Fulham v Tottenham Hotspur sat March 16th 17:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Newcastle away last season was a disgrace. We still have deadwood at our club to shift. Been a good servant but davies needs to go, royal, forster, hpijberg. Were in better shape than a year ago when we were on our knees. Need a top striker in summer though. Cant keep pinning hopes whether parrott, scarlett devine or veliz might come good. Top striker needed with veliz as back up.

And Johnson and Werner?

Son put in an effort pressing but can’t do it on his own and apart from that had a poor game not that anyone stood out

Way i see it jose and conte left us a mess. Ange has had to mop it up. Kane left. Ange has lifted the club. Top 4 will be great come end of season. Europa decent. Its all about next season.
Well if that's the case, the mess was caused by the cunt who employed them. And the problem is, he's still fucking here. And it's been all about 'next season ' for the last 24 fucking years

Considering our lack of European football and no domestic trophy participation all season, and with only the league to focus on, I'd rate it as the most pathetic performance since the Newcastle shambles last season.

Limp, weak, soft, and seemingly lacking any desire or motivation whatsoever
When your captain comes out and condemns the lack of effort when you have practically a full squad to choose from and have had a full week to prepare for the game it's alarming.

There is something very wrong at the club for them just to rock up and as a man decide they aren't going to fucking bother.

Well if that's the case, the mess was caused by the cunt who employed them. And the problem is, he's still fucking here. And it's been all about 'next season ' for the last 24 fucking years
Be our 25th anniversary soon . Daniel will do something appropriate to celebrate. Alan Pardew incoming as manager , the silver haired dance god .

Manchester United Dancing GIF

For our 40th year of ENIC contact with Ruby Wax already made about a big career change

Of course it’s mentality. When there’s an opportunity to achieve something important we fall apart.

7 straight FA Cup semi finals lost. The way we lost the CL final. The way we fell apart in the league last season. As a club we lack grit and ambition.
It never changes. Personnel might but it’s always the same. There’s something in the water at the club that makes us weak as piss every year.
Hard not to disagree with any of that...

It seems to be in the DNA.... Which, coincidentally is an anagram of DAN! :levystare:

Just sayin'!!

When your captain comes out and condemns the lack of effort when you have practically a full squad to choose from and have had a full week to prepare for the game it's alarming.

There is something very wrong at the club for them just to rock up and as a man decide they aren't going to fucking bother.
But it's not a shocker though is it, it happens every season under manager, players or system.
Club is spineless, gutless from top to bottom.

I didn’t expect yesterday’s performance. I can’t explain it. What happened to cause that?! Makes me wonder if there is something going on at the club behind the scenes which has unsettled everyone all of a sudden? Ange approached by Liverpool perhaps? I don’t know what else can result in such an out of place performance of such shite as that all of a sudden.

I didn’t expect yesterday’s performance. I can’t explain it. What happened to cause that?! Makes me wonder if there is something going on at the club behind the scenes which has unsettled everyone all of a sudden? Ange approached by Liverpool perhaps? I don’t know what else can result in such an out of place performance of such shite as that all of a sudden.

Me too mate

Really looking forward to a convincing win and cement 4th and we get a shitshow like that!

Me too mate

Really looking forward to a convincing win and cement 4th and we get a shitshow like that!
It just looked wrong too, it wasn’t just bad luck or an off day even. The players looked bothered and normally when the opposition scores first it galvanises this team and they know they will a score and go on to hopefully win but that attitude just wasn’t there yesterday. I don’t understand it at all.

I could've posted this in the manager thread or the ENIC thread as well as this one, we seem to have had an attitude problem throughout the club since the 1990's, and possibly before that to some extent.
We've had some great players and top managers, and I've blamed them all to a degree at the time, but none of them have been able to take us to the next level, so maybe it is down to the owners, Scholar, Sugar, Levy, who only seem to be in it for the money.
We need owners who want to be successful on the pitch and win trophies, and won't accept mediocrity, and hopefully that attitude will filter down from the top.

4th place was in our hands and we bottled it. Simple. We have done it countless times.

Now we might still recover but wilting when the pressure is on is hardly something new.

The attitude problems have been around for years and maybe it's time we start looking at how the players are being managed/coached behind the scenes and the level of protection they feel they have from ABOVE the manager.

I didn't like it when they all got a two week break while everyone else was warm weather training, sends the wrong message imo, it told them they could "relax" in the middle of a season when in reality they needed to be more focused than ever.

Managers like Pep and Klopp are intense, their expectations are sky high and it bleeds into the players, that's what makes them special, they don't believe in time off and breaks because they are ruthless wankers who want nothing more than to win at any cost and the performances their teams give consistently replicate that.

Ange wants to win, that much is clear but it takes more than just saying you want to win and repeating it ad nauseam, all managers want to win but you have to be fucking ruthless and show that poor attitude and not putting 100% in will have consequences.

Yesterday he allowed that clown show to continue after that woeful first half and what kind of a message does that send?

If he wants success he has to let these lazy players know that anything less than 100% will not be tolerated and show that with his actions, that's how to build success at a club.

I could've posted this in the manager thread or the ENIC thread as well as this one, we seem to have had an attitude problem throughout the club since the 1990's, and possibly before that to some extent.
We've had some great players and top managers, and I've blamed them all to a degree at the time, but none of them have been able to take us to the next level, so maybe it is down to the owners, Scholar, Sugar, Levy, who only seem to be in it for the money.
We need owners who want to be successful on the pitch and win trophies, and won't accept mediocrity, and hopefully that attitude will filter down from the top.

Not going to happen when Enic have the fans as their cash cow

Bleak future imv

There is absolutely no way Ange gets anywhere near the Liverpool job, mate.

Back
Top Bottom