Fulham v Tottenham Hotspur sat March 16th 17:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Maddison (since returning from injury) in the midfield 3 hurts us more then helps us but Ange doesn't see it and allows our opposition to continuously bypass us without trying anything different.

Kulu should be dropped, Maddison on the left and Johnson on right going forward.
Pack the centre with Bentancur , Bissouma and Sarr.
Bar a few solid games at the start of the season, Bissouma's Spurs career has been a joke. And not the fun kind.

If Hoj or Skipp had been playing like he has for months, they'd have got stoned to death in public.

That is why he had us finish top 4? :contehmm:

The same was said about :mourwhat:.

Funny how elsewhere, they seemed to bring some form of silverware to every team they managed.

Forget this Spurs DNA bullshit. No matter what style of football the manager plays, they can only be as successful as they players they have. When those players are bought because of their potential and not their ability to play the football that the managers wants, you get terms like "Spursy" evolving.
Come on the football was like watching paint dry under Conte and we still won nothing. That was a very poor performance today but at least it hasn’t been dull this season and we still have a chance of 4th.

Worst performance of the season follows our best.

Really bad day at the office. Credit to Fulham who played well.

Front three were fucking atrocious. All of them should have been hooked much sooner.
We were pretty terrible over Christmas the night we ended up 4-0 down at Brighton.

I’m honestly getting sick of this club. The reality is that the excellent start is covering over some awful defeats.

This team cannot defend. And when you can’t defend and can’t score….

Remember no club has ever started so well and NOT finished top 4. We are on track to do just this now.

Fulham won every ball and Ange just stood there. It’s baffling what his tactics are at times. Sometimes you need to stop the bleed. But he can’t seem to do it, we were on the ropes and didn’t cover up at all.

Brighton away 4-2. Wolves lost to them twice. Shipped how many goals now ? The only reason he is in the job still is that fast start to the season, that’s going to read brutal and at times it’s been lovely to watch, but consistency is missing, and it’s so important at the highest level. If you can’t win do what you must to draw or protect your GD. Didn’t even do that. Again !

What a waste of time.

Season 5 Idk GIF by NBC

Meh.
Gone beyond anger, as I said awhile back after being dumped out of fa cup. Not fussed about 4th , and not sure what to make of wat I just watched .

People will pick out individuals all night, as replacing kulu or whoever wouldn't changed anything today.

To get a better outcome we'd need to have changed the entire team except Romero, and to a certain extent timo and hojbjerg. The only ones who showed a crumb of fight and just composure imo.

The rest of them garbage, not sure how they slept but they just plodded about, didn't track, didn't fight and could barely pass.
Started from the top with son with some horrible passing and touches throughout, lazy, and bled through the entire team. With the 3 cm of maddison, sarr and bissouma being the worst...bissouma especially so . Udogie also rolling up like the whole affair was beneath him

Ange will learn a lot more from that game than the villa one . These bunch lucky they can disappear for a couple weeks I think

Last edited:
Maybe tonight was just the result we needed to focus everyone’s minds on the run in and ensure we take no result going forward for granted!

/sending out some glass half full positivity to balance out the incoming shit storm! 😂

It never changes. Personnel might but it’s always the same. There’s something in the water at the club that makes us weak as piss every year.
It stems from the top, there is no expectation or requirement from the board to the players to win trophies, the requirement is to try and get CL football, fill the stadium and stay on the gravy train. The punters are expected to buy the four kits every season, fork out for the most expensive tickets in world football.

And you still get gormless twonks on here buying into the next Five year plan.

It's ok though... We play exciting football.

It's high time everyone recognized the problem and gets on the Levy out train.

These performances will keep coming because there is no demand or drive from the top to win things, it's that fucking simple.

Been a hard drop since the Chelsea match, taken its toll on everyone I think. The flying start raised expectations and the crash back to reality has exaggerated negative feelings, IMO.

Before the season I said all I wanted was to see if Ange was more Poch than Nuno, turn over the squad, develop an identity, and qualify for Europa.

✔️✔️❔✔️

Sometimes it feels like we have a smashing new identity, but in that majority of matches since February it feels like old Spurs creeping back in.
Agree. The identity was there even after the Chelsea game with all the injuries. Look at games against villa and west ham, creating tons of chances but not scoring. Then then the city game. Took them toe to toe with a full back defence. Fast forward to the city home cup game. We played like a Jose/Conte team and have ever since apart from last week..too slow sideways backwards passing. The identity of fast tempo pressing without the ball has completely gone. That's what's most worrying for me.

All we can do is give Ange another summer window. Villa are just as up and down as us. Still think we will make it.

On a pretty bad run, the underlying stats don't lie.

As odd as it may sound this performance wasn't that much different than villa to me.....Vs villa things went for us and in this game the reverse. At our current level we're not good enough to beat the upper midtable teams away from home with any consistency.

It is what it is. Hopefully we can make some good signings in the summer and develop the young talent we have.

Back
Top Bottom