Gareth Bale

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just for the record:

Gareth Bale's move to Real Madrid is still one of Florentino Pérez's biggest achievements.

The contract between Real Madrid and Tottenham Hotspur - accessed by MARCA through 'Football Leaks' - is dated 31st August 2013, the day before the transfer window slammed shut and the club announced the signing. The agreement minus certain confidential information like account number, telephone numbers... - shows the exact final amount: 78,171,930 pounds sterling or 91, 589,842 euros.

However, the total amount payable varied depending on Real Madrid's chosen method of payment. If paid in cash, after subtracting the 5% solidarity mechanism clause - included in a separate annex -, the total payable is 87,010,350. If paid in instalments, that figure is close to 100 million: 99,743,542 euros in four annual payments.

Tottenham covered themselves against the possibility of Real Madrid selling Bale to a fellow Premier League side

The first three payments totalled 23,689,101, the first of which was to be paid ten days after finalising the transfer deal; the next two were due before 24th July 2014 and 2015.

Tottenham covered themselves against the possibility of Real Madrid selling Bale to a fellow Premier League side. Until the 30th June 2019, Spurs have the right of first refusal on any bid for the Welshman, a condition that expires 72 hours after Real Madrid inform the North Londoners of any offers received.

Furthermore, had Real Madrid sold Bale to any other Premier League outfit before 1st September 2015, 'Los Blancos' would have had to pay Tottenham 10 million pounds.

Article 15 of the deal stated that the only figure which Real Madrid could put out into the public domain was the 78 million-pound (91 million euros) transfer fee.

Just for the record:

Gareth Bale's move to Real Madrid is still one of Florentino Pérez's biggest achievements.

The contract between Real Madrid and Tottenham Hotspur - accessed by MARCA through 'Football Leaks' - is dated 31st August 2013, the day before the transfer window slammed shut and the club announced the signing. The agreement minus certain confidential information like account number, telephone numbers... - shows the exact final amount: 78,171,930 pounds sterling or 91, 589,842 euros.

However, the total amount payable varied depending on Real Madrid's chosen method of payment. If paid in cash, after subtracting the 5% solidarity mechanism clause - included in a separate annex -, the total payable is 87,010,350. If paid in instalments, that figure is close to 100 million: 99,743,542 euros in four annual payments.

Tottenham covered themselves against the possibility of Real Madrid selling Bale to a fellow Premier League side

The first three payments totalled 23,689,101, the first of which was to be paid ten days after finalising the transfer deal; the next two were due before 24th July 2014 and 2015.

Tottenham covered themselves against the possibility of Real Madrid selling Bale to a fellow Premier League side. Until the 30th June 2019, Spurs have the right of first refusal on any bid for the Welshman, a condition that expires 72 hours after Real Madrid inform the North Londoners of any offers received.

Furthermore, had Real Madrid sold Bale to any other Premier League outfit before 1st September 2015, 'Los Blancos' would have had to pay Tottenham 10 million pounds.

Article 15 of the deal stated that the only figure which Real Madrid could put out into the public domain was the 78 million-pound (91 million euros) transfer fee.

Interesting.

Bale rejects new Real Madrid deal, alerts Manchesters United and City

TOP STORY: Bale rejects new Real Madrid deal, alerts Manchesters United and City
Gareth Bale is set to snub a contract extension at Real Madrid, which has alerted both Manchester United and Man City, paving the way for a transfer tug-of-war this summer, according to Tuttomercatoweb (via The Sun).

Bale has enjoyed a bounceback season in La Liga, and Los Merengues hope the Welshman will pen a new deal until 2021, but the former Spurs star is tempted by a return to the Premier League. The 26-year-old could now be the prime target for both Pep Guardiola and Jose Mourinho, should the latter replace Louis van Gaal at Old Trafford this summer.

Well, no way is Levy going to pay the guy £300k a week or whatever astronomical sum is that Real gave him to sign up. So United or City are pretty much the only realistic destinations by the process of elimination. So the story is basically totally made up.

He's made a shit load of money at the expense of his career. If he looks back & thinks Madrid was a good career move for him...then he's a bigger cunt than his advisers. He's never been loved there & certainly lives in Ronaldos shadow. I hope he ends up In Manchester. Lived around there for most of my life & I couldn't wish anything worse on any human being.

Couldn't give a fuck. Don't want him back at Tottenham. Completely against what Poch is building. I hope he fucks off to Leicester.
Bale at his best, back at the Lane, would be magical. But I have to agree that the cunt made his bed & should be made to lie in it. I don't think Poch would entertain it either.

He's made a shit load of money at the expense of his career. If he looks back & thinks Madrid was a good career move for him...then he's a bigger cunt than his advisers. He's never been loved there & certainly lives in Ronaldos shadow. I hope he ends up In Manchester. Lived around there for most of my life & I couldn't wish anything worse on any human being.
Hmm. I wouldn't say that winning the Copa del Rey and Champions League in the space of three seasons is 'at the expense of his career' though...
:kanehand:

Hmm. I wouldn't say that winning the Copa del Rey and Champions League in the space of three seasons is 'at the expense of his career' though...
:kanehand:
He's been a bit part player mate. Not the fulcrum you'd expect from the world's most expensive signing. Has been unavailable through injury for a third of his time there.
Maybe I'm bitter (yep, I am) but he has not set la Liga alight & will never be loved there. He won't ever be a Real legend... I'm confident of that. So he got to play for them, never reached the personal performance heights he did with us, remained injury prone, & stayed forever in CR7's shadow. Plus he has had some slating off the fans & the media.

He's been a bit part player mate. Not the fulcrum you'd expect from the world's most expensive signing. Has been unavailable through injury for a third of his time there.
Maybe I'm bitter (yep, I am) but he has not set la Liga alight & will never be loved there. He won't ever be a Real legend... I'm confident of that. So he got to play for them, never reached the personal performance heights he did with us, remained injury prone, & stayed forever in CR7's shadow. Plus he has had some slating off the fans & the media.
Oh, I definitely agree with you in terms of not being loved over there. I seem to recall that Benitez wanted to start building the team around Bale's talents (which is understandable considering Ronaldo's age), but we all know how that managerial story ended up.

Real Madrid fans must be some of the most unbearable arseholes out there. It was definitely Bale's dream move, but that must make it sting a bit when the fans get on your back (which, as you pointed out, they did).

There's a part of me that would have him back in a heartbeat - but then my brain kicks in and I realise that, although I loved some of the football he played for us, I never loved him anywhere near as much as the current crop of players.

Oh, and there is no way on God's green Earth than Daniel Levy would spend that much on a player and his wages: especially a player whose value will depreciate like crazy after the age of 30 because speed is such a vital part of his game.

I would have Bale back in a nanosecond. He would be absolutely terrific for us in the CL. Can you imagine the buzz and the lift he would give the team and our young players? Don't understand why anyone would not want one of the worlds top players.

Imagine if we had him on the right instead of sissoko. Wonder if Real would be interested in doing a swap. Gareth Bale for Moussa Sissoko, Tom Carroll and 36'000 second hand blue seats...

Back
Top Bottom