Fulham VS Tottenham Hotspur. Carabao Cup. Tuesday 29th August 2023. Craven Cottage 19:45pm KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

we are trying to build a team that can play on all fronts ange cannot do that if he cannot see all his players in competitve matches so what he did was fine for me because we are on a rebuild with a new manager.

we are trying to build a team that can play on all fronts ange cannot do that if he cannot see all his players in competitve matches so what he did was fine for me because we are on a rebuild with a new manager.
I see the point you’re trying to make but the method here is just totally wrong. I totally get needing to evaluate the whole squad in real matches, but the way to do that is rotate 3ish players per match.

the XI that played today had no chemistry and it showed.

I still back Ange but he got tonight totally wrong and it’s OK to say he did, just hope he learns from it.

I also thought the Scarlett sub was just strange, not a like for like at all and Scarlett barely touched the ball for 30 minutes. Didn’t get that one bit.

Lots of question marks after that one. Ange is only human but bit concerning on some of these decisions. Pretty pissed still. Hope we sign some players in the next 48 hours.

You can rotate all Celtic players and still win away vs Haggis FC, this doesn't work in the Premier League. I hope he learned that now.
To be fair it's the same mistake that Poch, Conte, Mourinho have made. Fuck knows why though, think he would have learned a lot about our deadwood squad tonight.

I see the point you’re trying to make but the method here is just totally wrong. I totally get needing to evaluate the whole squad in real matches, but the way to do that is rotate 3ish players per match.

the XI that played today had no chemistry and it showed.

I still back Ange but he got tonight totally wrong and it’s OK to say he did, just hope he learns from it.

I also thought the Scarlett sub was just strange, not a like for like at all and Scarlett barely touched the ball for 30 minutes. Didn’t get that one bit.
As he mentioned, he wants to find out about his players

Poch took the risk against Villa and "discovered" Kane. Ange took the risk with Scarlett.

The keeper aside, all were involved in pre season and most are seasoned pro.

I dun think Ange is overly unreasonable. But hopefully he now knows we are short and make full use of our final hours of transfer window

Don't think Ange has many options. Almost guaranteed he's been briefed that top 4 takes priority. So much for the I want to win everything philosophy.
Listen to his press conf. Either total BS or complete disrespect for spurs fans. Basically said “how else I’m gonna see what they are like” thanks MATE! Has he not seen videos of them! What about the fans at the gane they’ve seen them enough times they don’t need to see they are shite again. Most we are trying to sell any way so why does he need to see them. How about respecting the club and fans and play a strong team as we want to see our team win.
For all recent Ange hype his done himself no favours with that gane tonight. Team selection, bud reason for it, half time sun of Dane wtf was that about, after going level not doing anything to keep it up and let Fulham back in, too late with subs, Sanchez taking a pen, etc. sorry but as a lot of people on the channels have said this is all on Ange . And to for him to say it was do that he could see the players is unbelievable. At least fucking own up and say you hit it Sri g and apologies to the fans that went for probably one of the worst halves of football for ages. Imagine if Jose or conte served that up!

Listen to his press conf. Either total BS or complete disrespect for spurs fans. Basically said “how else I’m gonna see what they are like” thanks MATE! Has he not seen videos of them! What about the fans at the gane they’ve seen them enough times they don’t need to see they are shite again. Most we are trying to sell any way so why does he need to see them. How about respecting the club and fans and play a strong team as we want to see our team win.
For all recent Ange hype his done himself no favours with that gane tonight. Team selection, bud reason for it, half time sun of Dane wtf was that about, after going level not doing anything to keep it up and let Fulham back in, too late with subs, Sanchez taking a pen, etc. sorry but as a lot of people on the channels have said this is all on Ange . And to for him to say it was do that he could see the players is unbelievable. At least fucking own up and say you hit it Sri g and apologies to the fans that went for probably one of the worst halves of football for ages. Imagine if Jose or conte served that up!

Oh shut up.

One loss and you’re turning on him already?

There’s constructive criticism and then there’s this.

If we bounce back with an entertaining win against Burnley, I fully expect you’ll be nowhere to be seen on here.

