Fulham v Tottenham Hotspur sat March 16th 17:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Those are the types of fans that have got us into the groundhog day situation every season. Acceptance of being bent over and fucked as though its some weird test of devotion and it makes them a better fan. It's the footballing version of being a simp. For our previous history and what the owners say we are and what the level they charge us for we should be demanding better.

The funny thing is, many those 'fans' who abuse, mock and defile all our previous managers....from AVB to Mourinho......from Pochettino to Conte, are the very people who are keen to suck off and idolise the man who hired and fired them all 😆

There really is some strange phenomenon going on here :sonhmm:
you were questioning Ange literally in this thread.

You could see it working in the first full season. Finished fourth, gegenpressing was there, they just needed to go out and get a half decent defence together.
You can definitely see Ange ball working but instead of a defence, we need an entire front three.

Harder to come by than a defence. Especially with Scrooge McBargainBin as chairman.

You could see it working in the first full season. Finished fourth, gegenpressing was there, they just needed to go out and get a half decent defence together.
Surely the same could be said for the first part of our season under Ange?

Admittedly, Injuries, International call ups and poor performances have followed.

Surely the same could be said for the first part of our season under Ange?

Admittedly, Injuries, International call ups and poor performances have followed.

I’m in no way saying we haven’t shown clear progress under Ange. I think anyone who does say that is being very harsh.

He’s done pretty well. Just because Klopp did x doesn’t mean Ange does the same but the start has been decent and worth keeping him for sure.

Anyway I'm flying over for Luton with the flights from Dublin, tickets, London hotels etc it's about €600 all in, but I fucking love this club and it'd be great to meet All Some of you!

:angehug:

I’m in no way saying we haven’t shown clear progress under Ange. I think anyone who does say that is being very harsh.

He’s done pretty well. Just because Klopp did x doesn’t mean Ange does the same but the start has been decent and worth keeping him for sure.
no, sure but it does show with Klopp, Arteta etc he needs at the very least all of this season and next to see where we're going.

Badly need an upgrade on our wingers in the summer. We simply aren't threatening or dangerous enough with the likes of Johnson, Werner, Kulu.
The whole front line needs replaced or better options. We won’t improve if we don’t. These guys can’t keep the ball and are so erratic every game. We can never build up pressure because in one attack it’s great then the next three it’s lose possession easy which relieves any pressure we have.
Sonny needs to be better and than what he showed as we should be able to rely on him. Every decision our front players made was wrong. They all have good attributes but it can’t be so inconsistent every single game. Anyone who wants to throw out stats to say that these players are doing enough need to use their eyes. They need to do more because they are capable.

I don’t get too up or too down with the results or performances because I know it’s a work in progress but today in the final third really annoyed me. It all annoyed me but that’s football.

thats my point we have a good back 4
we have in sarr a good midfilder
kloop had still bad games even when he finished fourth

well like we do this season
a part from 2day we had some pretty cool games

The frontline, especially on either wing, needs upgrading pronto but an even more urgent fix is how we get the ball in to them, because at the moment we can't.

The opposition puts a man on Bissouma every game, and block up the space our fullbacks used to float into, if Sarr hasn't got space to run into he gets stuck in that deep right Sissoko position, and Maddison has zero patience and comes to pick the ball up off the centrebacks shoelaces. The ball goes nowhere and is then eventually given away.

Simply must tweak the possession structures and patterns because most weeks the opponents have twigged what we're about and what we'll try to do.

well like we do this season
a part from 2day we had some pretty cool games

Think we had a great start to the season but since then haven’t put together any serious form.

We’re 13th for expected goals conceded. I’m yet to be convinced that we have much defensive structure. We have an effective high press and try and make it scrappy in midfield but when that fails we’re so easy to get at it. Vicario in fairness has been really good and a big part of earning us a lot of points.

There were some wide open fucking spaces for Fulham today. Wide open. It was so infuriatingly easy for them to play. That can’t happen consistently. Ange can’t coast on attacking intent, fun press conferences and bravery forever.

We’ve progressed but must start kicking on more and more now injured players are back. Next season we should expect to see us be a lot more consistent. I’m happy SO FAR but I’m not on the ‘give him however much time he needs’ train as I don’t think his career before us has earned it.

So disappointing today, it was like they were all eating lasagne again before the game. No urgency, really poor press, especially compared to the previous week, front three were virtually non existent, as was most of our midfield. You could single out any number of players for poor performances, but it was probably Udogies worst game since he arrived, but very unlike him. Werner missed one of the sitters of the year, but still showed more in his cameo role than Johnson did for his stint.
Not going to read too much into it, hopefully just too many having an off day and still plenty of games to redeem ourselves.
It is unlikely to happen but travelling fans should be reimbursed for that shambles.

You can definitely see Ange ball working but instead of a defence, we need an entire front three.

Harder to come by than a defence. Especially with Scrooge McBargainBin as chairman.
THIS THIS THIS.

Its the massive fly in the master plan. Start next season with a front three of Oshimen Son and Williams all good. Werner and Johnson....nah. we will be fighting perpetually for 5th to 6th and we need to get that level now before United and Chelsea get there acts together.

Defo trolls, same ones every week who rear their collective ugly heads in a wake of a loss, something to do with Conte was right just because he spoke some home truths or some shit like that bearing in mind the guy didn't give one shit about our club and only took the job to boost his own ego and fill his pocket whilst acting as if he was doing us a favour managing us, weird how so many fans take to him, guy was a complete bell end.

You actually replied to your own post..here

You are literally having a conversation with yourself ..:harrylol:

Defo trolls, same ones every week who rear their collective ugly heads in a wake of a loss, something to do with Conte was right just because he spoke some home truths or some shit like that bearing in mind the guy didn't give one shit about our club and only took the job to boost his own ego and fill his pocket whilst acting as if he was doing us a favour managing us, weird how so many fans take to him, guy was a complete bell end.

Too right, you really showed Shadydan with that response!

Klopp joined 6 weeks into his first season (5th Oct).... He'd had as good as 2 full seasons in the job by that by the time he finished 4th.

His first season he finished 8th on 60 points.

Son taking a leaf out of my book. We are too soft. People complained the other week when I said we should target Watkins. We are naive and can’t manage football matches.

View: https://x.com/fabrizioromano/status/1769110475667628413?s=46&t=iEaWUqHxKoZgFwd7iE42Mg

Tbh mate, I don't think Sonny's saying we should have gone out there and broken some oppo legs.

Yeah, it's a bit shades of Michael Dawson's "the lads are hurting, we need to bounce back" when we'd take a tonking under AVB

.....The thing is, it's all well and good Sonny saying such stuff, but he had 90mins (+HT) as captain to drag a more committed, determined performance out of the players.

"Didn't put the effort in" are words we should never be subjected to.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom