Fulham V Tottenham Hotspur… Monday 8pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well done to our away fans last night. Loud and proud all through the match, which was fucking boring.

Interesting that at no point did the commentary team mention ALL the noise coming through was Spurs fans. They didn't mention how audible the Levy out chants were and how regularly they could be heard.
I’m not Enic Out but I’ve no problem with people who are chanting it. The commentary team did mention it twice and said it was anti ownership. Neville (or Carragher) also mentioned the fans ar against the ownership

A win last night wasn’t what I expected and so pleased to be wrong. More importantly (for me) the players put a shift in a were gritty. After some pretty pathetic performances at times this season they showed, to me at least that they are still with Conte.

January is a difficult month for transfers but the board should really try to help him now. If not does it say they don’t expect him to stay beyond the end of the season? Maybe…
3 points from a low xW, can't complain about that!

When the Man City fans started singing "have you ever seen Tottenham win the league", I told a little white lie and shouted across I have!!! Although I was alive in '61, I was a five year old in Malta then and didn't even know what football was. But they didn't need to know that and it shut a couple of them up too! :)

Good for you

I was seven and have been hooked ever since!

Good system that Xg thing, isn't it?
Not a load of cobblers at all.

xG is used by football clubs and has directly been mentioned by Klopp, Tuchel & other managers, but I expect you know best.

I get when you get to a certain age it might get annoying to see progress made in data analysis that you can't quite grasp, but that doesn't mean the analysis is wrong, just your perception of it.

Subjectively they may not be better than us, but they have the best defensive record in the league by some distance. Two of their defenders walk straight into our team. One of which used to be ours.
Trippier for sure. Conclusion there is obvious (don't force players to perform when they have an underlying groin injury and then complain when they aren't happy)

It's subjective as long as you don't want to agree. Let's make this plain:
  • The Spurs squad is head and shoulders better than that of Newcastle
  • They currently sit 3pts ahead with a game in hand.
  • Both teams are currently playing pretty shit football in the hope of accruing points for CL
  • Forget Irving Scholar and the Lakers. This is real life.
  • Conte has a question to be answered. Not committing to a contract just gives questions not answers.
If you think bankruptcy aka Leeds is the right idea then you need to look at your life more than the club I hope to pass down to my son. He wears his retro shirt with pride.

I think we should too.

When the Man City fans started singing "have you ever seen Tottenham win the league", I told a little white lie and shouted across I have!!! Although I was alive in '61, I was a five year old in Malta then and didn't even know what football was. But they didn't need to know that and it shut a couple of them up too! :)
Ha! I was gestating at the time but nevertheless, I remember it well
KbpA8eR.png

I’m not Enic Out but I’ve no problem with people who are chanting it. The commentary team did mention it twice and said it was anti ownership. Neville (or Carragher) also mentioned the fans ar against the ownership
Were you watching the Sky coverage? I don't recall either of the numpties saying anything.
I don't watch before or after chat. It's all nonsense.

I'm with you. I don't want to be Leeds (in any way shape or form). BUT

I don't see the "ENIC Out" as anything more than:

Bet the fucking farm on Gvardiol and Hakimi.

I'm with you. I don't want to be Leeds (in any way shape or form). BUT

I don't see the "ENIC Out" as anything more than:

Bet the fucking farm on Gvardiol and Hakimi.
Good to see that you’re trying to understand the other sides view. You’ll notice that the main issue they have is that we haven’t bought Hakimi.

I was also shouting that too. 7 years old at the time.

We win a scrappy game and the same old people perpetrating the same old arguments come out of the woodwork, "What's wrong with you we are winning?" "Don't be such a miserable cunt" "Sign of a good team to scrape 1-0 wins"

It's all bollox.

The fact is we didn't really do enough to win last night, Kane won the game with a moment of sheer class and then the defenders managed not to flubb it by giving away their customary goal.

The football was still disjointed, we still created very little on the night. We even gave the ball away constantly in our own third, its just Fulham weren't good enough to exploit what other teams might have exploited.

