Gareth Bale

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If it's true then it's not an appropriate bid. I watched one of his highlight vids earlier today and the things he can do puts him about a value of £60M. It's just not enough for a player of his ability, marketability and resale value in the future. I don't think Levy will even blink unless its over £80M and this summer, I'd expect it would have to be closer to £100M for Levy to sale this summer.
So it just makes me laugh that bid, if true.

He'll leave next summer to Madrid, PSG or whatever, for £100M plus.

We'll see. 65m is a lot

If we were to sell him then we need to do it on Levy day.

Sell Bale now and the transfer price for every conceivable target goes through the roof.

Do people really think that he would go there? Bit odd to think so considering he wants out of the country because of the media...
The media thing doesn't really ring true. Sure he'd prefer Madrid but if they don't bid and Woolwich and Liverpool do strike a deal, he'd move rather than stay put.

We'll see. 65m is a lot

It's not though. Because were talking about arguably the third best player in the world. he isnt an ordinary player so his value is measured differently. It's nowhere near the player's value even if we wanted to sell. Another season will almost certainly increase his value further as well as the money we will make from him being a Spurs man for another season commercially (and the likely better league position we'd achieve).

Even if he wanted to go this season (and I don't see evidence of that) there is no way Levy will sell now - there is no benefit to selling now over next summer (which brings significant benefits).

Gawd! How many years has GB got left on his contract? How much is CL money per year? How much is tv money per year? Are we in debt? How much £££ did Real float around the press? Is Daniel Levy a cunt?

I’m pretty sure the mail and mirror have already sold bale about 10 times this window to Madrid and for a lot more money. Just rubbish to make United look good after this whole Rooney PR car-crash.

If it's true then it's not an appropriate bid. I watched one of his highlight vids earlier today and the things he can do puts him about a value of £60M. It's just not enough for a player of his ability, marketability and resale value in the future. I don't think Levy will even blink unless its over £80M and this summer, I'd expect it would have to be closer to £100M for Levy to sale this summer.
So it just makes me laugh that bid, if true.

He'll leave next summer to Madrid, PSG or whatever, for £100M plus.
Different story if we do something special this year like maybe win the title!!:thumbup:

Back
Top Bottom