Fulham V Tottenham Hotspur… Monday 8pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Clearly Newcastle's squad is 3pts with a game in hand better than ours

Agree on the style of play and identity though. Second half was a bit more like it despite the real absence of genuine threat.
Subjectively they may not be better than us, but they have the best defensive record in the league by some distance. Two of their defenders walk straight into our team. One of which used to be ours.

If your day has been just too relaxed thus far and you need to feel the anger rise in you, I suggest you look at the comments below this piss-poor match report by bitter little West Ham fan Jacob Steinberg.

I want to smash the majority of the commenters into tiny pieces, and when I'm done with that, I'll go back to the start and smash them into even smaller ones...

Harry Kane equals Spurs’ all-time scoring record in win at Fulham

:parker:

Most of them are probably Africans or kids who don't realise football existed before 1992 and more to the point, Tottenham have actually won a lot, just a long time ago.
There are "fans" who genuinely believe we haven't actually won anything.

When we win games it’s because we have Kane and he scores goals other strikers don’t. The system still wasn’t/isn’t functioning.

3 points was all that really mattered here but we didn’t really see major signs of improvement. We remain the Harry Kane team who allow any team of quality to control matches.

I think it sounds like we know what the problem is given the interviews after the game last night. I’d take a few one nil wins to build confidence to tell you the truth and then we can work on introducing a bit more pizzazz into our game.
I never feel comfortable when we have a streak of scraping wins, as it always seems much more likely to me that we will begin to concede more/stop scoring the odd goal that is winning matches, than pick up confidence and start winning comfortably.

Feels like it's been about 4 years now of waiting for performances to click!

Why is alan smith co-commentating on Tottenham games?
Hear me out.

tumblr_o16n2kBlpX1ta3qyvo1_1280.jpg

I never feel comfortable when we have a streak of scraping wins, as it always seems much more likely to me that we will begin to concede more/stop scoring the odd goal that is winning matches, than pick up confidence and start winning comfortably.

Feels like it's been about 4 years now of waiting for performances to click!

I don’t know really. I’d just like us to go on a good run of wins by hook or by crook.

When we win games it’s because we have Kane and he scores goals other strikers don’t. The system still wasn’t/isn’t functioning.

3 points was all that really mattered here but we didn’t really see major signs of improvement. We remain the Harry Kane team who allow any team of quality to control matches.

Yeah, we strain ourselves to secure 3 points against the likes of Fulham and Brentford and never manage to get a result against anyone above us on the table.

The quality of play simply doesn't match a CL tier team.

Judging by the post match interviews Cone's told the players that he is the manager this season - and he does care what happens this season, so players need to pull their finger out and fight for the points.

Probably helps if Kane says in the dressing room what he said in his interview post match too

And would help further if he was made captain

I personally thought Royale was motm, he had a great game defensively.

There.... i said it...

He was good for his own standards yes and once again gave 100% as did the rest of the team during the second half as they seemed determined to hang on to the three points

So a pleasing performance overall

Good system that Xg thing, isn't it?
Not a load of cobblers at all.

If your day has been just too relaxed thus far and you need to feel the anger rise in you, I suggest you look at the comments below this piss-poor match report by bitter little West Ham fan Jacob Steinberg.

I want to smash the majority of the commenters into tiny pieces, and when I'm done with that, I'll go back to the start and smash them into even smaller ones...

Harry Kane equals Spurs’ all-time scoring record in win at Fulham

:parker:

Why bring up a possible move to ‘United ‘?

Does he mean WHU?
LOL 😆

Most of them are probably Africans or kids who don't realise football existed before 1992 and more to the point, Tottenham have actually won a lot, just a long time ago.
There are "fans" who genuinely believe we haven't actually won anything.
When the Man City fans started singing "have you ever seen Tottenham win the league", I told a little white lie and shouted across I have!!! Although I was alive in '61, I was a five year old in Malta then and didn't even know what football was. But they didn't need to know that and it shut a couple of them up too! :)

When the Man City fans started singing "have you ever seen Tottenham win the league", I told a little white lie and shouted across I have!!! Although I was alive in '61, I was a five year old in Malta then and didn't even know what football was. But they didn't need to know that and it shut a couple of them up too! :)
Its a good job they were far away Mrs P, if they were any closer they would have known you look far to young to be telling the truth! :mourthumb:

Good system that Xg thing, isn't it?
Not a load of cobblers at all.
Who, exactly, is the goal expecter? It's Mike Dean, isn't it?

I've been looking at the basis for xG and while I can see some value in the broad scope (i.e. a whole season), it's useless for single games.

It's just another way of saying what we all see, just keeping better track of it over time. Once you start applying it to individual/few cases, you're totally missing the point of this kind of stat (and interpretative stats in general). But I guess it plays into the 'authority' role that the stats providers like Opta crave.

The last bit about Juve is on-point. i.e. xG is 'wrong' until enough games have been played.

Note that they never say who, what or how they decide? Just some broad explanation of what is a good or bad chance. It's Mike F. Dean. I swear to god.

A win last night wasn’t what I expected and so pleased to be wrong. More importantly (for me) the players put a shift in a were gritty. After some pretty pathetic performances at times this season they showed, to me at least that they are still with Conte.

January is a difficult month for transfers but the board should really try to help him now. If not does it say they don’t expect him to stay beyond the end of the season? Maybe…

Who, exactly, is the goal expecter? It's Mike Dean, isn't it?

I've been looking at the basis for xG and while I can see some value in the broad scope (i.e. a whole season), it's useless for single games.

It's just another way of saying what we all see, just keeping better track of it over time. Once you start applying it to individual/few cases, you're totally missing the point of this kind of stat (and interpretative stats in general). But I guess it plays into the 'authority' role that the stats providers like Opta crave.

The last bit about Juve is on-point. i.e. xG is 'wrong' until enough games have been played.

Note that they never say who, what or how they decide? Just some broad explanation of what is a good or bad chance. It's Mike F. Dean. I swear to god.

Don't even need to click on the video to tell you that it is absolute nonsense, based entirely on the nonce with the shit 'tache presenting it...

I bet he writes for t'Athletic too.

Back
Top Bottom