win against boro
2-0 loss to liverpool
1-0 loss to gent

Wtf? So vertonghen and rose get injured and we have seemingly completely fallen apart afterwards. We need new CB cover and new LB cover because that says to me that davies isn't good enough, nor are we any good with a back 4 at the moment

Given our line up, tonight was not nearly good enough in terms of the result. But the performance wasn't the worst and it's hardly a result that means no recovery. So, frankly, not that bothered.

Don't be fucking daft. He picked a strong team. The players have been shit. He didn't ask them to play like cunts.
Well I could have picked a strong team too if it's only down to that but i'm sure we would have lost more heavily... the manager needs to motivate the team and have a plan B... Poch clearly didn't do/have that today

Dier gets megged and Davies poor effort at a very straight forward blocking of the ball. Both at fault for the Genk goal. Their miserable week continues.

What do you expect?

We could play Wimmer and Toby, a proven partnership that coped very well last year.

Instead we fuck about playing people out of position, for god knows what reason.

Toby-Dier-Wimmer or Toby-Dier-Davies or Toby-Wimmer-Davies. Yet we don't do any of this.

Time to go back to a back 3.

Back
Top Bottom