FOR FLIPS SAKE, WE'VE SIGNED VERTONGHEN!!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Re: Apparently we may or may not have signed Vertonghen

Small update on Vertonghen , he broke the club record for best scoring Defender ever in Ajax yesterday lol , ten goals in a season as a CB - not too shabby.

Our set pieces our wank so he won't get those goals with us, Gallas used to get on the scoresheet a fair bit in the past

Apparently we may or may not have signed Vertonghen

According to an ITK on twitter, Vertonghen is quoted as saying.... "In England, there is a growing realisation that you can go far with good football. Woolwich started it.."

What an ignorant cunt.

And another update : he has been voted most valuable player of the Dutch League this year (they decide it based on the player with the best average match rating over a year but i suppose you need to have a decent amount of appearances to qualify)

TheSprocketMan said:
According to an ITK on twitter, Vertonghen is quoted as saying.... "In England, there is a growing realisation that you can go far with good football. Woolwich started it.."

What an ignorant cunt.
It was in the news the past few days. Yes, he's wrong, but you're also missing half the quote. After that he spoke about how Spurs, Newcastle, and a few other clubs these days play positive attacking football.

been doing some research on vertonghen and from all the goals i have found on him an alarmingly high number have been scored from him being involved in all the attacking action. i would hate to buy him and he ends up playing a large portion of his game as a striker very much out of position. very very good in the air though from what i can tell, and loads of sources saying he is a fantastic captain who knows how to run the team well. especially this last season knowing he was gonna leave he gave extra attention to nurturing the young talent in the team.

"The sun'll come out, Vertonghen...
Betcha bottom dollar, that Vertonghen...
He will come...

Just thinkin' about, Vertonghen...
Clears away the cobwebs,
And the sorrow... 'Til there's none!

When I'm stuck a day
That's gray, And lonely,
I just stick out my chin
And Grin, And Saaaay,
Oh!

The sun'll come out, Vertonghen
So ya gotta hang on, 'To Vertonghen
Come what may...

Vertonghen! Vertonghen!
We love ya Vertonghen!
You play in the Tottenahm way
!"

until he's in Spurs Lodge holding up the shirt we really shouldn't be getting excited.

I must admit I like the thing he said about wanting a deal to be done quickly so he could spend pre-season with his new teammates. I still have massive doubts we'll sign any of the players we talk about though, not expecting him here really

SadlerTHFC said:
Thelonious said:
until he's in Spurs Lodge holding up the shirt we really shouldn't be getting excited.

Even what he said must make you a bit excited Thelonious? :niko:
Not even in the slightest mate, I'm an old cynic. Judas killed me inside.

Thelonious said:
Not even in the slightest mate, I'm an old cynic. Judas killed me inside.

Amen to that.

Here's hoping we get some deals done quick and in time for preseason. I hate it when we leave it late...or when we get prematurely excited about unproven in the Premiership player.

Postiga anyone?

Back
Top Bottom