Fulham V Tottenham Hotspur… Monday 8pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A Tottenham clean sheet

GIF by Saturday Night Live

When the Man City fans started singing "have you ever seen Tottenham win the league", I told a little white lie and shouted across I have!!! Although I was alive in '61, I was a five year old in Malta then and didn't even know what football was. But they didn't need to know that and it shut a couple of them up too! :)
We were there.....nearly...and of course 2 fa cups in the same time frame...Leicester 2-1..and Burnley 3-1??

I use data and analysis on a daily basis, but you see - the data and analysis is built on facts and realities, so its meaningful and actually drives development.

I have spent my who professional life adapting to change, and embracing new tech and new ways of doing things - I work in telecomms you silly person, and I'm still doing it in my 60s.
Xg is a fallacious, load of codswallop driven by human failings, guesswork and a desire to make a sport into a science, which they will never be, as long as they are played by humans.

But the gullible will believe what they are told

"Look at the King! Look at the the King! Look at the King, the King, the King!
The King is in the all together
But all together the all together
He's all together as naked as the day that he was born.
The King is in the all together
But all together the all together
It's all together the very least the King has ever worn."
People will ALWAYS believe what they want to believe
Don't let facts get in the way of your fantasies...

Yes, you know more than football clubs or elite managers, just because you say vague, meaningless shit like sport isn’t a science. Well done.

Mug of hot cocoa and bed time.
"vague, meaningless shit like sport isn’t a science."

really?

Show me any science journal, educational establishment or seat of learning that lists any sport in amongst those subjects that are designated as sciences.

I'll be astonished if you can.

I don't doubt that science is used to drive sports (Biology in nutrition, human physiology, and aspects of physics and chemistry)

But sport is sport. It doesn't behave as a science, because it is a play activity for humans, who have brains that can make any number of decisions to determine the outcome of any number of situations.

ie - it's basically unpredictable

"vague, meaningless shit like sport isn’t a science."

really?

Show me any science journal, educational establishment or seat of learning that lists any sport in amongst those subjects that are designated as sciences.

I'll be astonished if you can.

I don't doubt that science is used to drive sports (Biology in nutrition, human physiology, and aspects of physics and chemistry)

But sport is sport. It doesn't behave as a science, because it is a play activity for humans, who have brains that can make any number of decisions to determine the outcome of any number of situations.

Champions league winner & roundly considered one of the strongest minds in football Thomas Tuchel talking about how Chelsea, one of the biggest, wealthiest clubs in world football, use xG as part of their methods.

On the other hand, Mick Cooper thinks its nonsense so that's that, really.

Champions league winner & roundly considered one of the strongest minds in football Thomas Tuchel talking about how Chelsea, one of the biggest, wealthiest clubs in world football, use xG as part of their methods.

did you not see this bit

The result is too often misleading in football, such a huge factor is also luck and bad luck in games?

science is the established laws of being able to deal with natural phenomena and behaviour of chemical, physics and biological realities.
Sport is playtime and humans can be given the same circumstances time and again and can - and will make different decisions every time, which when multiplied out by the other humans participating doing the same thing, and making spontaneous decisions - makes the prediction and expectancy of outcomes an unpredictable lottery.

If you don't understand that, then I am genuinely sorry for you, and would suggest that you employ a guardian to walk you through what remains of your life.

did you not see this bit

The result is too often misleading in football, such a huge factor is also luck and bad luck in games?

science is the established laws of being able to deal with natural phenomena and behaviour of chemical, physics and biological realities.
Sport is playtime and humans can be given the same circumstances time and again and can - and will make different decisions every time, which when multiplied out by the other humans participating doing the same thing, and making spontaneous decisions - makes the prediction and expectancy of outcomes an unpredictable lottery.

If you don't understand that, then I am genuinely sorry for you, and would suggest that you employ a guardian to walk you through what remains of your life.

Mick Cooper continues to chat absolute nonsense after his initial response was rubbishing the utilisation of xG which is something most top clubs/.coaches do and thus perfectly valid to post without some old moron deciding to pick his 10th E-Fight of the day over.

Au revoir.

Didn't chelsea sack him?

Mick Cooper continues to chat absolute nonsense after his initial response was rubbishing the utilisation of xG which is something most top clubs/.coaches do and thus perfectly valid to post without some old moron deciding to pick his 10th E-Fight of the day over.

Au revoir.
Yesterday he picked a fight with someone because they said they don’t find Michael McIntyre funny, and he told them to try to be as successful as him.

Maybe he should try to become a pro football manager and win the champions league

Au revoir.
Oh wow..
You are a poor loser, aren't you?

Old
Moron (mentally deficient)
and troublemaker.

I just offered you a perfectly rational argument - and your rebuttal was to offer up a person who uses the system - who denounced it, for the same reasons as I do.

Yesterday he picked a fight with someone because they said they don’t find Michael McIntyre funny, and he told them to try to be as successful as him.

Maybe he should try to become a pro football manager and win the champions league
Is that picking a fight?
There was me pointing out the discrepancy between someone calling the guy "shit" and me pointing out the millions of people who think otherwise, and making him a multimillionaire, might indicate that his opinion might be a minority one.

That's some fight eh? I hope he wasn't traumatised.
Should I send flowers, do you think?

Oh wow..
You are a poor loser, aren't you?

Old
Moron (mentally deficient)
and troublemaker.

I just offered you a perfectly rational argument - and your rebuttal was to offer up a person who uses the system - who denounced it, for the same reasons as I do.

"On the other hand, we create a lot of chances. In the Expected Goals we are still second behind Man City in the Premier League, but far from them in the ones we actually scored. This problem has been going on throughout the season.”

- Jurgen Klopp.

Go on Mick, go and tell Jurgen it's a load of nonsense. Your moment has come.

"On the other hand, we create a lot of chances. In the Expected Goals we are still second behind Man City in the Premier League, but far from them in the ones we actually scored. This problem has been going on throughout the season.”

- Jurgen Klopp.

Go on Mick, go and tell Jurgen it's a load of nonsense. Your moment has come.
Umm
He said in his quote there was a discrepancy between expectancy and reality

And you are still saying it's a viable format?

What's your next quote - Ancelotti "we look at Xg, and think it's shit"

Totti " hah Mick Cooper, you fool, Ancelotti used Xg!"

Umm
He said in his quote there was a discrepancy between expectancy and reality

And you are still saying it's a viable format?

What's your next quote - Ancelotti "we look at Xg, and think it's shit"

Totti " hah Mick Cooper, you fool, Ancelotti used Xg!"

Uh ... yes? What the fuck is wrong with you? Do you think that xG is utilised as some sort of guaranteed prediction model? Who told you that?

It's a model for showing chance creation, hence why I fucking post it. That's what these managers use it for and that's why it is useful, it doesn't tell you who will win matches 100/100 times or it would be used for fucking betting, wouldn't it?

Christ, talking to you is like talking to a brick wall. If Klopp didn't think xG was useful he wouldn't fucking cite it or use it in his analysis, but he does.

Uh ... yes? What the fuck is wrong with you? Do you think that xG is utilised as some sort of guaranteed prediction model? Who told you that?

It's a model for showing chance creation, hence why I fucking post it. That's what these managers use it for and that's why it is useful, it doesn't tell you who will win matches 100/100 times or it would be used for fucking betting, wouldn't it?

Christ, talking to you is like talking to a brick wall. If Klopp didn't think xG was useful he wouldn't fucking cite it or use it in his analysis, but he does.

Glad you think its valuable

Back
Top Bottom