Gareth Bale

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Are we Woolwich now? Calling united our rivals :baletroll:

Really though I get what you mean, I see them more as fighting for a CL place than 'title challengers' this year. Thought that would be the case last season mind.

Technically we are all competing for one of the 4 CL spots

Same with Modric / Chelsea few years back - thought Levy did very well, taking a few pessos less and selling overseas to Madrid. Same way Utd sell most of their 'stars' overseas just to be safe - with the exceptions of few of course

80M for Bale? Are you being ridiculous. Ronaldo went for that sort of money and he was easily a better player. He is touted at that sort of value now and is still a much better player.

£80M is ridiculous. But only because it is too low!
Player value changes when you have one if the worlds top top players. They are far more commercially viable which is why big clubs can pay big fees - they make so much in shirt sales and exposure it's crazy.
Bale does things no one else can, apart from Messi and Ronaldo. He is younger than them. Continues to get better every year. Good every season for several years now. Ultimately it boils down to the fact that ALL the big clubs want him because he is guaranteed to improve them and help them win trophies. There are not many of these players around, especially at lower clubs. So he will go for £100M (next summer) unless he stays which is unlikely in my view...but not impossible.

Also, as others have pointed out the market has moved a lot. Hence why we may pay the same fee for Benteke that Man U paid for Rooney!!

Read an "article" saying that Real Madrid have kept the number 11 shirt free for Bale.

The same number 11 shirt I imagine Granero had before he joined QPR in January.

That and they haven't released their squad numbers yet for this season.

Getting really pissed off with clubs trying to unsettle Bale now. Why can't Man Utd accept Levy is not a man to be fucked with when it comes to transfers especially one of his own players? And going in at £60 million despite the fact Ronaldo went for £80 million is just cheeky as hell IMO. If Ronnie had went to another PL club then there's no way £80 million would have covered it they'd have held that motherfucker at ransom for more or told other clubs to bolt. Sorry United but for the insult Sandro is gonna set about you at the Lane this season. Sandro does not take kindly to this blatant pisstakery :sandro:

Are we Woolwich now? Calling united our rivals :baletroll:

Really though I get what you mean, I see them more as fighting for a CL place than 'title challengers' this year. Thought that would be the case last season mind.

It's not an outrageous claim. If you look at their squad...primarily midfield they don't look like a CL capable team. I rate Kagawa and Giggs was fantastic in his day and can still play a bit...but lightning doesn't strike twice. 6th place finish if the squad isn't overhauled.

It's not an outrageous claim. If you look at their squad...primarily midfield they don't look like a CL capable team. I rate Kagawa and Giggs was fantastic in his day and can still play a bit...but lightning doesn't strike twice. 6th place finish if the squad isn't overhauled.

Oh I know I've no problem with calling them a rival now, I think they will be fighting for CL this year rather than the league.

I keep thinking, the kit launch the bt thing, the times square advert, the FIFA cover, theres no way we'll sell him, then i remember we are Tottenham.........

Back
Top Bottom