Fulham v Tottenham Hotspur sat March 16th 17:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

the-sun-22-23-match-stats-75c62171-f6c9-4198-b9ed-54e2c6c5849f.png

we are fixated with passing/passes

Tbh mate, I don't think Sonny's saying we should have gone out there and broken come oppo legs.

.....The thing is, it's all well and good Sonny saying such stuff, but he had 90mins (+HT) as captain to drag a more committed, determined performance out of the players.

"Didn't put the effort in" are words we should never be subjected to.

Second time he’s said similar this season

Klopp joined 6 weeks into his first season (5th Oct).... He'd had as good as 2 full seasons in the job by that by the time he finished 4th.

His first season he finished 8th on 60 points.

Put it another way....

This is Ange's 30th match in all comps.....

Klopp 15/16 = 53
Klopp 16/17 = 47

..........That's more than 3 x the amount of matches Ange has had so far.

I’m honestly getting sick of this club. The reality is that the excellent start is covering over some awful defeats.

This team cannot defend. And when you can’t defend and can’t score….

Remember no club has ever started so well and NOT finished top 4. We are on track to do just this now.

Fulham won every ball and Ange just stood there. It’s baffling what his tactics are at times. Sometimes you need to stop the bleed. But he can’t seem to do it, we were on the ropes and didn’t cover up at all.

Brighton away 4-2. Wolves lost to them twice. Shipped how many goals now ? The only reason he is in the job still is that fast start to the season, that’s going to read brutal and at times it’s been lovely to watch, but consistency is missing, and it’s so important at the highest level. If you can’t win do what you must to draw or protect your GD. Didn’t even do that. Again !

What a waste of time.
Harsh. But I can’t disagree with any of it. I am concerned by the way over idealistic approach. Maybe I’m still scarred by Ossie’s episode. But fuck me there is a schizophrenic level of inconsistency throughout this season - and a complete abandonment of pragmatism at times.

Today was utter garbage from top to bottom. Awful defending, impotent and lazy attacking. Absent midfield. Just shite on a plate. Dish after dish.

Not a massive surprise given we play a more possession-based style of football now.

The amount of possession lost (often needlessly, with heavy touches), misplaced passes and lack of forward momentum was completely unacceptable. As is Sonny talking about a lack of effort when we play one game a week with an almost fully-fit squad. Early doors for Ange but he also dropped the ball with such late subs - Silva's plan worked again and again.

Last thing this team needs is another 2 weeks off... but we go again at Luton.

Sonny thought we were shit too:

Have to say I’m tired of this kind of pretend emotional drama. A bit like the huddle in front of the fans. Either do the business or shut the fuck up. Son was dreadful today. Barn doors and banjos aplenty.

Yet we produced plenty of chances to score, and should have scored.

xG had us down for like 2.5 goals. My eyes had us down for at least 2, and thought they got fucking fortunate with 2 of their goals - though probably should have scored one they failed to make contact with in the 6 yard box.

Normally it's us that are pretty clinical with our chances. Wasn't today, which is rare.

Those are the types of fans that have got us into the groundhog day situation every season. Acceptance of being bent over and fucked as though its some weird test of devotion and it makes them a better fan. It's the footballing version of being a simp. For our previous history and what the owners say we are and what the level they charge us for we should be demanding better.
Nailed it. Simps on here pay attention.

I honestly can't think how people think we are a top 4 club when son don't turn up or vdv don't play we look a club 10 th we are so overrated and above where we should be .Fact is it just showing

Same problem we have had for a wile now, we are easy to set up against.

Our full backs push up and we play a high line. Long balls onto the wings catch us out every time.

We have no target men for crosses, so other teams do not fear giving away free kicks, as a result they can press and foul our attackers with confidence that we will likely play the free kick short and backwards.

Man mark Son and Maddison. The wide players can have the ball, since ultimately there is nobody in the box for them to aim at. Play an extra man in midfield to our number our late runners into the box.

I honestly can't think how people think we are a top 4 club when son don't turn up or vdv don't play we look a club 10 th we are so overrated and above where we should be .Fact is it just showing
Because 4th place isn't actually that good. Teams getting 4th drop points in a lot of games.

We have finished 4th enough times for you to realise that.

When Kane left we had no chance of top 4. Now it's Son and VdV? Maybe Romero, Vicario too?

If we didn't have any players we would struggle to remain an active football club, but we always have some pretty good players, and often enough for a top 4 finish.

Not a massive surprise given we play a more possession-based style of football now.

The amount of possession lost (often needlessly, with heavy touches), misplaced passes and lack of forward momentum was completely unacceptable. As is Sonny talking about a lack of effort when we play one game a week with an almost fully-fit squad. Early doors for Ange but he also dropped the ball with such late subs - Silva's plan worked again and again.

Last thing this team needs is another 2 weeks off... but we go again at Luton.

Sometimes I reckon the smash/grab quick counter attack style suite us better than that frequent side way passing slow/indirect style. When Romero slows down from the back.. or kulu slows down sliding inward momentum is lost. Son, BJ, Werner.. they are all no good in congestion
Our Ultra high defence line is more bane than boon. They say we have the best goalie & CBs in the whole EPL:ange-arms:

p/s the fighting c0ck was limp against Fulham

Back
Top Bottom