Fulham v Tottenham Hotspur sat March 16th 17:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We concede far too many goals because of the way we are set up, its quite simple really. The only way you win games if you concede this many is to have a seriously good front 2 or 3 and outscore the oppo. We have an ageing Son playing as a number 9 when its not his position, and everyone else simply doesnt score enough
An ageing Son is far from the issue. Ronaldo couldn't have scored in our team. If we want to play with wingers, at least get TWO who are earnest crossers and runners.

So in a nutshell, what has happened? Brainfarts or just battered?
Watched us wrestle control in the 2nd half then fall behind then haven't seen anymore
We were trash, there was a brief moment for like 10 minutes when the subs came on that we did better but that was about it.

first season, huge change in management and the squad. Sold out best ever player all after finishing 8th. To even compete for UCL is progression from last season. Stupid posts like this are just hilarious
Been a hard drop since the Chelsea match, taken its toll on everyone I think. The flying start raised expectations and the crash back to reality has exaggerated negative feelings, IMO.

Before the season I said all I wanted was to see if Ange was more Poch than Nuno, turn over the squad, develop an identity, and qualify for Europa.

✔️✔️❔✔️

Sometimes it feels like we have a smashing new identity, but in that majority of matches since February it feels like old Spurs creeping back in.

Humiliating.

Outsung by Fulham in the Putney end too which I’ve never heard before.

Walking away from their place having lost twice in a season is pathetic.

At least the players came over and properly acknowledged the fans who had stayed.

Fuck football.

TBh...it has to be a mentality issue at this point...beat villa 4-0 and get destroyed by fulham....just sad.

Of course it’s mentality. When there’s an opportunity to achieve something important we fall apart.

7 straight FA Cup semi finals lost. The way we lost the CL final. The way we fell apart in the league last season. As a club we lack grit and ambition.

Better get a fucking apology from the club after this and recognition that we are not good enough.

Very lucky to still be in contention of a CL spot after the shit few months of wank ball we’ve had to endure. And yes, we have been shit despite result, if you don’t see this, you’re blind. This result has been coming for a long time.

Should be like in Germany and France when the players are hauled in front of the fans and have to apologize.

Biggest criticism I have of Ange is that in a 4-2-3-1 one of the midfield players needs to be defensive minded. Far too open all day.
Biss is just not his usual self anymore. I hope he can admit that. Or at least Ange can admit that by not starting him anymore until he finds his groove. The pairing of Biss and Sarr is losing the efficiency we saw in the beginning of the season.

Back
Top Bottom