FOR FLIPS SAKE, WE'VE SIGNED VERTONGHEN!!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Re: Apparently we may or may not have signed Vertonghen

Flannerz said:
blingblingwideface said:
so buying Belgium's 3.rd choice centre half? going AWOL against Stoke per chance? Centre half - you just need a beast= otherwise you have to wait for them to develop abd get used to the play- muxh like Kaboom has done-

I would imagine JUve will splash the cash now- so perhaps Modric can disappear there with us getting Krasic in return plus a bit of dollar to go and get Sahin from Madrid with cheeky wink re Bale for them- Modric light with the peacock complex well and truly binned after sitting on the bench for a year

Then just the striker............
Sahin is too weak to get into the Madrid according to Mourinho so he might struggle in the Premier League
According to that logic Higuain might struggle in the PL.

Ben said:
I'm surprised everyone wants him. Look at the way he's touting himself, flaunting it in the media, disrespecting the club that employs him. Mercenary, in it for his self. Don't like his kind round here do we. :harryblow: :baletroll:

:adestare: :modric:

Sahin - too weak? because Spanuish football the tackles fly in compared to the Bundesliga- plus remember "you cannot play Modric in the middle because he is to weak etc"- Master Yoda Redknapp knew sense-

just saying Sahin will go for less than £10m and if we want a small central midfielder who can pass and tackle and no shoot very well with bad hair and a fit wife who will let us all down in a few years ...to replace the one we have then......

Just saying if Mourinho feels Sahin is too weak physically to play regularly in La Liga he'll take a while to acclimatise that's all. He might take longer than other players

Sahin would be a fucking brilliant buy. And about Vertonghen, I just get the feeling that we might actually sign this guy.

He's flaunting it cause he's already said that he doesn't want to sign a new contract at Ajax and it expires next summer, therefore allowing him to leave for free.

He is publicly asking Spurs and Ajax to come to an agreeable fee for him.

What's so wrong with that?

I would of understood if Bale did the same thing. OK I wouldn't of been pleased, but at least he has the balls to publicly say that he won't be signing a new contract and that he doesn't want to leave his club in the shit by allowing him to leave for free.

If you believe the story that he's getting his physical next week, I imagine the story will hot up on Sunday (if he's at the ground) or next week. In other words, I find the silence encouraging.

Fair enough, the whole Vertonghen saga was going mental and now its all gone quiet. Bit like when we were interested in Eden Hazard.

Did I read somewhere that Spurs scouts where in Madrid recently?

JamieG17 said:
Vertonghen was at white hart lane yesterday confirmed by ajax

was he.... did they...?

Pretty good news if true... but I imagine ALL deals are on hold for 6 days at least...
such is the luxury of finishing 4th denies you!

We need a centre-back regardless of where we finish really.

But if he is saying that he wont come unless we have CL football then he can do one anyway.

From what he's been saying Burko, he wants to come to Spurs regardless of any other options on the table.

"Tottenham are absolutely my favourite."
"The Ajax board are asking for a very big amount for a player whose contract is running out in a year. I trust that both Tottenham and Ajax will put some water in the wine and they will soon reach an agreement." Vertonghen

Burko said:

But if he is saying that he wont come unless we have CL football then he can do one anyway.

I think he said that he wanted to join regardless if we had CL football

Freudlyuchenko said:
Burko said:

I think he said that he wanted to join regardless if we had CL football

A rare breed indeed... I love him already!

Sign him up then.

We don't need the players that see us as a stepping stone anymore.

Back
Top Bottom