Spurs fan my doughnut-munching fat bum.

Come back from the game.

David Howells was sat in front of me.

Away support as usual was cracking, sang all game. Putney End was literally bouncing, which was disconcerting given it is basically all temporary scaffolding.

First half shit, eventually grew into in the second half.

But we've learnt no lessons from previous years. As I said in my post before the game, if we play the second 11 and rotate too much it'll end up being like Sheffield United all over again.

I wouldn't criticise Sanchez for missing a penalty, I've not read the thread but I can imagine the comments. Plenty of players have missed, penalties is a lottery. Shows once again his character for being willing to step up. Booed off and he still puts in the effort and takes responsibility, so kudos to him for doing that. He may lack quality, but I don't see anyone else who wanted to step up.

Personally I'd have said Son, Deki, Maddison, Scarlett and PEH should have been our 5 takers.

I knew we'd lose the shoot out, Forster is beyond useless at penalties. Literally got nowhere near any of them. Totally different to Gollini when we won against wolves 2 seasons ago. Forsters attempt at diving was beyond ridiculous. All in slow motion.

Same old shit, don't treat the trophies with respect and you'll never get rid of the trophy less AZ tag. The club deserve what they get with that attitude. Unfortunately we as paying fans don't deserve that!
Well said. I don't feel like I'm the only Loon. Its not acceptable that 12 managers were ignored and cast aside. Under our current ownership, Money trumps Glory.

Good for Angie again to see a ton of these lot need selling and can't be trusted.

The only second string player I'd trust to come into the first 11 is royal personally
Even his crap tell me one thing he did today either in defence or attack? His new role means basically the whole of the right defence area is covered by RCB. His in the centre circle all the time never showing fir the ball. It’s pure madness to leave CBs so exposed and have no options.

Everything tells me - from the starting 11 and to the nonchalance of Forster- that management (Ange included) have set achieving top 4 in the league as the main priority.

I'll throw you another quote:

It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aiming low. At Spurs we set our sights very high, so that even failure will have in it an echo of glory.”
We really Aimed High last night. We we're almost on City Level. And the Echo of last night's glory will remain for seasons to come.

What a load of Crap. Managers at Spurs are not Managers. They are Glorified Coaches. The manager is more interested in buildings and revenue.

Big Ange, Conté, Jose all came hoping to change things but end up conforming to Levys wants. Fans are like Drug addicts waiting for their fix of Bullshit. Supporters stand isolated because Fans out number them.

Shocking isn't it? I mean the sheer fucking audacity to want your club to try and win a trophy. To have the nerve to complain that the gaffer rested nine and played the likes of Sanchez who has historically been an absolute pillar, a monolith, the glue that holds the foundations of the stadium together, he's never been known to make a costly mistake, he's also an amazing penalty taker.

Gaffer did nothing wrong, all these entitled brats bitching and whining that we haven't taken a cup competition seriously for about a decade.

How very dare they.

Now go back to sleep, there's a good chap.
The serial moaning poster who finds fault in everything, because he knows everything and is capable of providing consultancy services to elite level managers who do not possess his prescient skills.
If only the manager had all your experience - save my club I beg you, throw off the shackles of having to hide behind your pseudonym and reveal yourself as the saviour of THFC and help the poor fool at the helm deliver a river of silverware and success.
None of us mortals knew that everything was as simple and obvious as you have shown it to be.

All we needed was a self opinionated no- mark poster on an internet forum to put us all in the picture. Put the club on speed dial pal, until Ange sends a limo for you, because as soon as he finds out that god's chosen one is available he's going to move every mountain to have you on board.

WE ARE SAVED!

We really Aimed High last night. We we're almost on City Level. And the Echo of last night's glory will remain for seasons to come.

What a load of Crap. Managers at Spurs are not Managers. They are Glorified Coaches. The manager is more interested in buildings and revenue.

Big Ange, Conté, Jose all came hoping to change things but end up conforming to Levys wants. Fans are like Drug addicts waiting for their fix of Bullshit. Supporters stand isolated because Fans out number them.
The quote was from Bill Nicholson by the way. Heard of him?

Back
Top Bottom