Don't get me wrong, I was praying for the final whistle and well pleased we won.

But we can't keep glossing over the issues and pretending they are just going to go away if we all sit around a circle sing Kumbaya and happy clap the lads on.

That first half was another appalling first half in a long string of appalling first halves.

We need players and for me we need a change of manager and a clearout of the same players who haven't been good enough but are still at the club years later, we all know who I'm talking about.

Were you watching the Sky coverage? I don't recall either of the numpties saying anything.
I don't watch before or after chat. It's all nonsense.
Sky coverage yeah. One was very early into the game then again maybe early second half? Can’t remember exactly tbf

Hairy’s Post Match Thoughts

1. REALLY needed those three points, just to keep interest up if nothing else. Nothing like battling Fulham for that coveted Europa spot.
2. Training regiment for next week: Trap-pass-trap-pass-trap-pass-trap-pass-trap-pass-trap-pass……..
3. Amazes me how many passes went to NO ONE in particular
4. If we are a counterattack team, :contehmm: we need a keeper who can clear/punt further than the mid line
5. Royal seems to have upped his defensive abilities, but his attacking is atrocious.

Last edited:
xG is used by football clubs and has directly been mentioned by Klopp, Tuchel & other managers, but I expect you know best.

I get when you get to a certain age it might get annoying to see progress made in data analysis that you can't quite grasp, but that doesn't mean the analysis is wrong, just your perception of it.
I use data and analysis on a daily basis, but you see - the data and analysis is built on facts and realities, so its meaningful and actually drives development.

I have spent my who professional life adapting to change, and embracing new tech and new ways of doing things - I work in telecomms you silly person, and I'm still doing it in my 60s.
Xg is a fallacious, load of codswallop driven by human failings, guesswork and a desire to make a sport into a science, which they will never be, as long as they are played by humans.

But the gullible will believe what they are told

"Look at the King! Look at the the King! Look at the King, the King, the King!
The King is in the all together
But all together the all together
He's all together as naked as the day that he was born.
It's all together the very least the King has ever worn."

We win a scrappy game and the same old people perpetrating the same old arguments come out of the woodwork, "What's wrong with you we are winning?" "Don't be such a miserable cunt" "Sign of a good team to scrape 1-0 wins"

It's all bollox.

The fact is we didn't really do enough to win last night, Kane won the game with a moment of sheer class and then the defenders managed not to flubb it by giving away their customary goal.

The football was still disjointed, we still created very little on the night. We even gave the ball away constantly in our own third, its just Fulham weren't good enough to exploit what other teams might have exploited.

Don't get me wrong, I was praying for the final whistle and well pleased we won.

But we can't keep glossing over the issues and pretending they are just going to go away if we all sit around a circle sing Kumbaya and happy clap the lads on.

That first half was another appalling first half in a long string of appalling first halves.

We need players and for me we need a change of manager and a clearout of the same players who haven't been good enough but are still at the club years later, we all know who I'm talking about.
and you wonder why I complain about our dreadful "supporters"
Take a look at yourself.

Do you really think that its only you "that really get's it?"

Do you think the people who don't bitch and whine can't see it?
Are you so up your own arse, that you think you are the only one who can pick out the weak links, the under performing players and the lack of direction?

You're not.

But fuck me - we all hear you.

Last edited:
I use data and analysis on a daily basis, but you see - the data and analysis is built on facts and realities, so its meaningful and actually drives development.

I have spent my who professional life adapting to change, and embracing new tech and new ways of doing things - I work in telecomms you silly person, and I'm still doing it in my 60s.
Xg is a fallacious, load of codswallop driven by human failings, guesswork and a desire to make a sport into a science, which they will never be, as long as they are played by humans.

Yes, you know more than football clubs or elite managers, just because you say vague, meaningless shit like sport isn’t a science. Well done.

Mug of hot cocoa and bed time.

Tell Danny Kaye that. :levylol:

Back
Top Bottom